'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

PhotoDave219

True, but that wouldn't help anyone staying on property, probably. The main toll booth is not easy to get to unless you are coming directly from i4 or celebration.

Then you use Disney Transportation.

EVERYONE: Keep these Directions handy. To The Studio's Main Entrance from Property.

From Buena Vista Drive.... Turn onto Victory Way. (By Fire Station, towards Pop Century)
Turn Left at 2nd Light, Osceola Pkwy.

Either: Take I-4 west and then Exit 62, World Drive. Follow Signs. (longer)
Or: Turn right at International Drive South (Gaylord Palms), Turn right on 192 & Follow Signs. (shorter)

Mike S

So, with the dance party and appearance by Star Lord and Gamora pretty conclusively indicate that Guardians of the Galaxy is freely available for Disney to use in WDW? There might be issues with some of the bad guys in the film, but I would love to see them develop an attraction out of that franchise -- maybe in TL replacing Stich or Laugh Floor (with the latter moving to DHS)?
There's an empty space behind TL that's only a parking lot right now. That would be better than gutting yet another attraction for replacement in Magic Kingdom, an actual addition.

YodaMan

A few more quick comments:

In defense of Gamora, she stayed in character. I would not have expected her to smile. And the blurry pic I uploaded doesn't do any justice to Star Lord or Gamora in their full get-up. It was truly on point. I also feel like they were not supposed to be meeting with guests; it was more of a peace offering once they realized how poorly the event was going (like how they sent Cruella out to the dance party at the stage). And for the record, everyone was hitting on Star Lord, not Gamora. Just saying.

And forgot to mention earlier, but to try to right some wrongs they were also giving out some free swag throughout the night. By MuppetVision they were handing out Muppet pencils right and left and the DJ Igg Nite was handing out copies of Hercules on Blu Ray. Still doesn't make up for everything that happened, but they did at least make some efforts as the night went on.

PhotoDave219

A telling quote from Twitter ... "Every positive review of last night is from someone with media credentials to lose."

Maybe. I talked with 15 random people leaving the party last night, 12 had good experiences. The key problem seems to be the meet & greets.

Anyone who went into this with just wanting to enjoy all the shows, walk around, have fun, meet a few random characters, they seemed to have a great time.

Anyone who went into this looking to meet every rare character known to humanity.... well, their night sucked . Over five hours, a character M&G might be able to see as many as 1000 people. (5 hours, back to back, 30 seconds a group, figure 200 people/hr). There are 12000 people. People didnt temper their expectations accordingly.... and Disney didnt exactly set those expectations realistically either.

natatomic

Then you use Disney Transportation.

EVERYONE: Keep these Directions handy. To The Studio's Main Entrance from Property.

From Buena Vista Drive.... Turn onto Victory Way. (By Fire Station, towards Pop Century)
Turn Left at 2nd Light, Osceola Pkwy.

Either: Take I-4 west and then Exit 62, World Drive. Follow Signs. (longer)
Or: Turn right at International Drive South (Gaylord Palms), Turn right on 192 & Follow Signs. (shorter)

Unless you have your own car. Most - not all, but most - who drive to WDW probably skip the hell that is a Disney Bus. I know when I stay on property, I never, EVER use a bus. I did once, and I certainly learned my lesson: never again!

As for your directions, that IS how the detour was directing guests, but your directions are only half complete. Turning onto Osceola isn't gonna get you there - it's just going to take you to DAK or DAK lodge. After you turn onto Osceola, you have to then take the exit for World Drive heading south. You keep going until you're off property (about half a mile from I4), and then there's a blinking traffic light. Now, you can just do a U-turn and it'll get you to the main entrance of Studios in about a mile. But the detour wasn't directing people that way (probably because it isn't wise to have thousands of cars trying to make a U-turn at a blinking traffic light). The detour, instead, was having people turn right at the light, head down that back road for a couple of miles till they hit 192, onto which they'd turn right, then they'd drive about another mile to take the exit ramp for Disney, bringing them right back onto World Drive, just heading north this time, at which point they could just follow the signs for the main toll booth of Studios. The only way to get onto I4 to head west would be to catch I4 off of 536, which is accessible for some resorts. But many would have to go by way of Lake Buena Vista drive to get there, and with the amount of traffic heading to DD, I'm sure they didn't want to add to that headache if they didn't have to.

Horizons1

Isn't it funny how people are willing to pay a lot for a night of getting their picture taken with people in costumes? Or how about after spending all that money for a ticket, they are willing to stand in a line for hours to spend more money on a t-shirt...

TDO has got the greatest scam in the world. No wonder rides are so hard to come by now.

Clamman73

Isn't it funny how people are willing to pay a lot for a night of getting their picture taken with people in costumes? Or how about after spending all that money for a ticket, they are willing to stand in a line for hours to spend more money on a t-shirt...

TDO has got the greatest scam in the world. No wonder rides are so hard to come by now.

True, but I think some people scammed them right back by complaining to guest relations for their totally overblown troubles.

PhotoDave219

Unless you have your own car. Most - not all, but most - who drive to WDW probably skip the hell that is a Disney Bus. I know when I stay on property, I never, EVER use a bus. I did once, and I certainly learned my lesson: never again!

As for your directions, that IS how the detour was directing guests, but your directions are only half complete. Turning onto Osceola isn't gonna get you there - it's just going to take you to DAK or DAK lodge. After you turn onto Osceola, you have to then take the exit for World Drive heading south. You keep going until you're off property (about half a mile from I4), and then there's a blinking traffic light. Now, you can just do a U-turn and it'll get you to the main entrance of Studios in about a mile. But the detour wasn't directing people that way (probably because it isn't wise to have thousands of cars trying to make a U-turn at a blinking traffic light). The detour, instead, was having people turn right at the light, head down that back road for a couple of miles till they hit 192, onto which they'd turn right, then they'd drive about another mile to take the exit ramp for Disney, bringing them right back onto World Drive, just heading north this time, at which point they could just follow the signs for the main toll booth of Studios. The only way to get onto I4 to head west would be to catch I4 off of 536, which is accessible for some resorts. But many would have to go by way of Lake Buena Vista drive to get there, and with the amount of traffic heading to DD, I'm sure they didn't want to add to that headache if they didn't have to.

Turn left.

actioncookbook

Went to the event as a party of 5. Did the rides, saw the shows, met a roaming character or 2 and I had a great time. AP, FL resident, and life long Disney lover here. It all comes down to perception: if you wanted to have fun, you had fun. I'd go again, gladly. Have at me trolls though be forewarned I rarely post ;)

Fe Maiden

I'm with you. I'd imagine the same people bellyaching about M&Gs in FL are the same people paying through the nose and standing in line for hours to meet a villain. Not sure what the difference is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom