Walk Around the World to be removed.

SeaCastle

Are there any plans in existence as of now to complete the WAtW path?

On a similar topic, how far away is a hotel on the spit of land between the Contemporary and the TTC from happening?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If that is the case I can at least see some logic in it but I do not think that anyone could argue that plain gray concrete will be considerably less visually appealing than the bricks.

With the proliferation of concrete stamping and coloring, I would hope that they used a little imagination before simply pouring plain gray concrete slabs.

unkadug

On a similar topic, how far away is a hotel on the spit of land between the Contemporary and the TTC from happening?

I'm pretty sure that they found that that piece of land is unbuildable. (economically)

Texas84

That's sad. I got one the first year. Wish I could buy it and take it home. :( I don't think it was a rip-off. I enjoyed visiting it every year.

Figment1986

hmm... I understand MOST of the bricks have been there for around 10 years or so.. but I got a brick online like 3 years ago... so does that mean mine would be moved to a tiny area off to the side?

SirNim

hmm... I understand MOST of the bricks have been there for around 10 years or so.. but I got a brick online like 3 years ago... so does that mean mine would be moved to a tiny area off to the side?
Maybe the bricks were placed in general areas according to order date -- oldest in front of MK, then the TTC, etc... That way, the areas with bricks older than 10 years could be entirely replaced, while areas with newer bricks might remain a little while longer.

unkadug

Maybe the bricks were placed in general areas according to order date -- oldest in front of MK, then the TTC, etc... That way, the areas with bricks older than 10 years could be entirely replaced, while areas with newer bricks might remain a little while longer.

Perhaps they will grind the bricks up into the mortar, thereby creating a loophole. You're brick IS still there, just not recognizable anymore.

I never read the sales contract, so I don't know if this would work or not.
:shrug:

themoose

maybe they will replace it with the recycled rubber tire bricks they were showing off during the flower and garden festival. after this month, they need some redeeming qualities.

Figment1986

perhaps initially, but mine is actually in the "secure" area not far from the guest relations line... and around it are a mix of older bricks and like mine some newer ones.:shrug:

mastif

thats, to bad, even tho I don't have a brick, I like looking at them when I go to MK, especially for the first time during a visit. If I did have a brick, I would probably try prying it out, bringing it home and putting it in my walkway. that would be awesome!

Marni, Was that the main point of the bricks being discontinued? I never really knew why they stopped, figured people weren't buying them..

mickey2008.1

I am sorry that some of you just dont appreciate what disney has done, remembering someone at their most magical place. Most of you on thiis site are APS, but its the tourists who keep the money flowing and parks going. FACT! I dont have a brick, but my parents have what you call a tombstone, but to me it is a place to see my loved ones wo have passed. We and my family get excited to see it. A living legacy is just that! If you want it out, fine, just send me my piece that has been purchased, dont turn it into mulch to make you happy. You want a park for APS, go to universal! this is what makes disney.:(

Badger Brent

Our brick was also removed by a automated ticket machine. That still bugged me a little, but over time we moved on.

We also have a LaL tile. I could care less what they do to those roadblocks leading into Epcot. In the end, their going to do what they want to and we have to accept it. We will b*tch and complain, but to no avail. JMO:wave:

mickey2008.1

We also have a LaL tile. I could care less what they do to those roadblocks leading into Epcot. In the end, their going to do what they want to and we have to accept it. We will b*tch and complain, but to no avail. JMO:wave:[/QUOTE]

Ok, remove them, but at least have the consideration to pass on the tile, at no extra cost. then put something in memorable for those who paid> No names, just a really cool entrance!

I-4Warrior

I am sorry that some of you just dont appreciate what disney has done, remembering someone at their most magical place. Most of you on thiis site are APS, but its the tourists who keep the money flowing and parks going. FACT! I dont have a brick, but my parents have what you call a tombstone, but to me it is a place to see my loved ones wo have passed. We and my family get excited to see it. A living legacy is just that! If you want it out, fine, just send me my piece that has been purchased, dont turn it into mulch to make you happy. You want a park for APS, go to universal! this is what makes disney.:(

Thank you for your non-jaded, from the heart response. I agree with you.

ryno1982

Our family has one of the original walk around the world bricks (1994) right at the exit of the monorail station. It was always nice to know that even when we weren't there, our names were. I've been dreading this day for a long time. :(

Rob562

Marni, Was that the main point of the bricks being discontinued? I never really knew why they stopped, figured people weren't buying them..

The generally-presumed reason was a combination of not wanting to deal with the bridge-over-the-canal issue, and that sales of the Leave A Legacy tiles were slow and they wanted to boost those sales as much as possible, so they eliminated its only "competition". (For all intents and purposes, brick sales ended in 2000... Quite the coincidence, wouldn't you say?)

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

There are no plans now to complete the path.

A resort on the plot won`t happen - try a search for Mediteranian or Venitian resorts. The ground was found to be unsuitable.

durangojim

That's a total bummer if true. We own two bricks commerating the first time my girlfriend (who since became my wife), my parents, and I went to Disney together. I wish Disney would at least allow those of us who purchased the bricks originally to buy them pack and have the actuall bricks shipped to us. I wonder if Mousesurplus will somehow get in on this and sell the bricks back to people?

palmickey420

r they gonna take out the bricks over by the wedding pavilion? and if so will they let the owners keep them? cause my grandparents own a brick over there and i have never seen it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom