Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

MadTeacup

Are any of the fotlk puppets operated by more than 1 person?
Nope. It takes only one puppeteer for each character to bring the puppets to life. (Also a technician to move the wagons in and out of the huts.) This is how they would have been able to bring back the show. The original plan was to bring back the full show with fewer specialty performers and players (dancers) to allow more space between performers. Given the current unexpectedly low attendance at Animal Kingdom right now, performers have been told that even with the equity agreement the show probably won't be returning soon.

Last edited:

techgeek

Nope. It takes only one puppeteer for each character to bring the puppets to life. (Also a technician to move the wagons in and out of the huts.) This is how they would have been able to bring back the show. The original plan was to bring back the full show with fewer specialty performers and players (dancers) to allow more space between performers. Given the current unexpectedly low attendance at Animal Kingdom right now, performers have been told that even with the equity agreement the show probably won't be returning soon.

“AK’s not compelling enough of a park with the current offerings, so whatever we do let’s try not to add anything more...”?

Sounds like typical Disney logic. Maybe if you give people a reason to stay longer then a half day, they’d stay longer then a half day.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
“AK’s not compelling enough of a park with the current offerings, so whatever we do let’s try not to add anything more...”?

Sounds like typical Disney logic. Maybe if you give people a reason to stay longer then a half day, they’d stay longer then a half day.
I think that really boils down to nighttime entertainment. Especially for AK. Even with Nemo and Lion King running, the park was always empty at night except for Avatarland... Rivers of Light just didn't rake in the audiences.

But people manage to stage a whole day at Epcot and HS until park closings to watch fireworks/fantasmic.

ToTBellHop

I think that really boils down to nighttime entertainment. Especially for AK. Even with Nemo and Lion King running, the park was always empty at night except for Avatarland... Rivers of Light just didn't rake in the audiences.

But people manage to stage a whole day at Epcot and HS until park closings to watch fireworks/fantasmic.
People will stay at MK as late as it is open, so I agree—fireworks have to be a priority at DHS and Epcot, first.

WondersOfLife

People will stay at MK as late as it is open, so I agree—fireworks have to be a priority at DHS and Epcot, first.
Yes. MK has enough to do for a full day, even with the cuts they've made. If you decide you truly want to do everything in the park.

The other 3 need some work, and nighttime entertainment is the main thing that'll keep em in.

cmwade77

This is a chicken and the egg problem, Disney says attendance is too low to bring the show back right now, but the attendance is only so low because there is so little entertainment, add more and the crowds will come.

WondersOfLife

This is a chicken and the egg problem, Disney says attendance is too low to bring the show back right now, but the attendance is only so low because there is so little entertainment, add more and the crowds will come.
Well.. That, plus a worldwide pandemic. But I'm guessing we don't need to get into that on this thread.

RSoxNo1

DAK is the next park that needs a substantial addition not currently under construction. I know we all like to do ride counts, but I think that should be amended to be simplified to C tickets and above (basically eliminating flat rides like Dumbo, Alien Swirling Saucers, etc).

DAK's count of C tickets and above is 7, and this number includes both the Train and Kali. The former was closed for a chunk of last year and the latter is typically closed for at least a month and a half a year. It needs some family friendly dark rides on the Everest/Dinoland side of the park.

By comparison, DHS has 8, Epcot has 9 (but 11 by the end of 2021).

Sure, rides aren't the only things that make a park but it has to be on the table for DAK.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DAK is the next park that needs a substantial addition not currently under construction. I know we all like to do ride counts, but I think that should be amended to be simplified to C tickets and above (basically eliminating flat rides like Dumbo, Alien Swirling Saucers, etc).

DAK's count of C tickets and above is 7, and this number includes both the Train and Kali. The former was closed for a chunk of last year and the latter is typically closed for at least a month and a half a year. It needs some family friendly dark rides on the Everest/Dinoland side of the park.

By comparison, DHS has 8, Epcot has 9 (but 11 by the end of 2021).

Sure, rides aren't the only things that make a park but it has to be on the table for DAK.

DHS has 9. Everyone forgets Star Tours. :)

WondersOfLife

If there is no 2nd wave with school openings come Octoberish his argument about night shows will be true.
Except for the part where there will still be millions of people recovering financially.

Also depending on whether or not tourists will come back from other countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom