Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Thelazer

Well looks like Universal is going to start up their nighttime show Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration this weekend, with fireworks. Figured they would be first b/t Disney and Universal. The park is also going to stay open till ten.

Yes it is Universal, yes not as big as Disney. However this just one more thing that makes the Disney product even less exciting in comparison.

Kinda figured they would make the first move.. AGAIN.
(Well Seaworld and Bush gardens already have fireworks..)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
By the way, why is this thread still being bumped up? It’s not even relevant anymore.
I try to keep my posts here relating specifically to WDW and the park hours and other offerings that are missing and when they will come back. Obviously there’s no way to talk about it without talking about Covid and Covid restrictions so sometimes the topic strays into a tangent, but in the 2,000+ page general Covid thread it’s common to go pages without even mention of the Disney parks.

On the original topic of the thread the original September cuts in hours were mostly reversed but we are still seeing hours well below the normal holiday time. maybe they will add more, who knows.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Another site mentions that they're dropping back to pre-Christmas hours in the new year, even decreased further at MK. Not a good direction, even if attendance following the holidays typically drops off, imo.
Yeah, back to 6PM close for MK is pretty disappointing (and 5PM for AK). January may be pretty dead since they typically rely on special events that won’t be happening like the big marathon week to fill the parks. It’s also the typical time for taking rides down for repair work so maybe the silver lining is the parks will be ready to go for the Spring/Summer should a vaccine pan out and crowds pick up.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Yeah, back to 6PM close for MK is pretty disappointing (and 5PM for AK). January may be pretty dead since they typically rely on special events that won’t be happening like the big marathon week to fill the parks. It’s also the typical time for taking rides down for repair work so maybe the silver lining is the parks will be ready to go for the Spring/Summer should a vaccine pan out and crowds pick up.
One can hope! 🤞 🤞 🤞

legwand77

on a scale of 2020, it is not disappointing at all ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
on a scale of 2020, it is not disappointing at all ;)
Compared to April, May and June, I can’t disagree. With the hotel discounts thrown out there and increased hours over the holidays I thought maybe Disney was ramping up for larger crowds but going back down to 6PM closures at MK isn’t a good sign. That could just be the dead period in Jan and we will see a ramp up leading into President’s Day weekend. They can always add more hours in.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Another site mentions that they're dropping back to pre-Christmas hours in the new year, even decreased further at MK. Not a good direction, even if attendance following the holidays typically drops off, imo.
Yeah you can see them at https://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm but they can easily be change, so it doesn't really mean anything at this point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
NY travel restrictions changing to allow a shorter quarantine when combined with 2 negative tests, one within 3 days of entering the state and a second test 4 days after returning. Once the second test comes back negative you no longer have to quarantine. If you refuse to get tested the 14 day quarantine remains in effect but that’s now for every state, no naughty list anymore. Assuming 24 to 48 hour turn around on testing it cuts the quarantine from 2 weeks to about 1. I’m not sure if it helps WDW a ton, but if you time the travel right (travel to WDW the week before Thanksgiving and serve your quarantine Thanksgiving week) it’s possible to miss less school or work. I am assuming CT, NJ and PA among other States may follow this plan but not official yet for all of them.

legwand77

NY travel restrictions changing to allow a shorter quarantine when combined with 2 negative tests, one within 3 days of entering the state and a second test 4 days after returning. Once the second test comes back negative you no longer have to quarantine. If you refuse to get tested the 14 day quarantine remains in effect but that’s now for every state, no naughty list anymore. Assuming 24 to 48 hour turn around on testing it cuts the quarantine from 2 weeks to about 1. I’m not sure if it helps WDW a ton, but if you time the travel right (travel to WDW the week before Thanksgiving and serve your quarantine Thanksgiving week) it’s possible to miss less school or work. I am assuming CT, NJ and PA among other States may follow this plan but not official yet for all of them.
Smart move and reasonable , good step to see, didn’t think they would make that move until much later, time it right you could get it down to 5 days , our tests come back regularly in 12-24 hours

legwand77

So the New York new policy now is basically just a 3 day quarantine with negative test on the fourth. that is a hug improvement. You take the first test prior to coming into the state.

eta - making the change before thanksgiving, one of the biggest travel weekend is great news

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom