News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Marionnette

I honestly disagree - I think it adds the most value to MK by adding something it doesn’t currently have. Adult only trips are becoming more common, and these guests are more likely to skip MK or spend less time there.

This brings them to MK, while also not taking anything away from kids who can still have the same experience as before and skip this section. I just hope the layout of the lands has the kid friendly Cars rides close enough so that people with young kids who don’t want to go can find a balance (since Big Thunder and Tiana’s IMO are rather on their own and can be tricky for families with kids below the height requirement)
But as the most visited park of the four, wouldn't it make more sense to improve the draw of the other 3 as opposed to increasing the draw to the MK?

nickys

Premium Member
I never thought I’d experience a D23 where I had no notes?!?! This is all just so exciting, and a perfect response to all the overseas expansions that had me seething with jealousy.
All the overseas expansions?

What Paris got was confirmation that LK is replacing Star Wars.

Oh, and an opening date for Frozen that’s ridiculous given how far along they seem to be.

That’s it. Nothing more. Adventure Way is getting “finishing touches” right now. Arendelle has been visible for over a year.

DisneyLee74

Hopefully that is true, but he also gave next to no specifics about it. Didn't he also say that the Coco ride would break ground in 2026? When they start talking about projects in those kind of timelines, history tells you to be wary.
They may have already started this expansion. There have been cranes visible behind BTM for the past few weeks. Disney recently rerouted the Magnolia golf course near The Polynesian to expand the roadway behind MK and the buzz was for better access to the expansion pads.

Mark Dunne

This is great news, to be honest jm not that interested in the D23 movie and D+ headlines, but these are truly magical attractions, I’m a happy man at 53, well done ! We have something to look forward to, in fact many things, the only downer is TTBAB looks like it’s disappearing , there’s nothing better than when a child’s being a brat outside with the poor ole parents , bringing them in hear, then watching those spiders get unleashed , priceless !! Sorry just having a bit of fun . All in all good news 🎉

doctornick

Even though the Black Cauldron wasn't a great movie, aesthetically, the Horned King and cauldron born fit in very well with a spooky villains land. I don't think they will get their own ride, but they could cameo in an attraction featuring several villains. And as I pointed out earlier, the Horned King was featured a couple of times in the announcement video Disney published for the villain land last night.

The obscurity of the character wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. For the average park guest, the Horned King may be viewed as a Parks original character.
They used Horned King in one of the Villainous game expansions which I always thought was a deep cut for that.

Ghost93

They used Horned King in one of the Villainous game expansions which I always thought was a deep cut for that.
I feel the hatred the Disney company has historically had for the Black Cauldron has greatly diminished which is why we may be seeing some more small references to it here and there. Next year will be the film's 40th anniversary. While the movie may have one endangered Disney animation forever, it's definitely water under the bridge at this point. Almost everyone involved with he movie's troubled production and the drama behind Katenzenburg hacking up the movie is no longer with the company.

doctornick

All the overseas expansions?

What Paris got was confirmation that LK is replacing Star Wars.

Oh, and an opening date for Frozen that’s ridiculous given how far along they seem to be.

That’s it. Nothing more. Adventure Way is getting “finishing touches” right now. Arendelle has been visible for over a year.
Didn’t they announce Marvel additions to both of the China parks?

erasure fan1

But as the most visited park of the four, wouldn't it make more sense to improve the draw of the other 3 as opposed to increasing the draw to the MK?
We're at a point that we need both. MK will always be the largest draw of all the parks so you need more there. At the same time the studios and AK are just egregiously under capacity. Personally I think villains land was a very smart addition. But I would have dumped cars from MK and instead added another major ride in Epcot or preferably a second new ride in AK. Indy isn't new capacity.

DisneyHead123

The whole point is to give the older kids and teens dragged to the Magic Kingdom something to do.
I’m not convinced that’s the way to go. Universal is creating a park exclusively for littles, after all.

In my dream universe Disney would do the opposite and create a gate really geared towards older kids. Maybe put some Fortnite stuff there as well if they have the right. I don’t know that having one older kids area in MK is going to increase interest for otherwise uninterested teens.

CentralFLlife

They may have already started this expansion. There have been cranes visible behind BTM for the past few weeks. Disney recently rerouted the Magnolia golf course near The Polynesian to expand the roadway behind MK and the buzz was for better access to the expansion pads.
The roads were re routed & expanded b/c a significant amount of people now live immediately north of WDW and it serves as a main entrance onto property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom