News Walt Disney Company plans to spend $17 billion at Walt Disney World over the next ten years

celluloid

I can't blame them. They get excited about advanced booking of Genie+ coming and the dining plan returning.

Sad that is what the big 2024 news is for the four theme parks and over 40 square mile resort.

The same people who loved bragging and quoting the quotes of company leadership saying park reservations are here to stay...
And now they are going bye bye.

Truthhertz

I personally believe Walt would freak out if he saw what a public company did with his product. Those parks were supposed to be and affordable to all families. Should not have to be a place where families have to plan and save for for years "if" they can go. The price of food and merch is disgusting!!!! Chairman should shut his mouse hole and cut costs minimally by 50%.

MagicHappens1971

I personally believe Walt would freak out if he saw what a public company did with his product. Those parks were supposed to be and affordable to all families. Should not have to be a place where families have to plan and save for for years "if" they can go. The price of food and merch is disgusting!!!! Chairman should shut his mouse hole and cut costs minimally by 50%.
I personally believe the opposite. Disney was always a corporation. I don’t believe by any means that the parks were supposed to be “affordable for all families”. So a family living below the poverty line ($20k annual salary) should be able to come to WDW?

I will agree costs have skyrocketed in the past few years, but everything has. Iger has publicly said they regret the extreme cost rises in the parks, and we haven’t seen any major increases since.

The parks are a premium product, in my opinion, they always were. If you can’t afford it, go to your local amusement park or state fair.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I personally believe the opposite. Disney was always a corporation. I don’t believe by any means that the parks were supposed to be “affordable for all families”. So a family living below the poverty line ($20k annual salary) should be able to come to WDW?

I will agree costs have skyrocketed in the past few years, but everything has. Iger has publicly said they regret the extreme cost rises in the parks, and we haven’t seen any major increases since.

The parks are a premium product, in my opinion, they always were. If you can’t afford it, go to your local amusement park or state fair.
Its now $35K to further your point, some would argue that number be even higher in these inflationary times.

LSLS

Wasn't Genie hitting record prices after he said that?

JoeCamel

I'll let you be the one to tell cast their wages are being cut 50% because you think they should cut costs......

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Explain how voting is made more difficult
Off the top of my head, among other things no more lifetime vote by mail, now you have to request it every election cycle. On top of which your signature needs to match your driver's license perfectly - which isn't exactly easy given that you're talking about a digital capture on potentially old hardware on your license vs signed on paper. This isn't major, but it's annoying

Additionally, ballot drop box locations have now been limited and restricted, and requires them to be staffed by a county employee - making them more expensive for the counties to operate.

Furthermore, new voters have to vote in person for the first time, making voting harder for younger voters who may not have a car.

On top of which it is now illegal in Florida for someone to possess more than two ballots to be placed into a drop box or mailbox. For example, if I had a roommate, I couldn't drop their ballot off that they filled out and signed.

And finally, Florida lacks a central database to know which convicted felons are eligible to vote once more and who aren't. When combined with the new election police, this causes confusion and disincentivized ex-felons from voting.

None of these things would be bad, if it weren't that these measures, whether accidentally or by design, affect groups of people that are more likely to vote for Democrat candidates.

Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
I live in FL. It's much easier now.
I'll cede to you, since you've been in Florida for a few weeks more than I have. But I recall when vote by mail was a lifetime thing, not an every 2-4 year thing.

On top of the other restrictions which I stated in my reply.

Trauma

A $17b investment from Disney would turn into revenue for Disney no matter where it's invested. But investing it elsewhere denies Florida those jobs and tax revenue.
So what are you suggesting?

They are going to build parks in another state?

mkt

Premium Member
So what are you suggesting?

They are going to build parks in another state?
Or another country for all that matters.

Or a shared professional services complex comprised of a lot of back office roles.

Or several smaller Aulani style resorts in other destinations.

Don’t think so small and repetitive.

Trauma

Or another country for all that matters.

Or a shared professional services complex comprised of a lot of back office roles.

Or several smaller Aulani style resorts in other destinations.

Don’t think so small and repetitive.
Ok so check this out though.

When someone says “I’m going to Disney World” do they mean several smaller style Aulani type things ?

mkt

Premium Member
Ok so check this out though.

When someone says “I’m going to Disney World” do they mean several smaller style Aulani type things ?
That’s irrelevant. The point is where it could be invested other than Florida.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom