News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price increases October 2023

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I don’t know why so many are upset over Disney price hikes

Who wouldn’t want to pay more for their pizzafari pizza

Who wouldn’t want to pay more for park admission to see Moana water fountains with no new attractions being built or opening for years

Who wouldn’t want to experience the thrill of G+ and it’s pricing with increase ride downtime each day

…just remember, you are the magic…and everything feels right

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Horizonsfan

If they had announced Genie+ with your AP (at least with the highest tiers), this wouldn’t feel bad, but ugh…

Offering x number of days of free genie+, with the amount of days dependent on AP tier, seems like an easy way to earn goodwill without sabotaging the system.

Something like:
Incredi - 25 days per year
Sorcerer - 20 days per year
Pirate - 15 days per year
Pixie - 10 days per year

That said, we all know they’re ambivalent (at best) about APers, even the higher tiered ones. It’ll never happen. 🙃

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
This is where we need an “insider”…

Are they actually selling these passes??

My impression was “No”

They heard crickets after 24 hours of sale in April
So many people gave up AP's during the suspension of new sales and when they added the restrictions. While I believe the whole April thing was hype to push FOMO, I can't help but wonder if this is what they really want. Nothing helps to more organically purge AP low profit local AP holders aka the non-favorable mix, than price increases. The favorable mix (DVC and out of State)AP holders they figure will stick with the sinking ship until the very end.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I posted this in another thread but feel it bears repeating here due to the AP price hike.

My pet peeve is having to make a park reservation at all as an AP Resort Guest. Not only am I paying for the most expensive AP and shelling out hundreds of dollars per night for a Disney resort room, I have to take an additional step of making a park reservation when my traveling party with date-based tickets can go anywhere they please.

When FP+ was around, AP Resort Guests had the ability to book FPs for their length of stay (up to 10 days) and weren’t restricted to “rolling booking” like non-resort APs. Seems to me it would be easy (not to mention an extreme example of goodwill) to eliminate the park pass restriction for AP guests in this situation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who’s waiting for anything? Everybody seems pretty clear eyed here.
People have cried for their 3 pre books for years now. But that didn’t work and it isn’t going back.

And once you pay for something…you will always pay more.

Paid fastpass needed to be avoided years ago by not buying lesser quality parks/timeshare blocks at higher prices…
But you know…”magical experiences” and all that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I posted this in another thread but feel it bears repeating here due to the AP price hike.

My pet peeve is having to make a park reservation at all as an AP Resort Guest. Not only am I paying for the most expensive AP and shelling out hundreds of dollars per night for a Disney resort room, I have to take an additional step of making a park reservation when my traveling party with date-based tickets can go anywhere they please.

When FP+ was around, AP Resort Guests had the ability to book FPs for their length of stay (up to 10 days) and weren’t restricted to “rolling booking” like non-resort APs. Seems to me it would be easy (not to mention an extreme example of goodwill) to eliminate the park pass restriction for AP guests in this situation.
What gave you the impression they care what you want?

The “classic days” of DVC/AP butt kissing are over

But you will get your wish and reservations are gone. Attendance is gonna fall and they’ll drop them and act like they’re doing us a favor

Drdcm

What gave you the impression they care what you want?

The “classic days” of DVC/AP butt kissing are over

But you will get your wish and reservations are gone. Attendance is gonna fall and they’ll drop them and act like they’re doing us a favor
It will come back… They’ll crawl and grovel and beg the APs for money at the next economic downturn.

DVCs can suck it though… they already got your money tied up in a contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom