Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Just throwing it out here, if anyone hasn't checked their emails, MarathonFoto dramatically dropped the cost of the Goofy CD (not sure if they did the regular CD as well) and have claimed a few times to have loaded more pictures. So there is still hope if they are missing one you know they took.

Kristia

Just throwing it out here, if anyone hasn't checked their emails, MarathonFoto dramatically dropped the cost of the Goofy CD (not sure if they did the regular CD as well) and have claimed a few times to have loaded more pictures. So there is still hope if they are missing one you know they took.
There are still no finish line photos of us for the marathon. I even looked through the unclaimed photos. Boo Marathon photo! Price for the Goofy CD with videos is $124.95. They do have the videos of us at the finish. Not sure what happened to the photos.

LindsayLoves

Kristy - I had to flag a finish line one of a guy that is NOT me who was one number off from me (I was 3558 and he was 3556). I am hoping that my action will eventually cause that photo to show up for that guy. Maybe try searching numbers close to yours, they might be there.

Ariel484

There are still no finish line photos of us for the marathon. I even looked through the unclaimed photos. Boo Marathon photo! Price for the Goofy CD with videos is $124.95. They do have the videos of us at the finish. Not sure what happened to the photos.
Yeah, I'm disappointed in the photos this year so far. No photos of me finishing the half OR the full. It seems like there are more videos from the full this year though...I think I'm just gonna wait it out a few more days and see what happens. But right now I'm leaning toward not buying anything.

Kristia

Kristy - I had to flag a finish line one of a guy that is NOT me who was one number off from me (I was 3558 and he was 3556). I am hoping that my action will eventually cause that photo to show up for that guy. Maybe try searching numbers close to yours, they might be there.
I will have to try that. The weird part is that for the half, they have a ton of photos based on your finish time listed as provisional photos. You can search through those and I easily found us. They have 3 photos for the full of a ground camera behind Goofy but none are us. I didn't even see Goofy at the end. I know I high-fived Minnie and Mickey.
Yeah, I'm disappointed in the photos this year so far. No photos of me finishing the half OR the full. It seems like there are more videos from the full this year though...I think I'm just gonna wait it out a few more days and see what happens. But right now I'm leaning toward not buying anything.
I am kind of leaning that way too. I am underwelmed by our finish photo with our medals in front of the banner too. Last time, it was a great photo with the banner clearly showing. This time you can barely see the banner but they made sure to get a lot of the framing by our feet?! Don't they hire anyone with some sort of eye for a camera for these pics? Seems like they would make a few more sales if the pics were good.

Kristia

We haven't seen any videos yet on either of our photo sets.....
I just found them yesterday. They aren't in an obvious place. At least for ours, if you click on Product Categories at the top of the page, it shows our CD choices. The first one says Goofy CD with Video. Within the product box is small type that says "Click here to preview your videos".

Ariel484

I will have to try that. The weird part is that for the half, they have a ton of photos based on your finish time listed as provisional photos. You can search through those and I easily found us. They have 3 photos for the full of a ground camera behind Goofy but none are us. I didn't even see Goofy at the end. I know I high-fived Minnie and Mickey.
Did the high-five photo show up? I'd be mad if I did that and didn't get a picture.
I am kind of leaning that way too. I am underwelmed by our finish photo with our medals in front of the banner too. Last time, it was a great photo with the banner clearly showing. This time you can barely see the banner but they made sure to get a lot of the framing by our feet?! Don't they hire anyone with some sort of eye for a camera for these pics? Seems like they would make a few more sales if the pics were good.
Ugh, your medal photo sounds crappy! That stinks. My medal photo is okay...there's a photo of me on the marathon course and a couple of videos that I like so I keep going back and forth.
We haven't seen any videos yet on either of our photo sets.....
If you go to the order page and look at one of the "CD with video" packages there should be a link that lets you preview your videos...that's how I saw mine. Do you see the link? It's orange and in small font. I think last year's page was much easier to use...
I don't think I'm in one of the videos at all even though it's in my bucket, but I have 7 total clips to view.

Kristia

Did the high-five photo show up? I'd be mad if I did that and didn't get a picture.

Ugh, your medal photo sounds crappy! That stinks. My medal photo is okay...there's a photo of me on the marathon course and a couple of videos that I like so I keep going back and forth.

If you go to the order page and look at one of the "CD with video" packages there should be a link that lets you preview your videos...that's how I saw mine. Do you see the link? It's orange and in small font. I think last year's page was much easier to use...
I don't think I'm in one of the videos at all even though it's in my bucket, but I have 7 total clips to view.
Nope, no pictures of the high fives. :mad: There are a couple that I like too, but I am not sure its worth it. We are in all of the videos.

Ariel484

We posted at the same time! :D
Nope, no pictures of the high fives. :mad: There are a couple that I like too, but I am not sure its worth it. We are in all of the videos.
OH...that stinks!! :mad: Maybe if I keep waiting the price will just keep dropping...although (and I think I mentioned this earlier) it IS definitely cheaper than last year. I got the marathon download with videos last year and it was $99...same price as one of the Goofy downloads this year. But there's less pictures this year, sooo...:confused:
ETA: Nope, read that wrong...the Goofy download with video is $115. Still cheaper than last year (I think I remember hearing it was $150 for Goofy).

dreamfinder

Wonder if you can purchase last year's Goofy at this year's price? :)
Doubt it. Last years is still technically being sold by Brightroom, not MarathonFoto, so may still have different costs. Also, Brightroom charged a per photo "archive fee" if you tried to order pictures after a certain amount of time past a race. Would more than likely kill any savings.

GoofyRacer11

Fortunately, many of my pictures came out really well. I'm thinking about
getting a couple of my favorites so I can change my profile picture.

LindsayLoves

Just an FYI about marathonfoto. I am about to buy 4- 5x7 photos and after I added them to my cart they sent me to a page with an "add-on discount" of all of my pictures downloadable for $50 or on disc for $55. So if you are interested in the download for a "discount" mess around with adding items to your cart and see what they offer you.

LindsayLoves

Also for those who care Brightroom and Marathonfoto merged recently (December) so get used to using Marathonfoto from now on... they are the only game in town for now unless they start using ASI.

I found this out today when I got an email from marathonfoto telling me that they will be shooting at the 4 mile race I am running on Sunday. Someone posted on the New York Road Runners facebook page about the super high prices with marathonfoto and they responded back that the two have merged. Boo!

Kristia

Also for those who care Brightroom and Marathonfoto merged recently (December) so get used to using Marathonfoto from now on... they are the only game in town for now unless they start using ASI.

I found this out today when I got an email from marathonfoto telling me that they will be shooting at the 4 mile race I am running on Sunday. Someone posted on the New York Road Runners facebook page about the super high prices with marathonfoto and they responded back that the two have merged. Boo!
ASI did the pics for the marathon in 2011 and they were wonderful. Expensive but wonderful so I didn't mind paying as much. They didn't have photographers at the characters but I still got a lot of photos and most were good. Unfortunately, I think marathonfoto is the only game in town because I think someone said on here that Brightroom aquired ASI and then in turn was aquired by Marathonfoto. I looked on ASI website and all the events are older and they have no upcoming events listed.

dreamfinder

ASI did the pics for the marathon in 2011 and they were wonderful. Expensive but wonderful so I didn't mind paying as much. They didn't have photographers at the characters but I still got a lot of photos and most were good. Unfortunately, I think marathonfoto is the only game in town because I think someone said on here that Brightroom aquired ASI and then in turn was aquired by Marathonfoto. I looked on ASI website and all the events are older and they have no upcoming events listed.

AYup. ASI pretty much was Brightroom. Used Brightroom as their backend/printer, and they had the same address. It's possible Brightroom had aquired ASI before I started to give a hoot, but they definitely were one and the same for the last 5 years or so. And then Brightroom was acquired/"merged" with MarathonFoto. There are still plenty of smaller regional players in the game, but not many left that can shoot events with 10k plus runners. At least not that I'm aware of on the East Coast.

The interesting thing about ASI/Brightroom/MarathonFoto is that most of the photographers working their events don't actually work for the company. They were all freelance people hired to work the event. I think MarathonFoto will even provide the equipment! Just to give you an idea of how varied their experience may be.

imagination30

shannon or any others, that have had family come watch... , what is the best way for them to watch .. , at the finish line/ and at the magic kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom