• Bdis86 #14

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • christopher #15

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCP2000

I agree with Maria too. Just because of one bad seed, do we need to turn the contest into an "Olympic" style judging? I'm pretty sure that we're all honest here, and this is a one time incident. :D :cool:

DisneyJedi

Ok.. I was about to say something stupid again today, but it was all in good fun. :) I didn't want someone to take it the wrong way, so I jammed my left pinkie in basketball during my lunch hour and can't type well (ok it was accidental, but I thought I would use it as an excuse :) ).

Anonymous works for me, but I suspect you'll all know which entry is from me because I pretty much do the same artistic method every time. :lol: I'll have to throw you all off somehow. That's going to be real hard. There's some real sharp cookies on here. :)

I think if everyone agrees ahead of time on the rules for submissions and is aware and patient of possibilities, this will be as good as gold.

Of course Maria is thinking "men.. they sure know how to complicate things". :lol: It's in our nature! :)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
It is a little more complicated, but it should eliminate the arguments and the implications of popularity playing a role. I think we should try it, see how it goes, then do whatever is best.

Maria is correct. It really shouldn't have to come to this, but if this makes for less "controversy" then so be it.

Blah, blah, blah.......anyway, we still have around 2 days to vote for this one. Onward!!!!!!:D

CrashNet

wwwwooooooooooowwwwwwwww......

I never knew someone would cheat on something everyone is doing just for fun. Sounds to me like someone is a sore loser. Pretty lame excuse that he just wanted an ROE contest. I mean, if I won that would be the first thing I would pick for the next contest. And 4-5 different accounts??! Man its amazing what you can do with your own server isn't. Thank god he has his own server though....makes the IP address easier to block. Let me ask you this though. Steve makes a very good point about multiple people having the same IP address. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I think :)brick:) IP addresses are rotated in programs like AOL, aren't they? Even if they aren't, I'm sure (not totally sure so correct me if I'm wrong) BDis could come up with a way to get back into the forum under a different IP address and pretend he is a totally different person.

As for all of the posters in this contest, they are all excellent. I know how long it takes to come up with an idea and if you can even think of something and put it together and submit an entry, you have creativity, skill, and talent. At least in my eyes.

Now back to the contest....I have been away for a little while and I'm beginning to wonder where the wallpaper contest went. Now and Mainstreet, are you guys going to take turns with the poster and wallpaper contests. This contest is just as awesome as the wallpaper contest. I think both should be going on at the same time!!!:D Too much? Well, I look forward to the next contest so I can take part. Great entries everyone!:cool:

Maria

Yeah MSU, but what if you are busy or don´t get their email on time, or you don´t get the attachment, or your mailbox gets full, etc., then people will start putting the blame on you, and you just did it in good faith... that wouldn´t be fair to you. :(

I hope it doesn´t get to that point... :animwink:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
Yeah MSU, but what if you are busy or don´t get their email on time, or you don´t get the attachment, or your mailbox gets full, etc., then people will start putting the blame on you, and you just did it in good faith... that wouldn´t be fair to you. :(

I hope it doesn´t get to that point... :animwink:

It shouldn't come to that, My hotmail Inbox has plenty of room, plus there will be a time listed with each e-mail, so it would be easy for me to make sure all entries were submitted by the deadline. I don't mind it at all if this makes it more enjoyable, and I thinkti will for everyone. This way it will be a suprise to everyone who wins in the end! Weeeeeeeeee!:sohappy:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Re: ....

Originally posted by cac2889
wwwwooooooooooowwwwwwwww......

I never knew someone would cheat on something everyone is doing just for fun. Sounds to me like someone is a sore loser. Pretty lame excuse that he just wanted an ROE contest. I mean, if I won that would be the first thing I would pick for the next contest. And 4-5 different accounts??! Man its amazing what you can do with your own server isn't. Thank god he has his own server though....makes the IP address easier to block. Let me ask you this though. Steve makes a very good point about multiple people having the same IP address. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I think :)brick:) IP addresses are rotated in programs like AOL, aren't they? Even if they aren't, I'm sure (not totally sure so correct me if I'm wrong) BDis could come up with a way to get back into the forum under a different IP address and pretend he is a totally different person.

As for all of the posters in this contest, they are all excellent. I know how long it takes to come up with an idea and if you can even think of something and put it together and submit an entry, you have creativity, skill, and talent. At least in my eyes.

Now back to the contest....I have been away for a little while and I'm beginning to wonder where the wallpaper contest went. Now and Mainstreet, are you guys going to take turns with the poster and wallpaper contests. This contest is just as awesome as the wallpaper contest. I think both should be going on at the same time!!!:D Too much? Well, I look forward to the next contest so I can take part. Great entries everyone!:cool:

Yeah, the wallpaper contests will be back soon. They are "taking a break";) . Personally I think we could do them both at the same time, too.

As far as blocking Bdis's IP, it isn't really possible because of what you mentioned with the rotating IP addresses, but there are ways to tell its him.;) He's already tried to come back once and he was banned the same day. Steve will get em sooner or later, so don't worry!:)

NowInc

oooook..lets see if i can sort out some confusion::

First off...BDis has what we call a static IP...meaning no matter what..it doenst change. thats how I figured out who he was. Does this mean he cant come back? nope..but it means its easy for us to find all names he logs on as and immediatly ban them (such as was done with "goofydan" this morning)

second...Im actually going to plan more than 5 different contests that will be rotated as to add variety. Many details still need to be worked out..so for now its going to just be the wallpaper and poster ones.

Third...Im going to be making a special email specifically for the contests that will be used for the entries. I feel that being anonymous will really help keep things less "controversial"..even tho if someone still wants to cheat...they would just tell everyone to vote for #11 or something..since that would be theirs.

I am also going to suggest a whole "0 tolerence" policy to bad sportsmanship and vote swaying. The majority of "complaints" i get from these contests are from those 2 things..so im not sure..but im thinking of putting in a new rule that if you do either of them..you are disqualified. I really need to put more thought into it first tho...

Blah....see why i hate having to think?

Maria

I´m just concerned of MSU´s integrity being questionned... so make some rules for badmouthing with no reason! :D :animwink:

All right! Let´s keep voting and let the prettiest win! LOL! :lol:

NowInc

Well..actually..anyone who runs a contest will be trusted... Mainstreet and I have prooven in the past that we dont play favorites...and anyone who thinks we would stoop so low as to "alter" any entry that is submitted to us really needs to get their head examined. I trust MSU more than most people on here...he has been working with me "behind the scenes" to try and think of ways to keep these contests fair...so lets hope everyone else agrees ;)

Maria

Originally posted by NowInc
Well..actually..anyone who runs a contest will be trusted... Mainstreet and I have prooven in the past that we dont play favorites...and anyone who thinks we would stoop so low as to "alter" any entry that is submitted to us really needs to get their head examined. I trust MSU more than most people on here...he has been working with me "behind the scenes" to try and think of ways to keep these contests fair...so lets hope everyone else agrees ;)

I totally agree with you! So all those in favor, raise your hand! :wave:

TURKEY

:wave:

I don't know if you were planning doing this, I got tired of reading. Are you planning on posting them all individually or wait until voting to reveal them all?

Castle Cake Apologist

Just my two cents here (Not that that amounts to much) but if you make a "no-photos" rule, I just don't think that would be very fair. Mostly for two reasons, people who don't have artistic ability in that medium but still did their best would be outshadowed by those who do. And, not everybody in the world has a scanner. Some people wouldn't be able to put their work up. If you do a "No-photos" rule, I am definately out of this contest for good (And any others you assign this rule to). Altho, with all this controversy surrounding something that's supposed to be fun and the amount of negative posts showing up around the forums, added to the amount of negative "newbies" showing up around the forums, I'm considering leaving altogether... As many have thus far. (Bye bye Grizz!)

-Jake

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
maybe we should just close this thread and start over...what a mess this has gotten to be.....brain...hurts...:brick:

The_CEO

Why?? Voting ends in about 2 days and the votes would just turn out the way they are now. No one is just gonna CHANGE their mind just because bill started crap with the voting.. <- loooooong sentence..

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyExpert
Just my two cents here (Not that that amounts to much) but if you make a "no-photos" rule, I just don't think that would be very fair. Mostly for two reasons, people who don't have artistic ability in that medium but still did their best would be outshadowed by those who do. And, not everybody in the world has a scanner. Some people wouldn't be able to put their work up. If you do a "No-photos" rule, I am definately out of this contest for good (And any others you assign this rule to).

-Jake

I have to disagree for a couple of reasons. It doesn't take artistic ability to trace a photo with a photoediting program. Thats all I did with this SE poster. There are several available for free download off of the internet.

The other thing is this. I originally had this idea as a "new" and "different" contest. If we are all allowed to simply post a photograph with some text, then its exactly the same as the wallpaper contest, only a different size. Wallpaper is wallpaper and Ride Posters are Ride Posters. Wallpapers can be anything, Ride Posters are done in some artistic way, usually with reference from the real thing. Lets keep them both what they are.

I wish you would enter anyway and simply view it as a change and maybe even more of a challenge than the wallpaper contest. All of the wallpapers and posters I've seen so far suggest that everyone is capable of doing good work.

Bottom line, its supposed to be fun. If it won't be fun then something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom