News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

jrhwdw

I hope they get funding for a new parade, lord! The Christmas parade is on life support and it's previous version ( Very Merry) was light years better than MOUACT.
IDK, ACF has been at DL since 1995..........

Still love MOUACT'S soundtrack, Sorry! LOL!!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I guess Peace on Earth tag is forever retired? :(
Probably because the joyful optimistic nature of "Let there be Peace on Earth" clashes with the melancholy "woe is me, the world sucks, someday things will be good" mood of Harmonious' finale.

aladdin2007

It looks like holiday decor is slated to return to Toy Story Land this year. I hope this means that restaurants will also get their decor packages back again this year.
I hope so too, I dont know if what any has been announced makes that sound too promising though, will see. Wilderness lodge was barren last year compared to usual, or whispering canyon I mean among other park and resort dining locations. The brown derby use to be stunning at christmas, they haven't done that in several years. and the list goes on. Epcot especially keeps getting less and less decor every year.

castlecake2.0

I hope so too, I dont know if what any has been announced makes that sound too promising though, will see. Wilderness lodge was barren last year compared to usual, or whispering canyon I mean among other park and resort dining locations. The brown derby use to be stunning at christmas, they haven't done that in several years. and the list goes on. Epcot especially keeps getting less and less decor every year.
They announced toy story, which hasn’t gotten decorations since 2019, so that’s a start. This year also marked the first time MK had its full Halloween package including decor in liberty square and Frontierland, so I’m hoping that means they’re back to normal with decorating the restaurants again this year across property.

TTA94

I guess Peace on Earth tag is forever retired? :(

Also- I can’t believe how good they’re doing at making their parks worse. Remove the Christmas lights from the castle? Seriously? Insane

Had Harmonious been well received as originally planned I wonder if there would have been a Holiday version. Perhaps the new show will receive a Holiday version.

I mean let’s be honest if they weren’t so dang cheap they could have done a holiday show this year. Heck just reuse WoCs Winter Dreams.

gerarar

Premium Member
The way the Dreamlights were used in the finale of MWCTF 2019 season was pretty good. Hope it returns one day...along with all the cut pyro..

Last edited:

dc4

Sounds like you guys over in America are getting even less than in Paris! Proper Christmas fireworks show and brand new LED lights all across the castle turrets are coming to Paris this Christmas. Management love the ‘beacons of magic’ because it basically costs nothing. Fireworks on the other hand are expensive, so let’s minimise those as much as possible and hope everybody keeps coming anyway.

ToTBellHop

Sounds like you guys over in America are getting even less than in Paris! Proper Christmas fireworks show and brand new LED lights all across the castle turrets are coming to Paris this Christmas. Management love the ‘beacons of magic’ because it basically costs nothing. Fireworks on the other hand are expensive, so let’s minimise those as much as possible and hope everybody keeps coming anyway.
You folks in France are on rather shaky ground claiming that our fireworks are minimized. Local Bastille Day celebrations have more impressive pyrotechnics than anything at DLP.

dc4

You folks in France are on rather shaky ground claiming that our fireworks are minimized. Local Bastille Day celebrations have more impressive pyrotechnics than anything at DLP.
I was really just saying that in Paris this Christmas they seem to be putting more effort in than seems to be happening in Orlando. I suspect that is because more effort is needed to get people to go to Disneyland Paris, whereas they’re finding people will come to Orlando whether or not ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam’ is happening, for example.

ToTBellHop

I was really just saying that in Paris this Christmas they seem to be putting more effort in than seems to be happening in Orlando. I suspect that is because more effort is needed to get people to go to Disneyland Paris, whereas they’re finding people will come to Orlando whether or not ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam’ is happening, for example.
Honestly, they are just trying to get Fantasmic! back at DHS. I doubt they built a new fireworks launch site for DHS only to abandon it forever.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Honestly, they are just trying to get Fantasmic! back at DHS. I doubt they built a new fireworks launch site for DHS only to abandon it forever.
Seems Jingle would have been a good way to spread the crowds a little. Fant running in its own is going to be a zoo, and factor in Sunset Seasons Greetings as the main holiday offering. Yikes

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Seems Jingle would have been a good way to spread the crowds a little. Fant running in its own is going to be a zoo, and factor in Sunset Seasons Greetings as the main holiday offering. Yikes
I didn’t even think about that. You’re right. That side of the park is going to be a bottleneck with people lining up for Fantasmic, people watching Sunset Seasons, plus two popular rides at the end of the street. Yikes indeed.

Dan Deesnee

The castle lights simply CAN'T be put up until the 50th decorations are removed. Each section of lights is specifically designed to fit the shape of the castle. With all the 50th stuff, the lights can't be put up. Very simple.

They'll be back next year. Why? Because marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom