Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

TP2000

Cabochon Weekend Trip Report:

As I mentioned, I went to two different sociables this weekend. I used "cabochon" in a sentence at both of them. No one knew what the hell I was talking about.

The first time I used it was the early cocktail portion of a dinner party on Saturday evening. I was chatting out on the patio with 3 other people and dropped cabochon into a statement about large landscape rocks. The lady next to me said "Cabazon? They've got a landscape store at Cabazon Outlets now?!?"

The second time I used it was today at a brunch thing, when someone asked how my move planning was going regarding storage and Bekins. I said that I was getting a few things, including my cabochons, out of storage early so that I would have them for the holidays. And there was... dead silence. :cool:

I would love to know who in TDA knew it was an actual word in the first place, wouldn't you? 🤣

SuddenStorm

do the people that write these articles know that we take ONE WORD from these things and continue to make fun of it for weeks (and months, and sometimes years) afterward?

hot dog days is still fresh in my mind

I doubt there's more than a couple people in TDA that know this board exists.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Cabochon Weekend Trip Report:

As I mentioned, I went to two different sociables this weekend. I used "cabochon" in a sentence at both of them. No one knew what the hell I was talking about.

The first time I used it was the early cocktail portion of a dinner party on Saturday evening. I was chatting out on the patio with 3 other people and dropped cabochon into a statement about large landscape rocks. The lady next to me said "Cabazon? They've got a landscape store at Cabazon Outlets now?!?"

The second time I used it was today at a brunch thing, when someone asked how my move planning was going regarding storage and Bekins. I said that I was getting a few things, including my cabochons, out of storage early so that I would have them for the holidays. And there was... dead silence. :cool:

I would love to know who in TDA knew it was an actual word in the first place, wouldn't you? 🤣
(Taking with a shaker of salt that any of the above even happened...)

Context is everything. And yeah, the above makes no sense because of usage.

I wouldn't know what you were referring to and I've known what cabachon rubies and emeralds are for a long time.

If you'd said you'd inherited a lovely collection of cabachon rings from your Aunt Mabel that you were going to take out of storage and have appraised, then yeah, I'd know what you're talking about.

1665366717042.png
1665366773392.png

Though for the record I don't own or wear jewelry like that. I tend more towards Disney accessories, as with everything else I wear. lol

With all that said, if Disney doesn't put a big polished stone up in the middle of the castle, then I've no idea what they're talking about either. :D

GiveMeTheMusic

do the people that write these articles know that we take ONE WORD from these things and continue to make fun of it for weeks (and months, and sometimes years) afterward?

hot dog days is still fresh in my mind

Like Al Gore hearing the call of a dying whale no matter how far away, I was summoned from my lavish California King size water bed at the very mention of Hot Dog Days

NobodyElse

Like Al Gore hearing the call of a dying whale no matter how far away, I was summoned from my lavish California King size water bed at the very mention of Hot Dog Days
Some day, there'll be a separate sub-forum dedicated to Hot Dog Days.

And for the record, a few days ago when I glanced at our main page and saw [Cabochon] in the topic title, I assumed it was some sort of HTML formatting error, denoting a new font I was unaware of. then, like most of you, I did my own search.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Some day, there'll be a separate sub-forum dedicated to Hot Dog Days.

And for the record, a few days ago when I glanced at our main page and saw [Cabochon] in the topic title, I assumed it was some sort of HTML formatting error, denoting a new font I was unaware of. then, like most of you, I did my own search.
Some day there will be a separate sub-forum dedicated to Disney Cabochon's.....

VJ

do we think Disney100 will be better or worse than the landmark Fried Chicken Celebration? what's the consensus?

CaptinEO

do we think Disney100 will be better or worse than the landmark Fried Chicken Celebration? what's the consensus?
Hot Dog Days and Fried Chicken Celebration are peak Disney. Way better than the 50th and set a new standard for park operations along with the Plaza De La Familia, the greatest Disney attraction ever built.

mickEblu

Hot Dog Days and Fried Chicken Celebration are peak Disney. Way better than the 50th and set a new standard for park operations along with the Plaza De La Familia, the greatest Disney attraction ever built.

Need.more.Plaza De Famila billboards. There has to be at least one family who was expecting a Coco ride at DCA right?

I’m still over here dreaming of a DCA where TOT still exists and Soarin Over California is still year around. Hollywoodland is plussed and gets MMRR in addition to TOT. Instead of Avengers Campus a romanticized San Francisco houses the Marvel attractions. And a Coco ride could go into a land inspired by Old Town in San Diego. Paradise Pier 3.0 instead of Pixar Pier.

Last edited:

wdrive

Need.more.Plaza De Famila billboards. There has to be at least one family who was expecting a Coco ride at DCA right?

I’m still over here dreaming of a DCA where TOT still exists and Soarin Over California is still year around. Hollywoodland is plussed and gets MMRR in addition to TOT. Instead of Avengers Campus a romanticized San Francisco houses the Marvel attractions. And a Coco ride could go into a land inspired by Old Town in San Diego. Paradise Pier 3.0 instead of Pixar Pier.

But don’t you want to buy yellow snow cones and expensive remote control toys?

CaptinEO

Where were the billboards for Hot Dog Days?

I also think Disney should do a Full House live stage show in the San Francisco area of DCA.

Now that across the street it's Sanfran Tokyo or whatever, do the rest of the San Fran buildings get changed too? Even the Rotunda that Mermaid is now in is a San Francisco icon. Probably Disney doesn't even care and it will just be a weird leftover.

D.Silentu

That's too appealing, cut that out!

Kev1982

That's an easy bet. But only because the WDW 50th "celebration" was so cheap and tacky and appears to be gaining fans only after the recent rumors of the embarrassing 50th stuff they are removing. Like Harmonious. And KiteTails.
Still hoping the 50th was cheapend out to have bigger budgets for this celebration. They can always give me a call. I will give them my ideas for free!

TP2000

Still hoping the 50th was cheapend out to have bigger budgets for this celebration.

That presumes that they have a plan that looks more than 180 days in advance. Much less looks at multiple properties as a holistic entity. It's clear they don't have that type of mid-range planning or medium-picture visibility any longer.

So forget about their ability to plan long-range and look big-picture.

They're obviously just pulling stuff out of thin air and slashing budgets at the last minute, with no thought to the mid-range future or what their other parks might do, or not do.

It's amateur hour now in Burbank, TDA and TDO, as we can clearly see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom