Walt Disney Imagineering make significant appointment for upcoming Walt Disney World projects

Beholder

People at that level aren't really the designers, they are managers.

On your other point, there is only one reason to spread out construction as long as Disney has in the past. Corporate accounting. Dragging out
construction costs, but hits corporate budgets at
a slower rate.

I'll defer to your knowledge of how the corporate business side of all this works. I really have no idea. It makes sense, but looking at it from a total fan perspective, it'd be nice to see things speed up a bit.

NoChesterHester

I'll defer to your knowledge of how the corporate business side of all this works. I really have no idea. It makes sense, but looking at it from a total fan perspective, it'd be nice to see things speed up a bit.

Oh I couldn't agree more. I think it is ridiculous how much they drag these things out.

Luigi

I believe this is an important step to a load of new projects coming to WDW, including Cars Land. I think that land is inevitable.

NoChesterHester

Quality takes time. Look at how long DCA 2.0 took and there is still likely more to come. WDW's future is more daunting but also holds more promise.

DCA was a massive undertaking, but opened attractions pretty consistently over the four year period.

JT, you have seen the preview videos. If they would have put the gas on they could have had this while thing open by now. It is done and sitting vacant. The ride is OPERATING.

It wasn't drug out because "quality takes time" but rather so the bills come in at a slower rate.

WWoHP took 24 months. FLE took 3-1/2 to 4 years.

GLaDOS

It wasn't drug out because "quality takes time" but rather so the bills come in at a slower rate.

WWoHP took 24 months. FLE took 3-1/2 to 4 years.

Yup. It's done to spread out expenditures.

Transformers will be done less than a year from now. Potter will be finishing up in about 2 and 1/2. Not to mention an IoA attraction should be opening sometime in 2014 as well.

Disney has the ability to get things done quicker. They just don't.

Brian Noble

WWoHP took 24 months.

Universal claims four years. (That's not to say Transformers won't be fast, nor the new addition, but...) From an LA Times article on West Coast Potter:

Universal Parks & Resorts Chairman Tom Williams said in an interview that the 20-acre Wizarding World in Florida took more than four years to build. The Universal Studios Hollywood attraction would likely take at least that long, putting the premiere in 2016 at the earliest.

That could include front-end/development before earth was turned.

Adam5897

Are you speaking of SDMT? Because if so...it is.

Yes i am. A fantasyland coaster shouldnt be fast. Thhe 7DMT is a slow paces indoor and medium paced outside that rocks to make you feel like you are in a mine cart. It travels through the hills and the mines that the 7 dwarfs worked in each day and has scenes with animatronics. Its like a new way or having a dark ride except it goes outside and still allows for the same kinds of scenes with the pooertunity to sometimes go a little faster and see rocks/trees/water withought being stuck inside a lowly lighted building. I dont think its a kiddie coaster at all I think it is ride with a wide variety of a lot of the disney rides put together that everyone can enjoy.

Adam5897

Goofy's Barnstormer is a standard issue Vekoma kids coaster found at hundreds of other theme parks.

SDMT looks to be a one of a kind experience for the whole family to enjoy with a few thrills mixed in and a custom layout.

"Kiddie" coaster is way too deragatory.

I completely agree. People assume that if something isn't a thrill ride and its a rollercoaster that it is just meant for children. I dont think that BTM is that fast but it dosent make it a kiddie coaster.

jt04

Maybe the Mine Train is taking longer because they're planning to put a lot more into it than we've been told. Not that what IS going in there isn't enough for me. The concept art looks awesome.

I agree but I also think the outdoor theming will also be incredible. They are going to too much trouble on the FLE to then have the core of the expansion screw up the visuals. I expect something great that will be worth the wait.

DCLcruiser

The only true scream machines at WDW are Everest and RnRC. Everything else, even thunder mountain and space mountain are family rides. They don't even break 40mph.

Goofy is a kiddie ride. Is it even big enough for two adults to sit in one car?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom