Walk Around the World to be removed.

yensid63

This is sad. I always enjoyed finding my brick each visit. My brick was by the Monorail ramp. I guess that's the end of the bricks. Too bad Disney won't send the bricks to their owners, it would have made a nice souvineer. :)

hpyhnt 1000

If that is the case I can at least see some logic in it but I do not think that anyone could argue that plain gray concrete will be considerably less visually appealing than the bricks.

I trust Disney will be a bit more creative with this pavement than plain, gray concrete.

Right? :lookaroun

WDW Vacationer

I just thought of this....

Since the bricks cost an arm and a leg...now what is the guy who lost his arm at BB gonna do? I heard that is why he did it.He planned to loose a leg at TL.

:lookaroun

gbruenin

Mine was a gift from my parents in '96 as a 40th birthday present. I have the location code on a certificate and a small walnut desk decoration. I wonder if WDW would send me the real one to me when they take them out. Not likely, eh?

Gary

jt04

I trust Disney will be a bit more creative with this pavement than plain, gray concrete.

Right? :lookaroun

If I had to guess, I would think this is a "green" project. Much more landscaping and shade and much less 1970's "future-tecture" :hurl:.

CastleBound

That sucks completely... I really enjoyed looking at them while walking there! Last time I was walking I found one from my town, which was awesome to see.. I don't remember it being in poor condition..

The Conundrum

Does anyone want to post the picture of the Paul Pressler stone? :lol:

I guess this pretty much guarentees Leave a Legacy's days are numbered.

jt04

because just like LAL and DVC, the walk around the world was another Eisner/Pressler era gimmick to rip people off. We are slowly starting to see these gimmicks decay which is very satisfying to me.

I see. Well we have agreed twice today. I better step away for awhile. :dazzle:

Swfewrmco

Ok, maybe I can see them replacing the areas directly in front of MK and TTC. Those are high traffic areas. My brick is way down the path toward the GF. I doubt that they plan to repave a path to nowhere. Perhaps those bricks will survive? :shrug:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Well... If I owned a brick... I would go reclaim.. before it got tossed.

Just saying. :lol::lookaroun

PuertoRekinSam

Good Riddens!

(I only say that because years ago, my brick was covered by an automatic ticket machine 3 years ago. If I can't have mine, no one can!:ROFLOL:) My 10 years wouldn't be up until this May anyway)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom