News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I mean they could work something out but idk.
I think Jack from DSNY has been suggesting docking it at Grand Floridian and I hope that's what happens because that feels like it's the easiest to do since they just have to take it out of The rivers of America and bring it out to seven seas lagoon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is Cars Piston peak different from what is being proposed to be built?
Nah. It seems that the setting of the Cars mini-land will be Piston Peak as seen in the Cars-adjacent movie, Planes.

See in this thread...

Jack ( @IveBeenJack ) has a great video on the Piston Peak Cars rides.

Important point is that it's modeled after national parks, like Yosemite (on which Piston Peak from Planes is modeled). National parks keep the wildness of "the natural fontier." Tho, one wouldn't find off road racing in a national park since that goes against the purpose of national parks....

Maybe it's more a Chester and Hester thing in the untamed West!!

He also has much higher definition concept art that shows the land and the ride paths better (and water features!!).

Nickm2022

I know some of you may not like this idea but if Disney wants to make money and are looking for a way to keep the liberty bell, make it into a restaurant. It's not like you have to worry about it moving if it's permenatly docked behind Big Thunder or something. Plus the vibe of the restaurant would work near Tiana's too.

For the villains land bordering cars/thunder, my idea is having fake rocks resembling Red Rocks and Garden of the Gods in Colorado. The one side can be the orangish red that matches Cars and Thunder and the other can be the dark black as seen in the concept art. Plus this helps with sightlines and blends things together better imo.

James Alucobond

I know some of you may not like this idea but if Disney wants to make money and are looking for a way to keep the liberty bell, make it into a restaurant. It's not like you have to worry about it moving if it's permenatly docked behind Big Thunder or something. Plus the vibe of the restaurant would work near Tiana's too.
I don’t think it’s that people would dislike it; it’s that it’s not outfitted for food service and would likely be very difficult, expensive, and impractical to convert. You’d probably be better off building something new that looks like a steamboat but is actually a building rather than attempting a retrofit.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t think it’s that people would dislike it; it’s that it’s not outfitted for food service and would likely be very difficult, expensive, and impractical to convert.
Compared to other Disney projects? Not really. Doesn’t mean it will happen of course.

Everything about WDW is difficult, expensive and impractical when you think about it.

Animaniac93-98

For me, part of the appeal of the riverboat is that it moves and goes somewhere, even if it's on a track and only for about 15 minutes. Like the WDWRR, that makes it a novelty in a time when working riverboats are not common.

Having the boat docked somewhere would preserve the vessel, but retrofitted or not, it would just become another prop.

I'd sooner have the Empress Lilly, WDW's existing riverboat restaurant, returned to her former glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom