Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

Some merchandise (Jacket & I did it pins) are shown when you log in at runDisney & go to the pre-order section.

Also works for some of the Princess stuff, but that's just like the medals: not worth posting ;p

lukacseven

I am excited for Christmas, but I also cannot wait for Marathon Weekend with my sister.

No new info yet, huh.
The past few years they haven't posted the official race program until the third week in December. Assuming no course changes from last year. Not sure we'll see changes anytime soon - it will be difficult to incorporate SWGE, TSL, or Pandora into the 2020 course because those areas are open to guests during the race and WDW decided they get too crowded to manage the course going through during regular hours.

surfsupdon

I wasn’t expecting a course change either. Part of the fun of the marathon is running in the parks while they are open. This doesn’t happen for the half distances. The only park open for me is Epcot but it is my favorite part!!! Such a celebration, such encouragement!!

FerretAfros

The Event Guide has been posted:
http://guide.rundisney.events/events/

Seems like the courses are similar to the past, with a couple minor changes:
  • Mile 3-ish of the 5K will be through Future World East, rather than West as in years past (I wouldn't be surprised if they had GOTG characters here)
  • The Half will enter Epcot between The Land and Imagination. It seems like this is a slightly longer route than before, so I'm not sure where distance is being taken away (start/finish location, maybe?) [Edit: Looks like the out-and-back to World Showcase Lagoon is gone, which probably accounts for the change. Too bad, I always enjoyed that part]
  • The Full will go down the main path through Africa in DAK, rather than the side path by the Harambe Marketplace
There's also an emphasis on taking buses to the expo from Disney Springs, which I don't think I've seen before. Parking is still available at WWOS for people driving in.

I'm sure other people will find more things that are new or different this time year!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom