Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

frank2271

Has anyone heard anything about the 10K course? My family and I are doing it this year and I'm really curious where in EPCOT they are going to squeeze 6 miles? I hope it's not four miles of parking lot. We have done the 5k and atleast a mile of it (30%) is in the parking lot. I would like to see it go throught the Yacht and Beach Club, possibly Boardwalk too. That part of the Full Marathon is my favorite stretch.

What do you guys think?

Ariel484

Has anyone heard anything about the 10K course? My family and I are doing it this year and I'm really curious where in EPCOT they are going to squeeze 6 miles? I hope it's not four miles of parking lot. We have done the 5k and atleast a mile of it (30%) is in the parking lot. I would like to see it go throught the Yacht and Beach Club, possibly Boardwalk too. That part of the Full Marathon is my favorite stretch.

What do you guys think?
I posted this a few pages back and am pretty sure this is it...from the USA T&F website:

FL13004TY.png

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=FL13004TY

Looks like a great course is this is actually it. The first 3ish miles look a little "meh" but you gotta expect some back roads/parking lots when you run Disney races.

Katherine

I saw someone post a picture of a race email for the WDW Marathon weekend, did anyone else get one yesterday?

I didn't get one, that's why I'm checking. Thanks!

Sumrdog

I got one yesterday...There was nothing in there that I didn't already know. It doesn't appear that they will be selling the discounted park tickets this year. So that's disappointing.

Katherine

Nope. Lots of local races and spam, but nothing from RunDisney.
I got one yesterday...There was nothing in there that I didn't already know. It doesn't appear that they will be selling the discounted park tickets this year. So that's disappointing.
I got a marathon email ..... this is getting real .. and we just got to customize and order our magic bands for our trip! ..-- T- Minus 60 days and counting!

Hmm... so it seems it was a little spotty. Yeah, I got a Tink Half email yesterday and so got antsy (plus in the Tink email they included a link to by the pin which I forgot to do when I registered for the WDW this time around... doh).

I don't know why but I'm already anxious about these races. I had my first stress dream a couple weeks back where I missed the 10k and my dreams of completing Dopey were dashed :p

Sumrdog

Hmm... so it seems it was a little spotty. Yeah, I got a Tink Half email yesterday and so got antsy (plus in the Tink email they included a link to by the pin which I forgot to do when I registered for the WDW this time around... doh).

I don't know why but I'm already anxious about these races. I had my first stress dream a couple weeks back where I missed the 10k and my dreams of completing Dopey were dashed :p

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Didn't you just conquer the hills of San Francisco in under 4 hours?!:)

Katherine

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Didn't you just conquer the hills of San Francisco in under 4 hours?!:)
Haha... yesss... but it's the waking up early four days in a row that's getting me nervous (the time difference+early race start kills me). It's normal race anxiety, nothing unusual, just a little earlier than ususal. :p

Goofy14

I keep telling my daughter that it was her fault that I signed up for the Goofy. She looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted to do that! Hey, I get three shirts & three medals and a vacation in Disney. What could be better than that?

Goofy14

When I registered for the Goofy, I must have opted out to receive Disney's emails. They are not on their website (event communications) and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I am missing. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom