Virgin Megastore

Mad Stitch

Why more sports, ESPN at Boardwalk, and Whatever it is a World of Sports (All Star Cafe?)

I can’t tell from your location, but I can speak from experience. When you’re at WDW from out of town and your team is in a big game, the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk is difficult to get to and there isn’t enough room. The only problem I see with an ESPN Zone is it may compete with Disney Quest.

CaptainMichael

To be honest, I'd rather West Side had never been built at all. To me, there's nothing there that really justifies that much of an expansion and the loss of Pleasure Island.

I agree. Westside is usually a ghost town on most nights anyway. I don't understand why Disney feels that they need one long shopping mall along Lake Buena Vista. That kinda of thing will only lose my business.

PaisleyMF

I can’t tell from your location, but I can speak from experience. When you’re at WDW from out of town and your team is in a big game, the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk is difficult to get to and there isn’t enough room. The only problem I see with an ESPN Zone is it may compete with Disney Quest.

You should see the Lobby Bar at the Dolphin and near the Java Bar at the Swan!!!

But then Again I am not a Sports fan, give me movies, music and books and we work!

pilka214

I hate to see Virgin go, what really seperated it from any other large electronics store is it's variety of music and movies, they had everything.

if me or my family needed a movie or dvd but couldn't find it at best buy, Virgin was sure to have it, they ahve everthing.

however looking at the space an ESPN zone would fit the best, ESPN zones are huge and would have no problem accomodating that space.... however it would be compeititon to DisneyQuest.

i guess we'll see....

Word is that it will be transformed into a east coast location owned and operated by Dennis Hoff. :lookaroun or maybe that will be in a Pleasure Island location. :lol:

I work in a little mall Apple Store near Manhattan....but I have a ton of friends who work in the flagship stores in NYC...they are HUGE!

I don't think the fact that they have a store in Orlando is going to make a difference...They have 3 giant stores in Manhattan and there is a rumor of them opening a 4th...

Isn't Disney World supposed to be twice the size of Manhattan?

When I'm vacationing in Disney, I don't go off property so it would be great to have an Apple Store in downtown! lol

krankenstein

What's next? Earl of Sandwich???

Shh!! They'll hear you!!

Maybe this is the way to go, use Apple to sponsor JiI instead of Kodak!!!

And on that like can you imagine Imageworks by Apple what it would look like... :ROFLOL:

And call it iWorks (ImageWorks)... Oh! got another idea, and with a partnership with ATT (and a return to Disney) have Giant working iPhones...

Headrush!!!!
:dazzle:

We're not worthy of your awesomeness!!! :lol:

PaisleyMF

One thing that I can say, every time I go to the Apple Stores at Millenia or Florida Mall, they are packed with tourist, buying lost of iPods an Laptops.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

CaptainMichael

Somewhere back there a previous poster refered to DTD as a mall along Lake Buena Vista... Thus the name game. :lol:
:wave:

From the Pleasure Island backstory:

The Pleasure family soon outgrew their showboat home. In 1918, they moved to a Bermuda-style mansion overlooking Lake Buena Vista (now known as the "Portobello Yacht Club"). However, Pleasure hadn't accounted for his own magpie impulses. Soon, the house was overflowing with booty collected from his exotic voyages. By 1920, the exasperated Mrs. Pleasure threatened to eject her husband from the house unless he found a place for the books and artifacts collected on his journeys.

Pleasure built himself a large library on the opposite side of the island. The place became the headquarters for "The Adventurer's Club," where Pleasure's zany band of yachting cronies and globe-trotting hangers-on swapped tall tales and displayed exotic souvenirs from their travels.

Testtrack321

There are 2 versions the regular Mall stores (like in Millenia Mall, Florida Mall and Altamote Springs Mall) and this are driving distance from Disney. And then there is the Flagship stores. Bigger and more awesome.
fifthavenue_gallery_image4.jpg
fifthavenue_gallery_image1.jpg

These stores have theaters and in house training for almost every thing you can do with the Apple brand. This is the Ideal place for an Apple Store.

No. No it's not. It's several time larger than ANY Apple store. I've been to the 5th Ave one and several others. They are large but not THAT large.

A simple Google search shows that the Virgin store is 49000 square feet. The largest known Apple Store in New Boston is 20000 square feet. Tada. And Apple has no motivation or reason to open an Apple Store in such a location. A significant amount of Apple Stores are located in major malls that can support them, in places that are still experiencing growth. And the flagship stores are in MAJOR cities around the world. Beijing, Ginza shopping district, NYC, London, Sydney, Chicago.

So of all locations, Orlando is next? You even said there are stores near by. IFOAppleStore has information (though somewhat old, but the rumors of an Apple Store go back farther than March of this year) on all proposed and planned Apple Stores. None mention anything new in the Orlando area. Apple Store in DTD is a fanboy wet dream at best.

Plus, why should Apple take over a failed location from another electronics retailer?

goodtimes5286

I gotta think that putting the ESPN zone in the former virgin is the right fit. What's something that doesn't go down when the economy's bad? ALCOHOL. It's something whose sales only go up (esp when people are depressed about there monetary situation, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me because I'd be saving my money :shrug:).

Also, the worse the economy the more people watch games instead of going to them and spending money on parking, tickets, expensive beer, foot, etc. They like that same atmosphere, but cheeper aka a sports bar. That area seams like the PERFECT fit because it's two story and there looks to be a lot of room,although they prob wont have an arcade and they'll have to have there receptionist area outside like the Rainforest Cafe, but no biggie because there arcades suck ne ways and as long as they put a T.V. outside on game days (like I've always watched when I was waiting in line outside) it'll be the PERFECT spot.

Plus more people know about DTD then the boardwalk. This might be strange from disney fanatics to hear but it's true. My whole family (except my dad) and my friends all have NEVER been to the boardwalk. So increasing exposure would also be good for the Disney economy (like "oh our ESPN zone in DTD is an hour wait, but the one on the boardwalk is no wait").

Apple has a connection but I just dont see them having THAT many items to take up all of that room, getting THAT much bussiness, or having people go to DTD to go the the apple store. Food places are a draw (because everyone has to eat) adding an apple store in another (smaller) location in DTD west side would be a plus that would likely do pretty good.

....just my two pennies....

Testtrack321

Plus more people know about DTD then the boardwalk. This might be strange from disney fanatics to hear but it's true.

This is something I STRONGLY agree with. While I think an ESPN Zone would better go into the old DisneyQuest (already has the games, all they have to do is covert a part of it to sports bar). ESPN Club was the test for the Zone, and with it now doing VERY well (and it has some really good food too!) I can see them bringing one to Disney and converting/closing the ESPN Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom