Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

We walked 8 miles a month ago and that was tough because it took us so long and it was a bit boring. If I was training alone, I definitely couldn't do it. Weather on Sunday isn't supposed to be so great, so we may wait on the dress rehearsal till the following weekend. Playing it by ear. I don't think I can run 23 in the rain! I had trouble doing 9 last weekend in the horrible weather!

The boredom is what would get me, for sure. I hope the weather gets better for you guys! I am with you on not running in super crappy weather...I'm starting to get over my aversion to running in the rain but man, it's so much more pleasant to have nicer conditions.

On my way to the gym last night, I checked the mail and saw the best envelope in the world. I ran back upstairs because I knew I couldn't open it without my DH. It was excitement for both of us. Our welcome packet is here and we will be in Disney in a month!!!

Woohoo!!! :) Congrats! Less than 1 month to go!!!

Mad Stitch

You are awesome.

Were you actually able to pull up your waiver? I tried to submit mine but there is no button. :(

Yes, there are other ways but I'm not going to post more then I already have. They must not be fully ready and I wouldn't want my own sites hitting the public before they are ready. Let's just treat this as they are getting close.

LindsayLoves

@LindsayLoves how is training going? Is your brother sticking with it?

My training has been off due to some knee funkiness so I don't think I will get in another long run before the marathon :eek: I have a 15k race this weekend that I am horribly unprepared for, but this race is more about my brother getting a decent time so we aren't in corral Q!

My brother has only made it up to 11 miles at this point so between my knee and his lack of training I think the Galloway run/walk will be in full effect for marathon day. So much for my mental goal time, I definitely got very speed oriented the past few months but now I will go back to my original plan of having a blast!.

Ariel484

Yes, there are other ways but I'm not going to post more then I already have. They must not be fully ready and I wouldn't want my own sites hitting the public before they are ready. Let's just treat this as they are getting close.
GRR...:p
I've seen this link other places so word has definitely gotten out. Maybe they'll be "officially" up tomorrow.
My training has been off due to some knee funkiness so I don't think I will get in another long run before the marathon :eek: I have a 15k race this weekend that I am horribly unprepared for, but this race is more about my brother getting a decent time so we aren't in corral Q!

My brother has only made it up to 11 miles at this point so between my knee and his lack of training I think the Galloway run/walk will be in full effect for marathon day. So much for my mental goal time, I definitely got very speed oriented the past few months but now I will go back to my original plan of having a blast!.

Ugh, that stinks. What's your longest run so far? I bet you are better prepared than you think...and what better place to slow down and have a blast than Disney?!

Your brother is further along than my brother...I don't think he's gotten into double digits yet. :eek:

LindsayLoves

GRR...:p

Ugh, that stinks. What's your longest run so far? I bet you are better prepared than you think...and what better place to slow down and have a blast than Disney?!

Your brother is further along than my brother...I don't think he's gotten into double digits yet. :eek:

I have done a 17 mile run over some rolling hills so it was more of a challenge than my 15 mile run which was flat as a pancake. I just have been out of the game for about 3 weeks now and its driving me nuts!

At least your brother has done a full and a half in the past. That 11 mile run my brother did was his longest ever! I am trying to convince him to add some extra miles on after the race on Saturday, at least make it up to 13.

dreamfinder

If anyone was wondering, the waver has the 2014 WDW Marathon advertised as January 9 - 12.

Slightly worried. I know it's not official, but monkeying around with it enough to do a basic submit tells me that they cannot find me. At all. Under any of the events, and I'm registered for all 3. Hope they just took the DB offline as too many people were trying to get em early, or my web hacking skills are rusty since it's been a few years since I've done any heavy web coding.

Mad Stitch

Slightly worried. I know it's not official, but monkeying around with it enough to do a basic submit tells me that they cannot find me. At all. Under any of the events, and I'm registered for all 3. Hope they just took the DB offline as too many people were trying to get em early, or my web hacking skills are rusty since it's been a few years since I've done any heavy web coding.

I'm sure everything is fine. It looks like they have all the pieces in place, but they just haven’t tied them together yet.

lukacseven

Not to worry. Last year I did the half and the relay and it said online they couldn't find me for the relay (the half worked fine). As long as you have the confirmation email from Active.com you shouldn't have any issues. I ended up waiting and printing the relay waiver out at the Expo.

Mad Stitch

I don't get it, why does everyone get excited for the waver? Unless they also post the coral placements there isn't anything really exciting about the waver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom