Walt Disney Classics Collection presents Dreamfinder with Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
So I'm listening to the new MouseTunes podcast and Lou mentions this little nugget that I haven't heard about on here (And yes I did do a search and I couldn't find anything, so if this has been mentioned before I am sorry):

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/wdwfigment.html

Event: "Imagine the Possibilities - A Friendly Figment Reunion"
Event Date: Saturday, September 9, 2006
Event Location: Epcot®

Come together with old friends and make new ones as we Imagine the Possibilities! Epcot® is pleased to offer the first ever Figment sculpt featuring his beloved friend and creator, Dreamfinder, by Walt Disney Classics Collection; available exclusively at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

This limited edition Dreamfinder with Figment sculpt will be available as part of this special one-day event and will also feature a companion Jumbo Pin that will be available exclusively to Event Guests. Additionally we are excited to have Bruce Lau available for signings. Please continue to watch for more information.

Event admission is $350.00 per person. Packages are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis. Registration for this event will begin on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 11 AM (PACIFIC) / 2 PM (EASTERN).

dreamfinder.jpg

How cool would it be if they announced plans for a new Journey Into Imagination ride at this event? (Don't answer wannab@dis :lol: :wave:). As Lou said "Who better to host the Year of A Million Dreams than the DREAMFINDER?"

Yeah I'm reading way too much into this, but its fun :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wow.. the profit margain for this whole thing is big enough to finance a small facelift for the Imagination ride.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Wow.. the profit margain for this whole thing is big enough to finance a small facelift for the Imagination ride.

Well I hope that it creates enough interest and revenue that Disney might be willing to make some of these rumors, reality.

njblackberry

Please note that the date - September 9th - is the second day of the annual Family Pin Event at EPCOT. What are they thinking?

TTATraveler

Wow, that is a really cool!!:cool: I wonder if this event will solidify the rumors of The Dreamfinder returning. We can only hope.

jedimaster1227

dxwwf3 said:
Well I hope that it creates enough interest and revenue that Disney might be willing to make some of these rumors, reality.

The funny thing is that when the Friends of Figment were working to bring back Figment, they gave out pins and stickers during the pin collecting weekend right in front of Imagination. This could be the hint of news that we have been waiting for... :D

Oh, and please Wannab@dis, don't rain on our hopeful parade.

And just to comment on Grizz, he is basically done as far as I know...

dxwwf3

Original Poster
jedimaster1227 said:
Oh, and please Wannab@dis, don't rain on our hopeful parade.

He won't be able to resist :lol:

jedimaster1227 said:
And just to comment on Grizz, he is basically done as far as I know...

Hopefully, you're just talking about forum posting and not the parks in general. I haven't talked to him since he retired from here, but hopefully he still enjoys the parks.

jedimaster1227

He won't be able to resist :lol:

Of course not! :lol:

Hopefully, you're just talking about forum posting and not the parks in general. I haven't talked to him since he retired from here, but hopefully he still enjoys the parks.

I meant from the web and forums. D-Troops is closed for good and Grizz has signed off from the forums mostly- he appears every once in a while.

I'm sure that he still enjoys the parks.

Epcot82Guy

Not getting my hopes up, but how cool of a set-up would that be! Have the event go on and then have Dreamfinder make an appearance to announce his return.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:
Not getting my hopes up, but how cool of a set-up would that be! Have the event go on and then have Dreamfinder make an appearance to announce his return.

I would probably get choked up if I saw it happen :lol:

Magicot

To me, it kinda sounds like they're testing the waters to see if Dreamfinder really will bring in a crowd- even for a small event. This is just the start of good things to come!:animwink:

jedimaster1227

Magicot said:
To me, it kinda sounds like they're testing the waters to see if Dreamfinder really will bring in a crowd- even for a small event. This is just the start of good things to come!:animwink:

My thoughts exactly-I will look into it later on this week...:animwink:

Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure that the Walt Disney Classics Collection operates as part of the Consumer Products division of The Walt Disney Company and has little, if anything, to do with The Parks and Resorts division. So, the idea that they're "testing the waters" with this event might not be plausable.

But, then again, maybe the units are working together and that's just what they're doing indeed!

Epcot82Guy

ThreeCircles said:
Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure that the Walt Disney Classics Collection operates as part of the Consumer Products division of The Walt Disney Company and has little, if anything, to do with The Parks and Resorts division. So, the idea that they're "testing the waters" with this event might not be plausable.

But, then again, maybe the units are working together and that's just what they're doing indeed!

I agree. This could be a way to drop a major hint for an announcement, but it is highly unlikely this is related if traditional Disney corporate happenings are continuing (of course, there could be new business strategies and synergy going on).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
mousermerf said:
For some reason, I don't think that Disney is having cash flow problems that are holding back a refurb.

FigmentJedi

The thread title made me double take a bit. Considering the usage of Dreamfinder in recent collectable merchandise, and now this event for the Big Fig(with DF), it makes me think that the rumors are true and that Dreamfinder is coming back to his people at Epcot.
"I can't believe he's back!"
"My heart explodes with joy *heart 'splodes and person collapses*!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom