News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

necott99

It’s really not needed.

1 incredible coaster won’t change magic kingdoms perception.

If anything it will be net negative. Young parents are disneys biggest demographic, along with older grandparents. They want to be able to ride the rides with their 4 year old. That’s the appeal of Disney.

When you start creating a line up of rides with height restrictions as well as restrictions for the older population that have high blood pressure/spinal issues/heart disease then your excluding 2 major demographics for Disney for the appeasement of 1 - teens and young adults.

But ultimately that was never Disney focus, and to start now would be fruitless as one major coaster won’t all of sudden swing perception pendulum.
100% agree with this. If WDI is trying to play catch-up with Universal and begin appealing to the teen/young adult demographic in 2024, then they are setting themselves up for failure, and it will bite them swiftly. If everyone recalls, WDI attempted to "mature" the Parks back in the late 80s-90s with the introduction of Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Body Wars, Dinosaur, RNRC, ToT, Alien Encounter, etc. Everyone loves/loved these attractions, and they're certainly more thrilling than your Fantasyland dark rides, but their introduction did not alter the perception of the Parks as family friendly first, and thrilling second (or maybe even third or fourth). That's because being accesible and NOT thrilling is woven into the fabric of the Parks' being - if WDI ever wanted to pretend that this wasn't the case, it would ultimately alienate much of its customers who trust Disney to provide family friendly, but quality, entertainment.

erasure fan1

I don’t think they would not do I think they should. They don’t need coasters that intense at WDW.

Cosmic Rewind is IMHO about the perfect level of intensity they should aim for with this coaster.
You are right on the money. I've said in the past, Disney doesn't need a bunch of hyper coasters all over the place. Cosmic and Everest are as intense as you need. What makes a Disney coaster special, is not its intensity level. Its the emersion you get from riding it. That's why I say cosmic is fun, but it's nothing special overall. If a villain coaster can blend the thrill of cosmic with the attention to detail and theme of 7 Dwarfs and everest, they will have something special. No hyper coaster needed.

Mike S

You are right on the money. I've said in the past, Disney doesn't need a bunch of hyper coasters all over the place. Cosmic and Everest are as intense as you need. What makes a Disney coaster special, is not its intensity level. Its the emersion you get from riding it. That's why I say cosmic is fun, but it's nothing special overall. If a villain coaster can blend the thrill of cosmic with the attention to detail and theme of 7 Dwarfs and everest, they will have something special. No hyper coaster needed.
I was really going by the art which looks pretty crazy at the back and how it travels through that canyon at the front of the art. It just reminded me of Velocicoaster but maybe it would be closer to Taron at Phantasialand.

montyz81

So in this Villians land, do they plan on including audio animatronics of Bob Iger, Bob Chapek, and Josh D’Amaro and any of the imagineers that came up with some of the plans for these new attractions? Maybe they should include the Walt Disney Animatronic being beat up by the Iger animatronic! That’s what many of these new changes feel like!

Mike S

So in this Villians land, do they plan on including audio animatronics of Bob Iger, Bob Chapek, and Josh D’Amaro and any of the imagineers that came up with some of the plans for these new attractions? Maybe they should include the Walt Disney Animatronic being beat up by the Iger animatronic! That’s what many of these new changes feel like!
Remember that South Park scene with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg *doing things* to Indiana Jones?

Ghost93

This is really the biggest issue for Disney. Even they did build one coaster that was intense enough to interest big coaster enthusiasts, one just isn't enough. Most of them aren't going to go to ride just one attraction when there are numerous other parks that offer many, so it likely wouldn't be a massive draw for that demographic.

They're really too far behind to catch up to other parks for that demographic, unless they wanted to solely invest in monster coasters for several new attractions in multiple parks. But that wouldn't do much to help capacity for their core audience, while attracting more guests solely for those coasters, so it would potentially cause more problems than it would solve.

Their best bet if they really wanted that market would be to build a 5th gate that mainly revolved around big coasters, but I don't think that would be worth the investment for Disney.
Villains land won't be too much for children. It will be for children who LIKE thrills and scares. There are many kids that want thrills and don't want to feel treated like babies. The villains land would cater to them as well as teens and adults.

Erdago

wow... so there are no plans currently to connect the expansion areas and still have the dead end?
Unless I’m misunderstanding your point, I believe the existence of the Cars area replacing the Rivers would also fix the dead end (since you’d be able to cross from Big Thunder to Haunted Mansion via the Cars land instead of walking around the Rivers. It’s a very inelegant solution, and one I’m not enthused about, but it should resolve the dead ends the Rivers create.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Unless I’m misunderstanding your point, I believe the existence of the Cars area replacing the Rivers would also fix the dead end (since you’d be able to cross from Big Thunder to Haunted Mansion via the Cars land instead of walking around the Rivers. It’s a very inelegant solution, and one I’m not enthused about, but it should resolve the dead ends the Rivers create.
Ah ok that’s right. I was thinking more about villains land

Yellow Strap

I mean the name of the land has been right in front of us this whole time!
;)

1723732347987.png

DCLcruiser

Villains land won't be too much for children. It will be for children who LIKE thrills and scares. There are many kids that want thrills and don't want to feel treated like babies. The villains land would cater to them as well as teens and adults.
I don't expect it to be scary at all. More medieval than spooky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom