Villains to be Removed from Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade

Some of you crack me up. When things don't change and stay the same, you get upset. When things change and don't stay the same you get upset.

I’m not one to complain about any of the changes, or lack of changes, WDW has decided to make. I find it amusing when I read people complain about Disney removing something, and then also complain when Disney does decide to add something. That’s not what I’m doing here. I’m not complaining- I’m just upset. The Villain float and the performers have really given my trips the extra magic, for the past 8 years. I’m obviously a huge Villains fan, but I’m also a big Princess and Mickey fan too. The villains are my magic; they’re the little thing that makes my trips even more special.

I do understand Disney’s decision. I agree with the posts about Character Integrity as well. I have yet to see this parade live, only on sites like YouTube. I agree the Villains do not fit the show stop. The Evil Queen and Maleficent would never dance along and conform to the dancers and music. The performers playing the villains do a fantastic job though. My biggest problem is that the float is part of the parade. Disney has been using this horrific parade for the past 8 years. There is no excuse for that. I’ve seen (not live) what they could do with a parade if they really wanted to. Tokyo and Paris have immersive, beautiful, jaw dropping parades. There is no excuse for WDW’s laziness. If they’re going to keep recycling a parade over and over, year through year, then they should at least keep the parade units; they’re part of the parade. The floats are beginning to show their age; not only physically but also by their collection of characters. I knew one day this parade would end and I’d have to say goodbye to the Villains float. I’m upset because the float is part of the parade, and it should stay there.

I think the dancers for the parade are wonderful, and they do a fantastic job. At the same time I think the parade needs more characters interacting with the guests and not flamboyant dancers in rainbow costumes. Obviously, because of the show stop, the dancers are a necessary part of the parade, but the majority of families watch parade to see characters. Although I’m sad to see the float go, if its removal welcomes more characters and a better show-stop then it is welcome. I just think there are better ways to accomplish this, especially since the ‘Move, Shake It, Celebrate it in the Streets’ is very character driven.

I just wish Creative Entertainment (or whoever creates the parades) would have thought of this before they changed the parade from ‘Disney’s Dreams Come True’ to ‘Celebrate A Dream come True’. It makes no sense, in my mind, to spend all that money on creating new music and paying for characters voices if it’s all going to be removed. I’m not complaining, I was just upset.

And to the person who is taking a Disney Cruise or going to Disneyland instead of WDW; so you are basically still giving the company your money, just giving it to a different department. I think Mickey can live with that. I'm not discounting your complaint, but it doesn't really hurt Mickey's pockets in anyway and is therefore, not making a statement.

That person was me. I’m 19 and a college Student. I don’t pay for our trips, my parents do. We’re very fortunate that we can visit WDW a few times a year, despite living in upstate New York. I understand we would still be giving the Walt Disney Company money, but it would be going directly to the Walt Disney World Resort. We usually always stay at the Grand Floridian, and the majority of the times at Concierge Level. I just felt that I’d prove my point if we decided to vacation elsewhere. I know it sounded silly, but it made me feel better. As I said, I was upset at first, but I’m not any longer. My family and I will visit WDW this summer, and we’ll also go on the cruise as well. I was just upset at first. I realize it was silly, but it made me feel better.

SoccerMickey

I just personally don't think the show stop fits in this parade. If you remember the original show stop parades: Lion King Celebration, Remember the Magic, and Block Party Bash all have very interactive show stops. This one is not, which, to me, makes it very pointless.
As for character integrity, there is one Cruella who really does a good job keeping the integrity of not getting too caught up in the "celebrating" and does it while staying in character. As for the other villains, I don't really know because I just enjoy watching her.

mm52200

Sooooo do we have any more information on when this is happening, what characters are coming in place of the cut float? It hasn't already happened has it?

Does anyone know when the parade changes are going to be made, and exactly what kind of changes are coming? I would really like to plan a trip to see the Villains last day, but I need to know some time in advance.

I actually didn’t see the parade listed on the WDW calendar for May and June, so I e-mailed guest services. They replied:
Dear Michael,
Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort. Throughout all of May the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade is in the Magic Kingdom everyday - Performance Time is 3:00PM . If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.
Sincerely,
Bano Carlos
WDW Online Communications

I thought maybe may was when the parade was going to undergo its changes and therefore not listed on the calendar.

goodtimes5286

That person was me. I’m 19 and a college Student. I don’t pay for our trips, my parents do. We’re very fortunate that we can visit WDW a few times a year, despite living in upstate New York. I understand we would still be giving the Walt Disney Company money, but it would be going directly to the Walt Disney World Resort. We usually always stay at the Grand Floridian, and the majority of the times at Concierge Level. I just felt that I’d prove my point if we decided to vacation elsewhere. I know it sounded silly, but it made me feel better. As I said, I was upset at first, but I’m not any longer. My family and I will visit WDW this summer, and we’ll also go on the cruise as well. I was just upset at first. I realize it was silly, but it made me feel better.
lucky ducky

Gorjus

Yes the villian float is being removed.
Apparently the show director will be a new one.
They are adding the Tremaines to the front of the princess float.
Everyone is back to rehearsals next week so they can learn the new show.
They may do a new casting or tweek the one they have since there are changes being made.

All of the above statements are rumors and nothing at Disney is confirmed till you see it performed.

lucky ducky

Omm thank you, lol

Yes the villian float is being removed.
Apparently the show director will be a new one.
They are adding the Tremaines to the front of the princess float.
Everyone is back to rehearsals next week so they can learn the new show.
They may do a new casting or tweek the one they have since there are changes being made.

All of the above statements are rumors and nothing at Disney is confirmed till you see it performed.

Thanks! I knew they were removing the Villains (hence the thread, lol). I am glad to see that more characters are being added to the route. Do you know exactly when the parade changes will take place, and when the Villain float will be removed?? As I said earlier, I'm trying to book a trip down to WDW to see the Villains final day, but I need some advanced notice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gorjus

I would get here as soon as possible. I don't know the exact date. Some entertainers seem to think it will start when the new bid starts in May. I'm sure someone else has more information than I do.

goodtimes5286

I was wondering (im just curious i dont wanna ________ anyone off), am i the only one that doesnt watch the parades? B/c the lines go down a LOT and I can never get from one side of the park to the other when the parades going on (it's sorta irritating but my fault for being ignorant of the parade times)

DisneyDellsDude

I was wondering (im just curious i dont wanna ________ anyone off), am i the only one that doesnt watch the parades? B/c the lines go down a LOT and I can never get from one side of the park to the other when the parades going on (it's sorta irritating but my fault for being ignorant of the parade times)

But I like being blockaded off into Adventureland...:lol:

We watch parades once and awhile - if they are of my taste.
I like my parades traditional, with some added flair.:D

talfonso

In the parade, I don't think it matters that much. There really isn't a "story" to the parade that requires a good 'n evil kind of link.

It would be tragic if they removed them from shows, such as Fantasmic! and Dream Along With Mickey. They are an integral part of the whole story. I also think it would take away from SpectroMagic without villains.

I'd second that, mate!

EPCOT Explorer

I've seen a Disney DAY Parade 4 times.

Once in 93 on my first trip. One in 98 for the Mulan Parade (Huge fan of the movie) One because I marched down MSUSA in XMas of 2006 and the last one was ToN @ EPCOT.

:lol:

Nope, you are not the only one.
Night Parades are different though...MSEP and S are ALWAYS watched.

hpyhnt 1000

I've seen a Disney DAY Parade 4 times.

Once in 93 on my first trip. One in 98 for the Mulan Parade (Huge fan of the movie) One because I marched down MSUSA in XMas of 2006 and the last one was ToN @ EPCOT.

Nope, you are not the only one.
Night Parades are different though...MSEP and S are ALWAYS watched.

:eek: You only saw ToN ONCE??? Wow, did you miss out; that parade defintiely had to be viewed at least a couple times to be fully appreciated. I still miss it... :(

I think May 3rd is the first official version of the new Day Parade.

I just wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated!

Unfortunately, my family and I can’t make it down to Orlando so soon. I know to some this may sound odd, but the Villains Float was that extra magic for me that made WDW just a little extra special. If anyone knows the Villains “friends” please thank them for the great memories! The Queen and Cruella (from 2008-2009) have totally made it worthwhile.

I think I’ve sat for that parade 15 times since Last August, and countless times since 2001. Those cast members really put on a performance! If anyone could take pictures of the parades last day it would be greatly appreciated! I’ll miss my villains, but new characters for the kids to interact with will make it worthwhile.

iheartdisney91

theres not enough disney villians in WDW as it is, now they are making their appearances less? ugg....... why? this seems like a really random thing to cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom