Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Kristia

I got my DME mail today!!! There was a mistake on it, but still...yay!

33 days...:)
No fair! I didn't get mine yet! :p We didn't get a package this time and went with renting points through David's Disney Vacation Rentals so I am not sure if it will take longer? They confirmed we were booked for ME so hopefully it will come soon!

Ariel484

No fair! I didn't get mine yet! :p We didn't get a package this time and went with renting points through David's Disney Vacation Rentals so I am not sure if it will take longer? They confirmed we were booked for ME so hopefully it will come soon!
I used them last year when I stayed at BCV and I don't remember having any issues with waiting for the DME stuff...just hated that I had to depend on someone else (the DVC member) to book it for me since I am such a control freak. :p Turns out my stuff from today had mistakes on it so I had to call and get that fixed...I guess we still use the same vouchers though? I hope yours comes soon!

Kristia

I used them last year when I stayed at BCV and I don't remember having any issues with waiting for the DME stuff...just hated that I had to depend on someone else (the DVC member) to book it for me since I am such a control freak. :p Turns out my stuff from today had mistakes on it so I had to call and get that fixed...I guess we still use the same vouchers though? I hope yours comes soon!
Yay! Got it today!

Kristia

Woohoo!! Getting closer and closer...

I have my first of two 20-milers tomorrow...eek! :eek:
Good luck! You will do great! I have a step-back week of 11 miles tomorrow. Didn't run as much as I would have liked during the week. Have a good run!

Ariel484

Good luck! Just remember to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
Good luck! You will do great! I have a step-back week of 11 miles tomorrow. Didn't run as much as I would have liked during the week. Have a good run!

Thanks ladies! I had a 20-miler scheduled while training for the 2012 marathon but never got it in due to an ice storm, so I am a little nervous. :eek: Almost time for taperrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Kristia

Yep 23! Can't wait to get it done. We are supposed to walk 12 miles on Saturday and run 23 Sunday. Ahhhhh! :eek: I don't think I can WALK 12 so I think we (meaning I) have decided to do a "dress rehearsal". We are going to do an easy paced 12 and see how we do with the 23 next day. Should give us a good idea of what to expect on race days.

Ariel484

Yep 23! Can't wait to get it done. We are supposed to walk 12 miles on Saturday and run 23 Sunday. Ahhhhh! :eek: I don't think I can WALK 12 so I think we (meaning I) have decided to do a "dress rehearsal". We are going to do an easy paced 12 and see how we do with the 23 next day. Should give us a good idea of what to expect on race days.
I don't think I can walk 12 either! :eek: I'd probably do exactly what you guys are doing. Can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

LindsayLoves

You ladies are going to rock the Goofy with the way you have been training!

I can't imagine the walking 12 miles because it would just take so much darn time.

Ariel484

You ladies are going to rock the Goofy with the way you have been training!

I can't imagine the walking 12 miles because it would just take so much darn time.
Hope so! :eek: Thanks!

Same here with walking 12 miles...and I think I would just get bored. I am just not sure I have the mental toughness to actually stick it out.

@LindsayLoves how is training going? Is your brother sticking with it?

Kristia

We walked 8 miles a month ago and that was tough because it took us so long and it was a bit boring. If I was training alone, I definitely couldn't do it. Weather on Sunday isn't supposed to be so great, so we may wait on the dress rehearsal till the following weekend. Playing it by ear. I don't think I can run 23 in the rain! I had trouble doing 9 last weekend in the horrible weather!

Mickey&Minnie

On my way to the gym last night, I checked the mail and saw the best envelope in the world. I ran back upstairs because I knew I couldn't open it without my DH. It was excitement for both of us. Our welcome packet is here and we will be in Disney in a month!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom