Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

Lirael

I think after Mars Needs Moms and The Lone Ranger got pricey park pushes and bombed spectacularly, they got gun shy. We were in the parks around when Frozen 1 opened, which was a few months after the Lone Ranger fiasco, and there was basically a billboard up at what was then Downtown Disney and other than that, you’d never have known.
But I have yet to see a mainline "princess" movie bomb. Even movies that didn't break records like Tangled were still successful. Something like Frozen or Encanto is expected to succeed, because none of that line haven't before, so it's strange that they're scared to go all out on those as well

FettFan

Wait Mars Needs Moms and The Longe Ranger gained pushes at the parks?

Hooo boy....I remember the Main Street Emporium being chock-full of Lone Ranger merchandise. 12" action figures, Vinylmations, metal badges, clothing, etc. etc.
TLR236LARGE.jpg

Here's the post on the Disney Parks Blog.

DoleWhipDrea

Listened to @lentesta and Jim Hill this morning and they made a good point about the theater...

The Little Mermaid live-action is coming in 2023 and will have new songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda. They could be holding back from any theater changes until they see how the movie performs.

This would be really cool to see. Pay homage to the past while still giving the show a refresh.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom