News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Makes you think that "Paycheck Chapek" really wants to decorate with aluminum trees and a color wheel?
stealing how the grinch stole christmas GIF

GimpYancIent

I guess Peace on Earth tag is forever retired? :(

Also- I can’t believe how good they’re doing at making their parks worse. Remove the Christmas lights from the castle? Seriously? Insane
Yes, hard wiring and lights is now looked down upon with light projections viewed as the more efficient, less expensive and less time-consuming option to achieve the appropriate visual effect.

Thumper 32

Details on the Storytellers at EPCOT -

Storytellers
Throughout the holidays, World Showcase comes alive with the legends and lore of the season.

Las Posadas Celebration – Mexico Pavilion
¡Feliz Navidad! Join the fun and pageantry of Las Posadas with dancers, piñatas and the music of Mariachi Cobre.

Performance Details:
  • Sundays through Thursdays
  • 11:05 AM, 12:05 PM, 1:05 PM, 3:05 PM, 4:10 PM and 5:15 PM
  • 25-minute performances
A Mischievous Magical Barn Santa – Norway Pavilion
Celebrate the season with laughter as a mischievous Barn Santa visits Sigrid, an unsuspecting Christmas storyteller.

Performance Details:
  • Sundays through Saturdays
  • 11:35 AM, 12:35 PM, 1:35 PM, 2:35PM, 4:35PM, 5:35 PM, 6:35 PM and 7:10 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Chinese Lion Dancer – China Pavilion
Catch a glimpse of this colorful performance that brings good fortune and happiness in the Lunar New Year.

Performance Details:
  • Noon, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM
  • 15-minute performances
La Befana – Italy Pavilion
Come hear the tale of La Befana, the kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping young children on the Eve of the Epiphany.

Performance Details:
  • 11:30 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:40 PM, 3:35 PM, 4:20 PM, 5:05 PM and 5:45 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Santa Claus – The Odyssey Pavilion
Get ready for Christmas with Santa Claus now through December 24. Whether you know him as St. Nick, Père Noël or Father Christmas, a visit with jolly Santa Claus brings good cheer to the season.

Performance Details:
  • 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM
  • 60-minute performances
Daruma Storyteller – Japan Pavilion
Hear the fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year!

Performance Details:
  • 11:20 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:40 PM, 3:20 PM, 4:20 PM, 5:05 PM, 5:50 PM and 6:35 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Hanukkah Storyteller – Between Morocco and France Pavilions
Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah along World Showcase promenade, where a storyteller recounts traveling abroad to explore the diverse music and traditions of Hanukkah around the world.

Performance Details:
  • 10:15 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:15 PM, 2:45 PM, 3:45 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Père Noël – France Pavilion
Visit with Père Noël and rediscover the magic of Christmas through the letter of a delightful child.

Performance Details:
  • 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:10 PM, 12:50 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM and 5:15 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Father Christmas – United Kingdom Pavilion
Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer.

Performance Details:
  • 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:40 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM
  • 15-minute performances
Canadian Holiday Voyageurs – Canada Pavilion
Explore holiday customs from the various regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North with the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.

Performance Details:
  • 11:45 AM, 12:45 PM, 1:45 PM, 3:25 PM, 4:30 PM and 6:35 PM
  • 20-minute performances

It’s absolutely amazing how lazy and/clueless the marketing interns can be. They literally couldn’t even re-order the list and left Santa in the spot as if he was still in AA instead of moved to Odyssey this year.

And speaking of lazy and clueless, yet another year where Germany and Morocco get left out of celebrating the holidays. Remember when each country used to be included in the holiday offerings? I guess that inclusion key doesn’t mean a whole lot.

DisneyfanMA

Does anyone know when they start on the decorating for Christmas (my assumption is Nov 1)? And about how long until all the Chirstmas decorations are up?

ZachPL

Does anyone know when they start on the decorating for Christmas (my assumption is Nov 1)? And about how long until all the Chirstmas decorations are up?
All are up by the first day of christmas after hours in magic kingdom nov 8th this year, and most other parks will have a good amount up probably epcot being the fewest that early because festival of the holidays doesnt start till the 25th

DisneyfanMA

All are up by the first day of christmas after hours in magic kingdom nov 8th this year, and most other parks will have a good amount up probably epcot being the fewest that early because festival of the holidays doesnt start till the 25th
Sweet. Thanls. We go to MK on the 9th (no after hours that night) but it sounds like it will be decorated. We go to Epcot the 12th to close out the trip. Not too worried either way just curious what to expect.

TransportationGuy

Yes, hard wiring and lights is now looked down upon with light projections viewed as the more efficient, less expensive and less time-consuming option to achieve the appropriate visual effect.
As much as I absolutely love them, I’ll be shocked if they return. Even the last time they were put up, the word on the street was that they all needed to be replaced anyways. The current administration will never approve the time and money required for custom making Christmas lights.

ToTBellHop

Because projections can duplicate having LED lights on the castle. 🤦‍♂️ But... projections!!!
Why not both? Lights with projections at the same time to really accentuate that icy appearance could look fantastic.

Honestly, what I miss most is how the lights integrated into the finale of Wishes. It really looked spectacular with the lights and final bursts of fireworks. That was one of those “Disney magic” moments for me.

jrhwdw

The 50th decorations are still on the castle. Next year will be the true fate for Dreamlights.
Correct!! Why is everyone surprised the 50th Decor is still up and the Parks still have Beacons of Magic????? I don't get it..........

The real travesty is no POE Tag!!!!!!!!!!! Just because we went from ROE to EF and Harm, the Epcot Tag Team shouldn't be reduced!!!!!

Would have been if DHS added F! to the Holiday List.....Yes, I know, no Date yet.....................

Disstevefan1

The 50th decorations are still on the castle. Next year will be the true fate for Dreamlights.
I think WDW exploited the pandemic in order to delete Dreamlights forever.
If they could replicate the Dreamlights using projection mapping that would be better than nothing.

mattpeto

I think WDW exploited the pandemic in order to delete Dreamlights forever.
If they could replicate the Dreamlights using projection mapping that would be better than nothing.
Maybe, but I also heard many grumbles here that daytime parades and fireworks weren’t ever coming back either.

We really just have to wait for the anniversary decorations to come down to be sure.

ToTBellHop

Maybe, but I also heard many grumbles here that daytime parades and fireworks weren’t ever coming back either.

We really just have to wait for the anniversary decorations to come down to be sure.
It would cost a lot to have the Dreamlights return due to the amount that would need replacement, but it isn’t unheard of. Perhaps next year will be one of the years with a big holiday season budget. It’s been known to happen. A lot will come down to “do we need something to market next November?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom