News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Holidays at WDW should be something incredible, with the best light displays, the best trees - the best of everything for the holidays.

Instead, there are now residential houses that have better lighting displays, and malls with better trees.

In its prime, WDW had unforgettable holiday events - specifically Osborne Lights, dream lights, and the proper EPCOT holiday season with Peace on Earth finale, tree lighting etc.

Now it just feels lazy and like they are going through the motions.

JohnD

I think the dream lights have the gone way of Lights of Winter. Never to be seen or heard of again.
It's one of those damned if they do, damned if they don't. "Hey, don't take away our dreamlights!" "How long is that freakin' crane going to stay up. It's ruining the magic!"

DisneyDebRob

It's one of those damned if they do, damned if they don't. "Hey, don't take away our dreamlights!" "How long is that freakin' crane going to stay up. It's ruining the magic!"
Usually said by the people in WDW in august and September. The problem is they can’t shut down the parks for every new project.. new facade.. new store.. update to an attraction etc. I can’t even begin to tell you how many people tell my wife(travel agent) when they get back from a vacation saying there were so many walls up everywhere, it was horrible. Same goes for the crane. People want everything perfect when they go because it may be their only time at WDW. For those of us that go during the holidays it’s amazing. For those who go yearly or a few times a year they don’t mind the walls because on their next visit they may be down and there’s something new to enjoy. I understand both sides but I rather see them doing things with walls and cranes then nothing at all.
The dream lights made Christmas at the kingdom. It is going to look bare without them. I don’t care how many projections or where they project them.. it’s a huge step down from what they can do and should do.

JohnD

Usually said by the people in WDW in august and September. The problem is they can’t shut down the parks for every new project.. new facade.. new store.. update to an attraction etc. I can’t even begin to tell you how many people tell my wife(travel agent) when they get back from a vacation saying there were so many walls up everywhere, it was horrible. Same goes for the crane. People want everything perfect when they go because it may be their only time at WDW. For those of us that go during the holidays it’s amazing. For those who go yearly or a few times a year they don’t mind the walls because on their next visit they may be down and there’s something new to enjoy. I understand both sides but I rather see them doing things with walls and cranes then nothing at all.
The dream lights made Christmas at the kingdom. It is going to look bare without them. I don’t care how many projections or where they project them.. it’s a huge step down from what they can do and should do.
Oh, I agree about the Dreamlights. My only pet peeve about them is Elsa giving the Fairy Godmother the boot, squatting in Cinderella's (I use the apostrophe on purpose) Castle, and lighting the castle for her friends instead of the Fairy Godmother lighting it for Cinderella.

bpiper

Details on the Storytellers at EPCOT -

Storytellers
Throughout the holidays, World Showcase comes alive with the legends and lore of the season.

Las Posadas Celebration – Mexico Pavilion
¡Feliz Navidad! Join the fun and pageantry of Las Posadas with dancers, piñatas and the music of Mariachi Cobre.

Performance Details:
  • Sundays through Thursdays
  • 11:05 AM, 12:05 PM, 1:05 PM, 3:05 PM, 4:10 PM and 5:15 PM
  • 25-minute performances
A Mischievous Magical Barn Santa – Norway Pavilion
Celebrate the season with laughter as a mischievous Barn Santa visits Sigrid, an unsuspecting Christmas storyteller.

Performance Details:
  • Sundays through Saturdays
  • 11:35 AM, 12:35 PM, 1:35 PM, 2:35PM, 4:35PM, 5:35 PM, 6:35 PM and 7:10 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Chinese Lion Dancer – China Pavilion
Catch a glimpse of this colorful performance that brings good fortune and happiness in the Lunar New Year.

Performance Details:
  • Noon, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM
  • 15-minute performances
La Befana – Italy Pavilion
Come hear the tale of La Befana, the kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping young children on the Eve of the Epiphany.

Performance Details:
  • 11:30 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:40 PM, 3:35 PM, 4:20 PM, 5:05 PM and 5:45 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Santa Claus – The Odyssey Pavilion
Get ready for Christmas with Santa Claus now through December 24. Whether you know him as St. Nick, Père Noël or Father Christmas, a visit with jolly Santa Claus brings good cheer to the season.

Performance Details:
  • 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM
  • 60-minute performances
Daruma Storyteller – Japan Pavilion
Hear the fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year!

Performance Details:
  • 11:20 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:40 PM, 3:20 PM, 4:20 PM, 5:05 PM, 5:50 PM and 6:35 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Hanukkah Storyteller – Between Morocco and France Pavilions
Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah along World Showcase promenade, where a storyteller recounts traveling abroad to explore the diverse music and traditions of Hanukkah around the world.

Performance Details:
  • 10:15 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:15 PM, 2:45 PM, 3:45 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Père Noël – France Pavilion
Visit with Père Noël and rediscover the magic of Christmas through the letter of a delightful child.

Performance Details:
  • 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:10 PM, 12:50 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM and 5:15 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Father Christmas – United Kingdom Pavilion
Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer.

Performance Details:
  • 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Canadian Holiday Voyageurs – Canada Pavilion
Explore holiday customs from the various regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North with the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.

Performance Details:
  • 11:45 AM, 12:45 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:25 PM, 4:30 PM and 6:35 PM
  • 20-minute performances

I'm not seeing the Germany performer listed. Are they gone?

Vinnie Mac

Sounds like you guys over in America are getting even less than in Paris! Proper Christmas fireworks show and brand new LED lights all across the castle turrets are coming to Paris this Christmas. Management love the ‘beacons of magic’ because it basically costs nothing. Fireworks on the other hand are expensive, so let’s minimise those as much as possible and hope everybody keeps coming anyway.
Y'all are barely able to even legally fire off any real pyro in DLP, let's settle down.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

I disagree. They only began in 2007 so it's not a long history. The projections started in 2011. The hub expansion was in 2014-2015 so that everyone could crowd in to watch projections but they had to cut down so many trees which made it rather hot from Spring to Fall.

GimpYancIent

Had Harmonious been well received as originally planned I wonder if there would have been a Holiday version. Perhaps the new show will receive a Holiday version.

I mean let’s be honest if they weren’t so dang cheap they could have done a holiday show this year. Heck just reuse WoCs Winter Dreams.
String christmas lights on the barges?

fgmnt

Holidays at WDW should be something incredible, with the best light displays, the best trees - the best of everything for the holidays.

Instead, there are now residential houses that have better lighting displays, and malls with better trees.

In its prime, WDW had unforgettable holiday events - specifically Osborne Lights, dream lights, and the proper EPCOT holiday season with Peace on Earth finale, tree lighting etc.

I feel immensely privileged to have seen the Osborne Lights on a borderline picturesque evening right before it closed; I remember having to wear a sweater!

For the complainers about Dreamlights during the day, the park would be without sunlight during half of its operating days when open until midnight in December. I have never been a rope-dropper pretty much anywhere at any time in my life either. Whenever we went to MK during the holidays as a family, we never went in the daytime anyway. It was nice to have and will miss them.

Animaniac93-98

They know they don't need to incentivize people to come during the holidays. It's always busy.

They put up what they have because it's already made and in storage. Easier to repair than replace too (if they decide to fix it at all).

DisneyDreamerxyz

Well I am happy to tell you that Let There Be Peace on Earth is returning this year. :)

JoeCamel

I feel immensely privileged to have seen the Osborne Lights on a borderline picturesque evening right before it closed; I remember having to wear a sweater!

For the complainers about Dreamlights during the day, the park would be without sunlight during half of its operating days when open until midnight in December. I have never been a rope-dropper pretty much anywhere at any time in my life either. Whenever we went to MK during the holidays as a family, we never went in the daytime anyway. It was nice to have and will miss them.
Well I remember viewing the Osborne in the snow so.....

JeffH

The Dreamlights are another entertainment offering that will surprise me if they ever return. Disney seems to be content with using projections.
I prefer the projections because they provide multiple festive backdrops for all of your holiday pictures. If you've ever been there it is quite exciting in front of the castle as everyone gets their pictures, while others line up for their photopasses for each of the amazing backdrops. I only wish that they'd simply add a projection of the Dreamlights to the rotation along with the other projections

TTA94

I wish they would have brought back, or enhanced rather, the WS Mickey and Friends Holiday “Covid” cavalcade which used the music of Mickeys Happy Holidays. Yes I know this runs at DCA, but it obviously didn’t during Covid which is why WDW got away with using the music lol. It was cool to hear that music at WDW. I personally find it very catchy.

Btw anyone by chance seen that music floating around somewhere? ;)

DisneyDebRob

I wish they would have brought back, or enhanced rather, the WS Mickey and Friends Holiday “Covid” cavalcade which used the music of Mickeys Happy Holidays. Yes I know this runs at DCA, but it obviously didn’t during Covid which is why WDW got away with using the music lol. It was cool to hear that music at WDW. I personally find it very catchy.

Btw anyone by chance seen that music floating around somewhere? ;)
Tons of it on YouTube.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom