Walls Now Up for Little Mermaid-Ariel''s Undersea Adventure

sponono88

another look at the construction site, pictures by Ron W

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

sponono88

Vertical construction has finally begun. So exciting!

Laughing Place has the first picture of the steel structure going up:

0011394-228141.jpg

TP2000

Woah! That's going up FAST! Obviously this steel superstructure was planned out and pre-fabricated offsite, and it's just sort of plug-and-play construction now. The basic form of the building should be done in a couple of weeks at this fast rate.

It's a good thing too, because we'll all be standing in line for this new ride in just over a year from now! :sohappy:

Also, those pictures nicely captured the gorgeous SoCal weather this week! Dry, breezy, not a cloud in the sky, temps in the low 80's! It's finally spring!

sponono88

it's definitely coming together fast! here's another look, with a peek over the construction walls

largepics30.jpg

largepics32.jpg

-from MiceChat's In The Parks update

TP2000

Pictures don't do this justice. I walked around and looked at it this weekend, and this is a big building. The footprint has been expanded quite a bit from the old Golden Dreams facility, and it's broad and long and rather tall.

It's really going to create a big, important presence in this part of the park as you approach it from many angles. Pictures don't quite capture the size and scope of it.

sponono88

Pictures don't do this justice. I walked around and looked at it this weekend, and this is a big building. The footprint has been expanded quite a bit from the old Golden Dreams facility, and it's broad and long and rather tall.

It's really going to create a big, important presence in this part of the park as you approach it from many angles. Pictures don't quite capture the size and scope of it.

I agree, it looks a lot bigger in person. Here's a picture of the construction taken from Paradise Park - it really shows how the Mermaid building will complete the backdrop for this area.

844962966_Fnf3Q-L.jpg

TP2000

Good news from Al Lutz today on Miceage!

"Editor's Note 6/3: After the Toy Story Musical exhibit for the Blue Sky Cellar was axed along with the show itself last month, WDI has fast-tracked their exhibits on the Little Mermaid and Goofy's Sky School attractions. The rushed displays will now debut in the Blue Sky Cellar preview center on June 11th. Once you've grabbed your World of Color Fastpass that morning, head over to the preview center to check out the next new attractions coming to DCA in less than a year's time. - Al Lutz" http://www.miceage.com

I can't wait to see the Cellar exhibits about this one! For me the most exciting part of the DCA expansion and makeover isn't the new entertainment like World of Color, it's the RIDES. The Blue Sky Cellar has been dedicated mostly to World of Color for the last six months, but now it's time to start talking about rides again! It is a theme park after all, and most people go for the rides.

I had talked myself into avoiding Anaheim this weekend due to World of Color crowds, and I'd just sit with a Mai Tai and read about it from the comfort of my deck. But now I have half a mind to head to DCA just to check out this new exhibit, check out Glow Fest, and then maybe watch World of Color from the backside of water somewhere over by the Fun Wheel. :lol:

I'm sure we'll get some pictures of this new Blue Sky Cellar preview center exhibit here after the 11th.

sponono88

this upcoming Friday is shaping up to be a very big day at DCA. Not only is World of Color and Glow Fest premiering that day, but Blue Sky Cellar reopens with Jodi Benson taking part in the opening ceremony!

Editor's Note 6/9: Disney will be bringing in Jodi Benson, the voice of the Little Mermaid, to perform at a "What's Next?" media announcement on Fri. where she will help debut the new Little Mermaid exhibit in the Blue Sky Cellar. In addition to a full track schematic of the ride and plenty of new attraction sketches, there will be new artwork and information about Goofy's Sky School, the Paradise Garden Grill food court, the Red Car Trolley, the Buena Vista Street entrance complex, and the C Ticket attractions coming to Cars Land. Plus, a new video on the 100 inch plasma screen. Don't forget to swing by the Cellar on Friday while you wait for World of Color. - Al Lutz

TP2000

this upcoming Friday is shaping up to be a very big day at DCA. Not only is World of Color and Glow Fest premiering that day, but Blue Sky Cellar reopens with Jodi Benson taking part in the opening ceremony!

I read that on Miceage too and was totally excited! The Blue Sky Cellar has been mainly about World of Color for the past six months, but now I'm ready to see more about all these new RIDES being built at DCA now!

According to Al Lutz, this new version of the Cellar that opens Friday will be brimming with new info about the RIDES! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom