• Bdis86 #14

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • christopher #15

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CmdrTostada

Everyone on here did a great job, im just sad mine didnt get picked, it wasnt that good though. But next time I have a secret weapon, a really cool photoediting program. Good Luck to everyone. And it is really sad that bdis cheated because he had one of the best posters.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Thanks, Jedi.

That makes a lot of us feel better. I just don't want these contests to be ended because of people being dishonest or hurt. These are for fun, and I personally still have fun, even when someone cheats, because I know they will be caught and the problem will be taken care of.

Long live these FUN contests!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!:D :sohappy:

DisneyCP2000

These contests are great! Keep up the great work everyone! As MSU says, keep it fun! Woohoo!!! :sohappy: Thanks to the three who voted for me! :king:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
These contests are great! Keep up the great work everyone! As MSU says, keep it fun! Woohoo!!! :sohappy: Thanks to the three who voted for me! :king:

LOL....your welcome....well...not three....as that would be CHEATING....just one from me.:D ;)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Main Street USA
Thanks, Jedi.

That makes a lot of us feel better. I just don't want these contests to be ended because of people being dishonest or hurt. These are for fun, and I personally still have fun, even when someone cheats, because I know they will be caught and the problem will be taken care of.

Long live these FUN contests!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!:D :sohappy:

MSU...never leave us.....you always manage to make me smile :)

Castle Cake Apologist

I just want everyone to know, that I looked at the posters and decided which to vote for BEFORE I looked at the name. I cast my vote based on the poster that I could actualy picture at Epcot advertising the attraction. And that poster was Number 11, NowInc.'s. Great job Dan! Oh, btw... I'm a bit worried. There may be a couple user names credited to me other then this one. This is because I've signed a few friends up at my house when they spent the night. I just wanted to clear up that these names are NOT mine. They were just created here at my humble adobe. Ok, I feel better now.

-Jake

NowInc

I personally think anyone who participates deserves a bit of credit..i know how hard it is to sit down and come up with an idea..and to actually get something DONE is a real test on your creativity..

Now..for a bit of "technical" stuff...

A few days before the contest ended me and MSU talked about what exactly a ride poster IS....it really isnt a photograph...look at all Disney Posters in existance and you will see that they are very "artistic" and usually "hand drawn". MSU showed an example of that with his RnR poster he made. THAT was the original idea for this contest but wasnt really understood. Im not sure what he is planning, but i THINK he (with my full support) is going to try and alter the rules so that a "style" must be used. No photos ;)

You should always choose which one you would personally like hanging on your wall. No favorites here (looking at how few votes i have is total testament to that...and no..im not mad about it..because those who are beating me deserve it...)..

I came to a realization..and im going to have MSU do this as well..the next contest we have..the poll will have NO names on it...just numbers. Im contimplating having all entries emailed to whomever is running the contest..and that person posting it on his/her name to keep the anonymity....I think that will truely end most of the "problems" we seem to have here.

As for cheating...I have a strange suspicion that with the departure of a few of our members...that the voting will be much more fair from now on ;)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Yes, those are good ideas. More likely than not the emailing me your entries thing WILL happen in the next contest. Then there will be no favoritism.;)

We're still talking about the "no photographs" rule. It SHOULD definitely be a rule. That's what a ride poster is afterall. This would completely set the Ride Poster contests aside from the Wallpaper contests, which in my opinion, is a good thing. I don't want it to shy anyone away from entering. I know everyone is capable of doing it.

It looks like around - lemme check here - 14 of the 21 entries allused photos in some way. Either straight out or importing them into Photoshop and then using filters.

Hmmmmmmm........................

christopher

Originally posted by NowInc
I came to a realization..and im going to have MSU do this as well..the next contest we have..the poll will have NO names on it...just numbers. Im contimplating having all entries emailed to whomever is running the contest..and that person posting it on his/her name to keep the anonymity....I think that will truely end most of the "problems" we seem to have here.

That is a good idea, but I don't really think that it is a popularity contest. I only have about 90 posts, but still won the last two wallpaper contests. It's pretty clear that for this contest those people that voted for me prior to this, casted there votes elsewhere, because they did not like mine best. And thats how it should be. I guess I just like seeing all the entries posted one by one. But I am for the emails to proove that it is fair. :animwink:

tenchu

I don't want to belittle anyone here, but this thread has been the most exciting on here for ages! A good bit of cheating and fighting really cheers me up!

Keep up the good work!!:animwink:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by christopher

I guess I just like seeing all the entries posted one by one.

Actually, this would still happen. People would email their entries to me and I would post them immediately as entry 1, entry 2, etc. They would be posted exactly the same, except you simply wouldn't know who's they were. The ONLY real downside to this is on me, because I would know who was who. But if thats a problem then I simply wouldn't vote. No biggie.:) So I say we do it. Once again, great idea, Now.:cool:

Maria

Why does everything have to be so complicated??? Jeez people... grow up! I do base my vote on which poster I would buy if printed, regardless of the "artist". I go by number, and then find out who made it. I think the idea of having it emailed to someone and then posted under a number without a name is good, but complicated. Next thing you´ll hear will be that "MSU took a long time to post mine; that wasn´t my poster; he altered the size, those weren´t the original colors, what was your email?, did you get mine?, but I sent it on time! etc. etc. etc." :rolleyes:

Let´s all try to be honest and fair for once! :brick:

Thank you. I´m done ranting.

Invero

Originally posted by Maria
Why does everything have to be so complicated??? Jeez people... grow up!Let´s all try to be honest and fair for once!

Well said, Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom