Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

GoofGoof

Premium Member
As it is stupid logic to say how many they avoided, works both ways. The goal was to keep it under control in the tristate area and not to have rising cases like other areas that don't have travel restrictions, well that did not happen.

I personally don't care either way, same with politics don't care, just highlighting the irony that NY is now in the same situation as Florida. Cuomo made it us vs. them and you have somewhat also claiming that states should have a travel restrictions, even though it is appearing to not have any effect.
The travel restrictions were done to reduce cases. We both agree travel leads to spread of the virus, therefore reducing travel reduces cases. It’s not stupid logic, it’s simple common sense. You are saying that if cases are rising anyway then it is proof the restrictions did nothing but you are completely missing the point. I don‘t know how to say it any other way so that’s the last I’ll say on it.

legwand77

The travel restrictions were done to reduce cases. We both agree travel leads to spread of the virus, therefore reducing travel reduces cases. It’s not stupid logic, it’s simple common sense. You are saying that if cases are rising anyway then it is proof the restrictions did nothing but you are completely missing the point. I don‘t know how to say it any other way so that’s the last I’ll say on it.
Florida has no travel restrictions and their cases have remained low for months and rising currently like NY etc. , by your logic they should be sky high since travel causes cases. Also note Florida is home to one of the largest tourists destinations in the country and has been attracting tourists from all over the country for months.

Parker in NYC

As it is stupid logic to say how many they avoided, works both ways. The goal was to keep it under control in the tristate area and not to have rising cases like other areas that don't have travel restrictions, well that did not happen.

I personally don't care either way, same with politics don't care, just highlighting the irony that NY is now in the same situation as Florida. Cuomo made it us vs. them and you have somewhat also claiming that states should have a travel restrictions, even though it is appearing to not have any effect.
CUOMO DID NOT MAKE IT US VS. THEM. Do some research and look at what the national landscape looked like when NYC was initially hit. Just look. And stop with these untruths and fake news (if it's in your makeup to do so). Governor Cuomo was wading into an already toxic environment driven by the President and republican governors throughout the country.

legwand77

CUOMO DID NOT MAKE IT US VS. THEM. Do some research and look at what the national landscape looked like when NYC was initially hit. Just look. And stop with these untruths and fake news (if it's in your makeup to do so). Governor Cuomo was wading into an already toxic environment driven by the President and republican governors throughout the country.
Just to be clear, I don't care about politics either way here

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Florida has no travel restrictions and their cases have remained low for months and rising currently like NY etc. , by your logic they should be sky high since travel causes cases. Also note Florida is home to one of the largest tourists destinations in the country and has been attracting tourists from all over the country for months.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Of course it had nothing to do with the travel quarantine Desantis put on NY/NJ.

UNCgolf

A lot (most) of the snowbirds from Quebec and Ontario are still back in Florida, FWIW, as normal. Still down around 20% from last year, though.

I think the bigger issue is the people who don't normally go down for the whole winter (i.e. people who aren't fully retired). I know people who have a place in Naples and usually go for 3-4 weeks over Christmas/New Year's, and then head back to Toronto. Then they often go back down for a week or two in February.

They're not going at all this year.

legwand77

For those that don’t follow the other thread Universal has extended their resort outage of 4 resorts through the rest of 2020. They are now down to just 3 resorts open (Hard Rock, Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific) and less than half of their available rooms. Not a great sign for people hoping for a quicker recovery in the fall. At least Universal doesn’t appear to be confident that an increase in demand is coming this year :( Tough times ahead for the workers involved.

Demand may be picking back up - Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Endless Summer Resort are opening up 12/1 and 12/15 respectively adding roughly 2800 rooms to their inventory.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Demand may be picking back up - Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Endless Summer Resort are opening up 12/1 and 12/15 respectively adding roughly 2800 rooms to their inventory.
The worldwide pandemic is over today (goal achieved) so it makes sense that everything just reopens as usual. Life goes back to normal. We can stop faking deaths and over-reacting to a harmless virus. These threads can all be shut down.

Unbanshee

Epcot extending hours January 1-16 opening one hour earlier at 11am

Source: https://blogmickey.com/2020/11/epcot-park-hours-extended-in-early-2021/

Disney Springs extending hours to close at 11pm 7 days a week starting 11/20

Source: https://blogmickey.com/2020/11/disney-springs-extends-weekday-hours-through-early-2021/

Epcot keep the earlier opening time 1/17 -/123 but closing one hours earlier at 7

Source: https://blogmickey.com/2020/11/disn...through-january-23-shortened-hours-for-epcot/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom