Virgin Temporary replacement. Confimed

Soarinluvr

Original Poster
Hey everyone just heard confirmation from my manager at DTD that going into Virgin from July to November will be a temporary exhibition Diana: The Peoples Princess. It will only be on the first floor and have some of her dresses and things that were put up at auction. Admission will be $14 for adults, $5 for children. Who knows what might move in after November only the future will tell. Now discuss...

wolf359

You know, that exhibit sounded like a dumb idea before it had an admission charge. Now, it just seems incredibly stupid.

I hope Disney collects all the rent in advance...

disney4life2008

This is the worst move by Disney since Stitic Celebration. I understand the love of Princess of Diana but do people even still care? This exhibit belongs on I-4 or Irlo Bronson. I refuse to waste my time at a museum at Disney. However, I would go if it was a Disney archive, exhibit. I would pay money for that. But Diana is NOT Disney related and this happened so long ago.

TP2000

I mean no disrespect to Princess Diana or her family, but this concept just sounds so cheesy and rather tacky, like a Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing and it would mean more to folks in Britain? But not only does it seem like a very poor fit thematically for Downtown Disney and WDW overall, it just seems like a downbeat and morbid idea for anywhere. And, it's just tacky. Someone in Team Disney Orlando management has odd taste.

You are on vacation and you are viewing clothes once worn by a woman who suffered a tragic death almost 15 years ago. Yay, that was fun! Hey kids, who wants to ride Thunder Mountain again!?! :eek:

SewIn2Disney

I actually saw this show about 10 years ago when it travelled to Atlantic City, NJ. My fashion class in HS went to see it---and from a fashion standpoint, it was an awesome trip and really fascinating.....but in DTD? Weird.:brick:

WDWFREAK53

Why not just move One Man's Dream there and have a lot more interactive areas. Maybe even set up his train set that he had in his backyard?...Or have a replica of the house he grew up in.

You could even have a "Build Your Own Animatronic" and build it on a computer. There could be a bunch of "parts" and you can add your own flair (like a Mr. Potatohead" but in Animatronic form.

Use the Multi-Plane camera to set up your own scene. Choose from 3-5 different "art cels" and put them together to create a unique animated environment with depth.

When you walk in...everything could be black and white...and as you walk through the "life of Walt Disney"...things would become more colored and bright.

yeti

:hurl::hurl::hurl::hurl:

Why not just move One Man's Dream there and have a lot more interactive areas. Maybe even set up his train set that he had in his backyard?...Or have a replica of the house he grew up in.

You could even have a "Build Your Own Animatronic" and build it on a computer. There could be a bunch of "parts" and you can add your own flair (like a Mr. Potatohead" but in Animatronic form.

Use the Multi-Plane camera to set up your own scene. Choose from 3-5 different "art cels" and put them together to create a unique animated environment with depth.

When you walk in...everything could be black and white...and as you walk through the "life of Walt Disney"...things would become more colored and bright.

If only.....:(

disneylad

relax people

i saw this exhibit years ago at kensington palace (where diana lived) in london. it was quite interesting. of course the palace itself is quite amazing so that helped.

anyway, this is a TEMPORARY thing until they figure out what will go there long term. and the proceeds are for a CHARITY.

if you don't want to see to you are free to stay away.

it amazes me how many people will spew out negative energy over such a small thing. it used to be a record store for gods sake. its not like its replacing it's a small world.

peace, love, mickey mouse

markjohns1

i saw this exhibit years ago at kensington palace (where diana lived) in london. it was quite interesting. of course the palace itself is quite amazing so that helped.

anyway, this is a TEMPORARY thing until they figure out what will go there long term. and the proceeds are for a CHARITY.

if you don't want to see to you are free to stay away.

it amazes me how many people will spew out negative energy over such a small thing. it used to be a record store for gods sake. its not like its replacing it's a small world.

peace, love, mickey mouse
Took the words right out of my mouth, except for the part about seeing the exhibit before. I really don't understand how it could possibly be in poor taste either. It's not like it's a display about the circumstances of her passing. It's a display of items she used to own and use (See: Disney Archives).

Do I want to see it? No. Does everything that goes into WDW have to cater to me? No. Curse the idea of filling vacant space...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
There is something incredibly tacky.. and rather morbid about displaying a dead persons clothing.

Defend it all you want.. it still wont change the fact that its pretty tacky and morbid (at least for DTD that is).

WDWFREAK53

There is something incredibly tacky.. and rather morbid about displaying a dead persons clothing.

Defend it all you want.. it still wont change the fact that its pretty tacky and morbid (at least for DTD that is).

(and even more tacky to make a profit off of it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom