Walt Disney Imagineering make significant appointment for upcoming Walt Disney World projects

Beholder

7DMC, regardless of it's "thrill" level, should add an interesting element to Fantasyland. It's different, both in design and execution. I'm looking forward to this dark ride/coaster hybrid. I also believe the target demographic of "all ages, for the entire family" will be spot on. To me, that's entirely appropriate for this area of the park.

As for the length of construction, that's a little tough to swallow. At least it doesn't leave much room for not getting it right.

Overall, I can't wait to see this in person. I've avoided aerial photos, construction photos and any partial completion photos. I want to see it without any preconceived ideas. I'm very excited!

MKCP 1985

Yes i am. A fantasyland coaster shouldnt be fast. Thhe 7DMT is a slow paces indoor and medium paced outside that rocks to make you feel like you are in a mine cart. It travels through the hills and the mines that the 7 dwarfs worked in each day and has scenes with animatronics. Its like a new way or having a dark ride except it goes outside and still allows for the same kinds of scenes with the pooertunity to sometimes go a little faster and see rocks/trees/water withought being stuck inside a lowly lighted building. I dont think its a kiddie coaster at all I think it is ride with a wide variety of a lot of the disney rides put together that everyone can enjoy.

Agree with this. Coaster die hards may view this ride with skepticism and derision, but it sounds like a "family ride" with coaster characteristics. Family coaster sounds like a good description.

And did you say this allows for a "p00pertunity?" ha ha ha I hope that doesn't happen too often!

ImagineerDude

Yes i am. A fantasyland coaster shouldnt be fast. Thhe 7DMT is a slow paces indoor and medium paced outside that rocks to make you feel like you are in a mine cart. It travels through the hills and the mines that the 7 dwarfs worked in each day and has scenes with animatronics. Its like a new way or having a dark ride except it goes outside and still allows for the same kinds of scenes with the pooertunity to sometimes go a little faster and see rocks/trees/water withought being stuck inside a lowly lighted building. I dont think its a kiddie coaster at all I think it is ride with a wide variety of a lot of the disney rides put together that everyone can enjoy.
I totally agree! But, Fantasyland could get a fast coaster, IMO. I am not a coaster fan, but an Everest type villain coaster (Complete with WORKING animatronics) in place of the speedway would be fun. However, it shouldn't be the focal point (behind the Castle) of Fantasyland like 7DMT will be in New Fantasyland :)

Disneyhead'71

I wasn't trying to insult the 7DMT when I called it a kiddie coaster. I was commenting on the time it is taking to build it and the scope of the project. It will certainly fall between BTMRR and Barnstormer in appeal. But this is NO WHERE NEAR the scope of a family coaster like BTMRR and from a thrill perspective be much closer to Barnstormer. So if scope and thrill are far less than BTMRR (Family Coaster) and closer to Barnstormer (Kiddie Coaster), I think it is fair to call it a kiddie coaster. But I do think it will be MUCH better themed and an overall better attraction than Barnstormer. Then again I think Barnstormer is a pretty lame Disney Attraction.

Beholder

I guess some of the motivating factors for implementing the 7DMT is crowd/people eating. Maybe on that front it'll succeed. Fast loading times is a good thing in TDO's eyes. I'd like a bigger experience, but I bet it'll still be s fun attraction.

Adam5897

I totally agree! But, Fantasyland could get a fast coaster, IMO. I am not a coaster fan, but an Everest type villain coaster (Complete with WORKING animatronics) in place of the speedway would be fun. However, it shouldn't be the focal point (behind the Castle) of Fantasyland like 7DMT will be in New Fantasyland :)

I don't think that you would be able to see/ enjoy the animatronics on a fast rollercoaster

Magenta Panther

The only true scream machines at WDW are Everest and RnRC. Everything else, even thunder mountain and space mountain are family rides. They don't even break 40mph.

Goofy is a kiddie ride. Is it even big enough for two adults to sit in one car?

Hey, don't forget the Tower of Terror. That's the King of All Scream Machines in my opinion.

whylightbulb

Kathy was the big VP in charge of Cars Land. She showed up in nearly every promotional video and PR piece they released about Cars Land in the last three years.

My sense, and from what Kathy has said about her own role in all that PR released on Cars Land, is that Kathy is like a top dog project manager role. In WDI show biz language they call that an "Executive Producer", but in the real world of major construction projects she's like an executive project manager, or program manager.

Assuming she takes on the same role she had with Cars Land, Kathy Mangum seems to have been moved out to WDW to be the head "producer" and manager of some major expansion/construction project WDI is doing for a theme park in WDW. The only thing Disney has announced on this scale is Avatarland, but there might be something else up their sleeve too! :D
Yes exactly. I wouldn't get too excited about this. She is a show producer and basically all they do is arm wave and throw tasks on other people. Some are better than others and let's not forget that Kathy was the show producer on the Journey Into Imagination redo:eek:

aladdin2007

Yes exactly. I wouldn't get too excited about this. She is a show producer and basically all they do is arm wave and throw tasks on other people. Some are better than others and let's not forget that Kathy was the show producer on the Journey Into Imagination redo:eek:

But as already stated in this thread, she was given a very meager budget to do that redo, so she did the best she could under the circumstances and had very little money/time to work with. Also as a fun fact, she was also the show producer for Typhoon Lagoon.

NoChesterHester

Sure but WDW needs a capable exec designer to fight for what is right at the budget table. She may not be the design savior, but could be an important advocate of what is to come.

whylightbulb

But as already stated in this thread, she was given a very meager budget to do that redo, so she did the best she could under the circumstances and had very little money/time to work with. Also as a fun fact, she was also the show producer for Typhoon Lagoon.
What you call a "meager" budget would be a substantial one in the real world (the average smaller company that can put together a good quality ride for ten percent of the average Disney budget) of theme park development. The fact is that both the Imagination project and the Nemo Seas project were very poorly executed. I'm not only blaming her but my point is that so many are getting excited when the record shows that she has very little to do with whether the final product turns out bad or good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom