News Walk Around the World Bricks to be removed around the Magic Kingdom and TTC

Figments Friend

Very curious to see Baxter's brick, someone's gotta post a picture, come on! :)

Tony's brick is not in the Park, or even within the entrance areas as it would probably be assumed.
It's in a place where one wouldn't expect to find it....but it's still in a public place.
I have a photo, but......

How am I going to be able to dig it out of the ground with my putty knife and screwdriver if I reveal where it's located?
It's mine! It's mine! It's mine!

Nope.... I ain't talkin'...!
🤐

;)

-

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Tony's brick is not in the Park, or even within the entrance areas as it would probably be assumed.
It's in a place where one wouldn't expect to find it....but it's still in a public place.
I have a photo, but......

How am I going to be able to dig it out of the ground with my putty knife and screwdriver if I reveal where it's located?
It's mine! It's mine! It's mine!

Nope.... I ain't talkin'...!
🤐

;)

-
Sure hope we don't get a "Buzzy" thread out of this...

ABQ

Pretty faded, maybe you can spruce it up once you grab it @Figments Friend

Fable McCloud

some of these are becoming a tripping hazard anyways... surprised it took this long

I adore these bricks, it's amazing to see all the names and message, but I agree wholeheartedly. These stones are super uneven as of late and I have tripped a few times, as well as my parents and my husband. It's also horrendous in spots if you're on crutches or have leg braces. On our last trip I saw so many small children just fall down from walking.

I think a new, smooth walkway with some sort of design would be great. Yes it will cost more and mean an entrance under construction, but it would last longer and help make it safer for all.

Ismael Flores

I wonder if the Disneyland bricks will be removed next. Seems to be a trend.

If they do remove them I hope that they will actually fix the esplanade. The compass in the middle is always getting blocked off because its slippery and the whole area is lacking landscaping. Some stratigically placed trees and maybe an actual themed fountain would do wonders for the area. It would also help cut down on the people obstacle in the evenings. Right now it is a nightmare trying to move thru the area up to an hour before fireworks because people lay out in the floor to watch the fireworks from outside the park

Castle Cake Apologist

I fully understand the decision, but I'm very sad to see these finally be removed.

My late aunt has a brick at the TTC. WDW was her favorite place in the world (family trait!) and this was kind of a way for her to always be there after she passed. We'll have to make a trip out to see her brick one last time before they start this project.

harryk

Out of their money grabs, I'll say that the bricks actually looked nice outside the gates. It sort of sucks that some were on the path to nowhere out in from of the TTC and up to the canal which holds the water pageant. It really would be nice if you could just walk all the way around the lagoon and, yes, I know there's one guy who'll say, "...but what about the alligators and snakes???" If everything is mowed/trimmed down/back then the really doesn't present any more of a problem than walking across someone's lawn.

The gravestones did not. Perhaps if the plates with the images had been presented in some other way it could have worked.
When first presented as a chance to purchase these bricks the presentation was that they would be the pavement for a walk 'all' around the 7 Seas Lagoon. Of course this did not happen because they could not figure out how to bridge the water pageant canal.

Kman101

I fully understand the decision, but I'm very sad to see these finally be removed.

My late aunt has a brick at the TTC. WDW was her favorite place in the world (family trait!) and this was kind of a way for her to always be there after she passed. We'll have to make a trip out to see her brick one last time before they start this project.

Aw :( makes me realize how I'd feel if my late aunt or grandma had something like this done. I think some of us forget that sometimes these really do mean something to people. It's disappointing they do these things but then don't maintain them (the tombstones were a bad idea, they could have integrated the photos so much better into the landscape ... it's not a bad idea per say, but the end result was; and I actually really like the brick idea. I know some, like me, are quick to label it as a money grab at the time, and in a way it was, but it also meant something to those who bought into it.

Are you able to get a commemorative one? I know it's not at all the same ....

Castle Cake Apologist

Aw :( makes me realize how I'd feel if my late aunt or grandma had something like this done. I think some of us forget that sometimes these really do mean something to people. It's disappointing they do these things but then don't maintain them (the tombstones were a bad idea, they could have integrated the photos so much better into the landscape ... it's not a bad idea per say, but the end result was; and I actually really like the brick idea. I know some, like me, are quick to label it as a money grab at the time, and in a way it was, but it also meant something to those who bought into it.

Are you able to get a commemorative one? I know it's not at all the same ....

Yeah, we're planning on buying a couple of the commemorative ones. Just sucks that she won't "be there" anymore.

Me and my brother have our photo together on the LaL monument from a trip when we were still kids, but I'm actually happy to see them finally make a purpose-built monument to display the photos. The LaL monuments never filled up, so parts of them look even worse than they do anyways. Also completely ruined the beautiful aesthetic of the entry plaza, and you know how I feel about Epcot circa 1982. ;)

Dory71

Does anyone have a map with brick locations? My daughter was gifted a brick in 1997 and we never located the brick. I have the certificate with the identifying info just not sure where to look. Any ideas??

Mike730

Not sure if this has been posted before but people have been posting on the DVC Facebook group that the commemorative ones are NOT weatherproof. I haven’t looked into them at all so idk if this was expected, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

ToTBellHop

Not sure if this has been posted before but people have been posting on the DVC Facebook group that the commemorative ones are NOT weatherproof. I haven’t looked into them at all so idk if this was expected, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.
Yes. They are terrible. All they are doing is applying a decal instead of engraving.

Save your money. Perhaps bring a chisel to remove your existing brick under cover of Disney After Hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom