Walt Disney Classics Collection presents Dreamfinder with Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

I'd buy the figure in a heartbeat.

And I'm with Wannabe on this one. The fact that we had somebody come into this thread and ask who Dreamfinder was is a perfect example that a lot the ideas and speculation thrown around in this thread is unsubstanciated and down-right wrong.

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
Please take your own advice when quoting something because you didn't show where you got it from. If it is from this forum, then tell me where so you can prove me wrong. Until then, that means that you took it without my permission and posted it.

Here you go... :D

goofntink said:
Okay here we go,

If project is approved, time frame for re-hab is 8 months. Pavillion reopen would coincide with Epcot 25th next year.

Ride rehab to include Figment and Dreamfinder.New ride to utilize current track for extension of show time.Imagination Institute scrapped.

Magic Eye Theater: Current film scrapped, All references to Imagination Institute removed.New Figment and Dreamfinder film to be shown in theater. Utilization of dimensional effects and special effects similar to It's Tough to Be a Bug.

Current Imageworks and Kodak What-if Labs scrapped for new queue area.Previous Imageworks in Upstairs location updated and reopened.

Walk around Figment character no longer shown. Casting for costumed CM for new Dreamfinder carrying normal Figment.

Figments Place rehabed for Figment/Dreamfinder meet and greet.

Pavillion to receive repaint to match original color schemes. All Imagination Institute theming removed. Main themig to feature all aspects pertaining to Figment and Dreamfinder.

Note: Pavillion currently on schedule for Maintenance rehab closure. Based on possibility of project approval falling on or near rehab dates.Pavillion would not reopen until project is completed.

Basically the same thing in your little newsletter. I only posted the small summation earlier since the rest of the information was posted previously on this forum. It was simply to refute your own claims that there's something more than a rumor or somehow confirmed. I am not adverse to posting the entire thing, so IF you think there's something worth protecting (which there's not) you may want to drop this farce.

Edit: link to quoted post... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1657153&postcount=67

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Here you go... :D

Basically the same thing in your little newsletter. I only posted the small summation earlier since the rest of the information was posted previously on this forum. It was simply to refute your own claims that there's something more than a rumor or somehow confirmed. I am not adverse to posting the entire thing, so IF you think there's something worth protecting (which there's not) you may want to drop this farce.

Edit: link to quoted post... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1657153&postcount=67

But still not what I sent in the newsletter, which still means you posted something from my site's newsletter without my permission. My newsletter's quote wasn't on this forum until you quoted it. The post you quoted is not mine, nor is it from my newsletter, so don't say that I posted it, because I didn't. I would appreciate it if next time you would like to steal what I have sent out to my site's members and post it on a forum, that you ask my permission first. :wave:

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
But still not what I sent in the newsletter, which still means you posted something from my site's newsletter without my permission. My newsletter's quote wasn't on this forum until you quoted it. The post you quoted is not mine, nor is it from my newsletter, so don't say that I posted it, because I didn't. I would appreciate it if next time you would like to steal what I have sent out to my site's members and post it on a forum, that you ask my permission first. :wave:
:lol: It's basically the same thing. Stop acting so self-important like you have insider information. The same information was posted here in the forums.

whatever... I'm done with you.

Keep it up and I'll post the whole blasted thing. NEVER send anything out by email or to someone unsolicited if you do not want it shared with others. Got it? ;)

Legacy

wannab@dis said:
:lol: It's basically the same thing. Stop acting so self-important like you have insider information. The same information was posted here in the forums.

whatever... I'm done with you.

Keep it up and I'll post the whole blasted thing. NEVER send anything out by email or to someone unsolicited if you do not want it shared with others. Got it? ;)
I'm enjoying this...

:D

Do it!

wannab@dis

coastermaster83 said:
You guys are like two 3 year olds that need a good buttwipping and time out from their parents. GOSH get a life.
I love your signature quote... it speaks the truth for jedi. :lookaroun

GothMickey

Come on Jedi.. get him... Wannabe spends way to much time attacking everyone who does not follow him... About time someone stood up to this David Koresh wanna be...

wannab@dis

GothMickey said:
Come on Jedi.. get him... Wannabe spends way to much time attacking everyone who does not follow him... About time someone stood up to this David Koresh wanna be...
Don't follow anyone. Think for yourself.

jedimaster1227

GothMickey said:

This isn't a battle. I'm all for peace and I will try to keep that, but it really infuriates me that he can bully everyone on this forum that doesn't agree with him and he gets out alive everytime. We will just see how far this goes because I am done with this arguement, now can we please get back to what this thread is really about?

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
This isn't a battle. I'm all for peace and I will try to keep that, but it really infuriates me that he can bully everyone on this forum that doesn't agree with him and he gets out alive everytime. We will just see how far this goes because I am done with this arguement, now can we please get back to what this thread is really about?
Go back and read the thread... you and the mikl person brought this thread to a grinding halt and you continue to do so. My posts were entirely on topic and appropriate. Then you two started your little sessions.

Legacy

GothMickey said:
What's your stance on this discussion?

GothMickey

Legacy said:

My stance is, I am not spending $350 to attend some event just to buy a figure that is priced way over $100. And as far as the Dream Finder goes, bringing him back is the first step in bring back the glory days of JII and not some cheap, watered down, Eisner cost cutting version of JII!!!!!

Legacy

GothMickey said:
My stance is, I am not spending $350 to attend some event just to buy a figure that is priced way over $100. And as far as the Dream Finder goes, bringing him back is the first step in bring back the glory days of JII and not some cheap, watered down, Eisner cost cutting version of JII!!!!!
I dunno... I bet a cheap, watered down, Iger cost-cutting version of JII could be done with DreamFinder in it.

Just because Micheal Jordon played for the Wizards, that didn't make the team much better.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Go back and read the thread... you and the mikl person brought this thread to a grinding halt and you continue to do so. My posts were entirely on topic and appropriate. Then you two started your little sessions.

The only crime Mikl and I commited was picking out the flawed logic you displayed and then defending our argument. As you have said before, you have the right to your opinion and sharing it, and we have ours. I am ready to finish this and move ahead with or without you, so enjoy going on with this if you must, but I won't take part in this arguement anymore.

A watered down version of the Dreamfinder is very likely if the project is done by someone that didn't work with the character originally. Our hope is that Tony Baxter leads this new project because he has experience with the character, and with the duo of Figment and the Dreamfinder.

What do you think?

dxwwf3

Original Poster
I think that if the money and their heart is in the right place, Journey Into Imagination can be an excellent attraction again. Getting the state of the art technology that was found in the original rumor is the key. And having the Dreamfinder return would just be icing on the cake.

I think there are plenty of people at WDI that didn't work on the original attraction that could easily come up with a fantastic attraction. I see what you are saying, but I don't feel that the original team HAS to work on a new JII to make it a success.

GothMickey

Legacy said:
I dunno... I bet a cheap, watered down, Iger cost-cutting version of JII could be done with DreamFinder in it.

Just because Micheal Jordon played for the Wizards, that didn't make the team much better.

Opps I made the cardinal rule of bashing Eisner on a pro-Eisner fan board.. Oppsies...

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
I think that if the money and their heart is in the right place, Journey Into Imagination can be an excellent attraction again. Getting the state of the art technology that was found in the original rumor is the key. And having the Dreamfinder return would just be icing on the cake.

I think there are plenty of people at WDI that didn't work on the original attraction that could easily come up with a fantastic attraction. I see what you are saying, but I don't feel that the original team HAS to work on a new JII to make it a success.
Agreed. It has little to do with those working on the project as it does with concept and budget.

Legacy

GothMickey said:
Opps I made the cardinal rule of bashing Eisner on a pro-Eisner fan board.. Oppsies...
The only thing I'm "pro" for is Disney. If it's in Disney's best interests then I'm all for it.

And honestly, Jay Rasulo and the retirement of Eisner are the only things that has been proven to be in the best interests of Disney. Everything else, including the Pixar purchase, Lassater advising Imagineering and the naming of Iger as CEO have yet to prove anything.

Take off the rosey shades and take a look at reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom