News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Schmidt

ROTR would probably be considered the greatest thing Disney Parks ever did if they hadn’t rushed it and made it in a way that causes it to brake down constantly.

Unfortunately it had to be rushed because everyone complained about how long it was taking.
ROTR is just fine and the area is unbelievable and stunning. It wasn't rushed. It works great. It goes down from time to time. I get it. Its never happened to me and I've been on it alot.
Starwars land needs shows, and characters. I'll give you that.

Marionnette

Villains land won't be too much for children. It will be for children who LIKE thrills and scares. There are many kids that want thrills and don't want to feel treated like babies. The villains land would cater to them as well as teens and adults.
It won't matter if the height requirement is too tall for them. The high-thrill coasters like Velocicoaster, which so many seem to want, have height restrictions of 51" or even taller, which kids hit around 9+ years old.

JD80

I posted this in the Monsters Inc thread, but I'll pose this question here.

We're getting the RoA replaced with Cars, then Villainsland behind it (speculatively inside the tracks). Have we considered that since it was announced all of this has a 5 year lead time, and that Disney has mentioned 10 years worth of investment that everything beyond the berm, beyond big thunder outside existing areas is slated for the back half of the decade so that's why certain things have to be done first?

Food for thought.

ednamodedarling

We're getting the RoA replaced with Cars, then Villainsland behind it (speculatively inside the tracks). Have we considered that since it was announced all of this has a 5 year lead time, and that Disney has mentioned 10 years worth of investment that everything beyond the berm, beyond big thunder outside existing areas is slated for the back half of the decade so that's why certain things have to be done first?

Food for thought.
This was my thinking as well. Still rooting for Moana, Coco (& the beauty and the beast attraction pls!!)

Phicinfan

Food for thought.
Its been hinted around. Its believed there potentially could be more coming. But Disney has a strong history of not following through on those long term plans

JD80

Its been hinted around. Its believed there potentially could be more coming. But Disney has a strong history of not following through on those long term plans

Any company changes 10 year plans, especially since Disney will get a new CEO and who knows economic/pandemic/geopolitical events may transpire. But you've got to plan something. Seems to me this is the case.

Phicinfan

Any company changes 10 year plans, especially since Disney will get a new CEO and who knows economic/pandemic/geopolitical events may transpire. But you've got to plan something. Seems to me this is the case.
or they SHOULD be planning that way. Considering we have heard from many insiders talk of RoA being take out almost twice in last 10 years, an HoP also at risk multiple times, it would assume to mean there is some kind of long term plans

Ghost93

It won't matter if the height requirement is too tall for them. The high-thrill coasters like Velocicoaster, which so many seem to want, have height restrictions of 51" or even taller, which kids hit around 9+ years old.
Those short kids still have the rest of the park. Nothing is being taken away from them, this is an expansion.

Besides, think of all of the older kids and teens who feel alienated by Dumbo the Flying Elephant or the Jedi Training that's only allowed for young children?

LSLS

Those short kids still have the rest of the park. Nothing is being taken away from them, this is an expansion.

Besides, think of all of the older kids and teens who feel alienated by Dumbo the Flying Elephant or the Jedi Training that's only allowed for young children?
Agree, if it was a replacement like everywhere else that was announced, I'd see the concern. But this is just straight add on, which means they aren't losing a thing. I think I'd be a bit surprised if it was that high (tallest at Disney currently is 48 inches, correct?), but I don't think they need to limit the height on this one, especially if whatever else goes in this are is not height restricted.

Marionnette

Nothing being taken away? So the RoA and TSI aren't on the chopping block?

Dumbo has no height restriction and Jedi Training isn't in MK. I find it hard to believe that older kids are "alienated" by Dumbo. Try harder.

Ghost93

Nothing being taken away? So the RoA and TSI aren't on the chopping block?

Dumbo has no height restriction and Jedi Training isn't in MK. I find it hard to believe that older kids are "alienated" by Dumbo. Try harder.
ROA and TSI are being mostly replaced by Cars, which will be for children. Villain Land will occupy unbuilt space and the northern portion of ROA.

Nickm2022

Wonder how they will reroute/update the Mansion queue and site lines. Especially the sidelines of Big Thunder compared to the dark and daunting black rocks of Villains we see in the concept art. I know it's not apart of Villains but HM is going to be a transition like Tianas to New Orleans Square. Anyone now how the WDW railroad will fit into this, will it go behind or infront, or will they build a tunnel like at DL.

Quietmouse

Ideally villains land needs to hold the delicate balance between appealing to the older crowd but also the younger crowd.

There are plenty of 5-6 year old that love villains, especially boys, but that being said those who are advocating for this to be an older experience are really essentially going against Disney MO .

Definitely think there will one e ticket coaster, and I know the concept art hints a maleficent type of thrill of ride.

The next ride definitely be a dark ride/boat ride, that’s accessible for kids as well.

It’s easy to say let’s make a land devoted to roller coaster and adults. The problem still stands that kids enjoy villains as much as adults do, so there is definitely a delicate balance between catering to teenagers/young adults but not creating a land that’s so scary and have no rides that make inaccessible to your core demographic (young kids and older grandparents) so they can’t experience the land what so ever.

That’s why I think it’s definitely include one major e ticket coaster, one more type of dark ride/boat ride showcasing all of the classic villains that are accessible to families, some younger rides for small children and maybe some haunted walk thru castle experiences.

Ghost93

There are plenty of 5-6 year old that love villains, especially boys, but that being said those who are advocating for this to be an older experience are really essentially going against Disney MO .

Definitely think there will one e ticket coaster, and I know the concept art hints a maleficent type of thrill of ride.

The next ride definitely be a dark ride/boat ride, that’s accessible for kids as well.

It’s easy to say let’s make a land devoted to roller coaster and adults. The problem still stands that kids enjoy villains as much as adults do, so there is definitely a delicate balance between catering to teenagers/young adults but not creating a land that’s so scary and have no rides that make inaccessible to your core demographic (young kids and older grandparents) so they can’t experience the land what so ever.

That’s why I think it’s definitely include one major e ticket coaster, one more type of dark ride/boat ride showcasing all of the classic villains that are accessible to families, some younger rides for small children and maybe some haunted walk thru castle experiences.
I think the Haunted Mansion is the right type of balance for both spooky and fun that that villain's land should strive for. Maybe one of the E-tickets could be Tower of Terror-esque in tone, but I think Haunted Mansion is the best type of vibe for the overall land.

The Meet and Greets can be reminiscent of those seen at the Oogie Boogie Bash in Disneyland.

TrainsOfDisney

6DBF0070-421A-42C7-B5F7-1DE36A3A7E16.jpeg

Rough outline of current fireworks fallout - just to give some idea of where Villians is likely to end up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom