Villains to be Removed from Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade

I believe the reason for the unit being removed was a budget thing...If they remove the entire Villain unit, they are now able to incorprate more fur characters into the parade. So in a way the guests get what they want with more characters and character interaction!

Space Mountain

I really don't know what to think if this actually happens....The parade is great the way it is now..Removing that float would just bring the street entertainment closer to each other during the show stop...

drew81

I believe the reason for the unit being removed was a budget thing...If they remove the entire Villain unit, they are now able to incorprate more fur characters into the parade. So in a way the guests get what they want with more characters and character interaction!

Do you know what fur characters they are adding?

Everyone has something about the parks they love. I read these boards every day and I always hate how people complain left and right about everything. Now I realize why, and it’s my turn to complain. I never thought I’d be so upset over a float in a parade, but I’m literally devastated. My family and I have been visiting WDW several times a year for years and this float is something I’ve always loved. It was one of the things I’ve always looked forward to. I really can’t even describe how upset I am. This was definitely the best part of the parade, for me. The cast on this float was always a lot of fun to interact with, especially Cruella and the Evil Queen- they made some great memories.

I just don’t understand why, after they went through all the trouble and money to record new music and the Queen’s dialogue, that’d they cut the unit. With Disney there’s always a reason, but if they were planning to remove the float they should have done it while the parade made its transition from the ‘Dreams Come True Parade’ to the ‘Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade’. It just seems like a big waste of money. I never thought I’d say this, especially because of a float in the parade, but I’m really fed up with management and those who make these stupid decisions. I guess, for me, it was never just another float in a parade.

Trust me the cast who is affected is upset at this change... As for the new characters...I have heard a few of teh DDCT characthers may be coming back.

SoccerMickey

This might be another instance in where Disney only half listens to what guests want. If people are complaining that there aren't enough fur characters in the parade, they might be adding them in replace of the villains as opposed to replacing the countless number of dancers wearing the 1971 costumes.

Trust me the cast who is affected is upset at this change...

I feel bad the performers. They truly went above and beyond. In the past year I’ve always seen the same three friends playing Cruella and The Evil Queen. They were truly amazing, and have given my family some great memories. I know you’re a dancer in the parade, but if you know the Evil Queen and Cruella please tell them thank you for always making the parade worthwhile!

Does anyone know if the Villains will be around the park to meet, now that their float has been axed?

Scooter

I'd be willing to bet this is purely a cost cutting measure.
Less characters in the parade=less budget $$$

With the exception of a few die hard Villain lovers Disney Execs probably figure that park guests won't be too upset as long as they get to see their happy, smiley characters like Mickey,Minnie, Goofy, Winnie the Pooh, etc.

I would imagine only a minute portion of Disney Fans will not go to Disney World or will stop watching the parade just because the bad guys don't show up.

Just my thoughts

WDW1974

I'd be much happier if they removed the villains from TDO ... they do far more evil in an afternoon then their character breathren in a foamhead parade!

~Playing the Evil Queen: Phil Holmes!~

CaptainMichael

I would imagine only a minute portion of Disney Fans will not go to Disney World or will stop watching the parade just because the bad guys don't show up.

Just my thoughts

Eventually, enough of the little things will be gone to where people will start to notice.

I've already reached my breaking point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom