News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price increases October 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It will come back… They’ll crawl and grovel and beg the APs for money at the next economic downturn.

DVCs can suck it though… they already got your money tied up in a contract.
Again…just a hunch…this is the worst booking period they’ve had in 20 years

And they never have had it be this “soft” on advanced bookings in a non recession…

If not now…when?

The Simple answer is the stock/money problems and Iger trying not to be fired in disgrace.
They’re just gonna demand money and assume all of us will do it.

Drdcm

And they never have had it be this “soft” on advanced bookings in a non recession…

If not now…when?

The Simple answer is the stock/money problems and Iger trying not to be fired in disgrace.
That’s a good point. I’m just not convinced this is their rock bottom. When ppl don’t have ANY disposable income… like next month after student loan payments start up, I think they will hurt even more.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
So the second Price Increase in less than a year.

12/2022 and 10/2023 Cumulative Price Increase

• Incredi-Pass: going from $1,299 to $1,449($150 TOTAL increase)
  • Sorcerer Pass: going from $899 to $999($100 TOTAL increase)
  • Pirate Pass: going from $699 to $799 ($100 TOTAL increase)
  • Pixie Dust Pass: going from $399 to $439($40 TOTAL increase)

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Oh the horror

1697031736705.png

Such a nothing burger with the inflation over the past year. 8.6% from the last increase, 11.4% from last December.

hopemax

I saw DLR’s new prices first, so WDW’s actually look more like an inflation adjustment. As opposed to DLR which seems like a “we still have too many people buying this pass,” price hike.

Given where it looks like we’re heading (geopolitical) and the effects that will have on inflation, I suspect businesses are loathe to stop their adjustments and want to protect their margins as long as possible.

StantonZ

Not so sure -- the decor changes in the hotels leads many to believe they're positioning to sell off the Parks and Resorts in FL and reap the easy licensing dollars while cutting a huge amount of headcount.
I don't follow that logic. Whether or not they ever "part out" the company, updating the "product" (whether that's new rides or new decor) has to happen. Personally, I think the 1980's (read Storming the Magic Kingdom) will be the closest the company ever comes to a wholesale "breakup"...and I don't consider something like selling ABC/ESPN/etc. to be a "breakup".

zombiebbq

Raising the price of parking and water parks as well it looks like. Wow they have seriously lost their minds if they think this is going to help them
To me it speaks to the grand canyon sized gulf between the teams who worry about revenue vs. the teams worried about customer experience. It's as if the two groups never come together and even discuss whether these bean counting moves are going to help or hurt from a customer engagement perspective. They gotta get people in the park before they worry about how those people are going to spend, yet Disney seems bound and determined to stop them before they even buy a ticket lol it's truly strange.

bmr1591

They’re not giving away genie…you’re not getting your fastpass+ (where you book from your toilet) back…

This is like waiting for tickets for an Elvis concert

I think if they do want to do something with Genie+ for APs, it’ll come when they announce specifics on the changes to Genie+ they said would come early next year.

Tha Realest

If not now…when?

It all does smack of, “our efforts to bring in new guests have failed, so now we’re just going to milk dry the suckers that can’t say no.”

Tha Realest

I don't follow that logic. Whether or not they ever "part out" the company, updating the "product" (whether that's new rides or new decor) has to happen. Personally, I think the 1980's (read Storming the Magic Kingdom) will be the closest the company ever comes to a wholesale "breakup"...and I don't consider something like selling ABC/ESPN/etc. to be a "breakup".
If that happened you could take your “One Day at Disney” book and rip out 1/4 of the pages.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Think strategically and look at their corporate vision statement: "“to be one of the world’s leading producers and providers of entertainment and information.

Are resorts, hotels and busses in the core competency of an "Entertainment and Information" company"?

And don't ABC and ESPN directly contribute to that vision statement?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw DLR’s new prices first, so WDW’s actually look more like an inflation adjustment. As opposed to DLR which seems like a “we still have too many people buying this pass,” price hike.

Given where it looks like we’re heading (geopolitical) and the effects that will have on inflation, I suspect businesses are loathe to stop their adjustments and want to protect their margins as long as possible.
So increase before recession?…gee, they won’t figure that out!

What it will do is the opposite: they’ll suffer more loss when it comes.

But If you’re in your endgame and don’t care - as Bob Iger is - you don’t care.
More proof

StantonZ

Think strategically and look at their corporate vision statement: "“to be one of the world’s leading producers and providers of entertainment and information.

Are resorts, hotels and busses in the core competency of an "Entertainment and Information" company"?

And don't ABC and ESPN directly contribute to that vision statement?
That statement is so broad ("Information" is the worst marketing term) that you could argue it includes everything/anything. Go back to the original justification for the Florida Project, and you'll see that the company recognized that hotels/transportation (within the resort)/etc. were all part of the "vacation destination" plan. As for ABC/ESPN, they don't leverage IP like Disney+ does. I'm not saying I like the "all IP all the time" strategy, but at least it fits into their entertainment umbrella.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s ridiculous. DVC and AP holders should be treated much better but they don’t care about their most loyal guests
No, no. Those are the worst guests. Haven't you heard? APs bring food into the parks and have picnics and take up space that the poor paying guests then cannot use. And DVC people... Oh boy. They have the gall to buy their own food, make it in their rooms, and then flood the parks! And neither group spends anything once in the parks. I think one or two experts around here have all the AP/DVC sins documented somewhere...

CJR

I don’t know why so many are upset over Disney price hikes

Who wouldn’t want to pay more for their pizzafari pizza

Who wouldn’t want to pay more for park admission to see Moana water fountains with no new attractions being built or opening for years

Who wouldn’t want to experience the thrill of G+ and it’s pricing with increase ride downtime each day

…just remember, you are the magic…and everything feels right

All in record breaking heat too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom