Vote for Walt Disney!

goofyfan13

Thanks for the link! Good to know Walt got on there. There is however one particular individual who I have no idea why he made it one there seeing as how anti-American he really is. I'll refrain from saying any names though so I don't start any intense arguments.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
goofyfan13 said:
Thanks for the link! Good to know Walt got on there. There is however one particular individual who I have no idea why he made it one there seeing as how anti-American he really is. I'll refrain from saying any names though so I don't start any intense arguments.

Please say the name : ) Was wondering if you thought the same thing I did.

We need to make sure we keep this around so everyone votes in June.

MickMan

Original Poster
Walt Disney made the nomination list. That is awesome.:sohappy:

Dont forget to vote: http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

'Greatest American' premieres Sun., June 5 at 8PM ET on The Discovery Channel. We'll be counting down from the top 100 and asking you to vote via phone, SMS and online for your choice. For the first time in American television history that question will be answered by you, as we count down the top 100 Greatest Americans.

I am still going to vote for Walt Disney.

You can vote for who ever you wish and that is one thing that makes this country great.

goofyfan13

Thrawn said:
Please say the name : ) Was wondering if you thought the same thing I did.

We need to make sure we keep this around so everyone votes in June.

Since the name was just brought out, I'll say it, Michael Moore. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

That list is a little screwy. I respect the hell out of Pat Tillman's sacrifice, but was his life as a whole exemplary enough to make the Top 100 American lives ever led? I think a generic spot reserved for the American soldier would fit better than Pat.

Brett Favre? Seriously...Brett Favre? I didn't realize winning MVP's and one Super Bowl qualified as the stuff of legend. Brett Favre isn't even the greatest American quarterback of all time. :rolleyes:

Ben Franklin will get my vote when they open the polls (that old propagandist himself).

Sorry, Walt. I still love your parks. :wave:

imagineer boy

Yay! Walt Disney made it! But how the heck did Michael Jackson, Matha Stewart and Dr. Phil make it on there?! I wouldn't consider them americans.

goofyfan13

imagineer boy said:
Yay! Walt Disney made it! But how the heck did Michael Jackson, Matha Stewart and Dr. Phil make it on there?! I wouldn't consider them americans.

Yea, I was surprised that Michael Jackson made it on there, especially with what has been going on lately. Martha Stewart just baffles me.

Wilt Dasney

How about a general rule that anybody on the list should be dead before they can make it? I think that there's just too much "noise" that exists during a person's lifetime to allow us to make an accurate call about their place in history. Just my two Abe Lincolns...

Pongo

I haven't voted for Disney (yet) but when nominations were being accepted, Walt was second on my list.

Right behind Dr. Seuss, of course.

MickMan

Original Poster
Just another reason to vote. Make sure the person you vote for is higher up on the list than the ones you do not agree with.

MickMan

Original Poster
MickMan said:
Walt Disney made the nomination list. That is awesome.:sohappy:

Dont forget to vote: http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

'Greatest American' premieres Sun., June 5 at 8PM ET on The Discovery Channel. We'll be counting down from the top 100 and asking you to vote via phone, SMS and online for your choice. For the first time in American television history that question will be answered by you, as we count down the top 100 Greatest Americans.

I am still going to vote for Walt Disney.

You can vote for who ever you wish and that is one thing that makes this country great.

Dont forget to vote! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom