Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

ToTBellHop

Correct, that corner of the park is hurting without it, it does huge numbers and I’m sure they would love to have it up ASAP from a park Ops point of view. There apparently were/have been plans for it but the latest variant I think put a delay in that.
I fear they would just put a show on a screen in there, maximizing capacity while minimizing cost.

Fox&Hound

I really do hope one day they take the space used by VOTLM, One Man's Dream, Disney Jr, Launch Bay and whatever else is in that space and give us a new land. I know Monsters is tossed around a lot, but I think Incredibles would work well in that park. A family-friendly dark ride, a spinner themed to Violet and Dash, meet and greets, that NomNom Cookie stand they seem to love so much (oh maybe next door to a Frozone ice cream spot), maybe an indoor play area themed to baby jack jack and the raccoon that stole the show in Incredibles 2, and OF COURSE a path back to RnRC. That is my dream...

ToTBellHop

If you can see the floor, there is room for more.

My Disney bus at MK closing going to a value before the double buses. :D
Doesn’t matter if it’s a value. They cram the millionaires going to the Grand Floridian to the same level. What luxury!

I assure you they smell just as bad when sweaty (never actually stayed there…just wanted to see the lobby once).

cranbiz

Doesn’t matter if it’s a value. They cram the millionaires going to the Grand Floridian to the same level. What luxury!

I assure you they smell just as bad when sweaty (never actually stayed there…just wanted to see the lobby once).
No, it didn't matter usually. However POP and the All Stars were the only load zones where we would double or triple load and we were "encouraged" to cram as many guests in as possible. This was back in 06-11. Probably different now.

mattpeto

Just going by different articles out there, Disney might have until October 2022 to recall the cast members.

The fact that's is still on the website and shows up under Temporarily Unavailable Entertainment, should be enough info that the show could still live again.

As much as I love shows, I think a giant wrecking ball to make an EPCOT dirt pile at Animation Courtyard might be the best case scenario. Stick something at AC that draws people.

Animaniac93-98

Absolutely. DHS should absolutely have facilities to capitalize on things like this. Black Box theaters and Black Box attractions.

DHS has several facilities that were intended to have rotating productions.

Theater of the Stars was not meant to run the same Beauty and the Beast show until the end of time.

The idea that they need yet another venue because they won't invest in replacements is a problem in and of itself. The only one they truly lost was the backlot theater so they could put Star Wars there.

Disney-MGM Studios used to be the best WDW park for entertainment but now it's not really any better thanks to cuts and staleness.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
They literally designed the Disney Junior Dance Party show so there isn’t a single physical object that needs to be updated to update the show to new Disney Junior IP but instead they are full steam ahead with 3 Disney Junior shows that have finished their production runs.

So I’m not holding my breath to updates to anything else.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Frozen sells princess dresses and bibbidi bobbidi?
Anyone holding their breath for a permanent Encanto ride/show any time soon isn’t paying a lot of attention to how any of this works. If a new IP isn’t Frozen level big, we’re talking a decade to get something in, and Encanto isn’t in the stratosphere of Frozen in terms of cultural penetration and impact.

doctornick

I really do hope one day they take the space used by VOTLM, One Man's Dream, Disney Jr, Launch Bay and whatever else is in that space and give us a new land. I know Monsters is tossed around a lot, but I think Incredibles would work well in that park. A family-friendly dark ride, a spinner themed to Violet and Dash, meet and greets, that NomNom Cookie stand they seem to love so much (oh maybe next door to a Frozone ice cream spot), maybe an indoor play area themed to baby jack jack and the raccoon that stole the show in Incredibles 2, and OF COURSE a path back to RnRC. That is my dream...
New Toontown, but themed to where the cartoon characters work rather than live.

PiratesMansion

Anyone holding their breath for a permanent Encanto ride/show any time soon isn’t paying a lot of attention to how any of this works. If a new IP isn’t Frozen level big, we’re talking a decade to get something in, and Encanto isn’t in the stratosphere of Frozen in terms of cultural penetration and impact.
Maybe not, but "We Don't Talk About Bruno" becoming the first Disney song to hit # 1 on the Billboard Top 100 since "A Whole New World" isn't something to sneeze at in terms of cultural impact/penetration. There is interest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom