News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Ghost93

How is the entry into Villains Land going to work? So many questions lol
I think that the back half of Rivers of America will go away and people will be able to access it with a (renamed) Tom Sawyer's island. The water will remain for aesthetic reasons and to maintain the illusion of an island, but there won't be boat rides circling around it.

Soluna16

I think that the back half of Rivers of America will go away and people will be able to access it with a (renamed) Tom Sawyer's island. The water will remain for aesthetic reasons and to maintain the illusion of an island, but there won't be boat rides circling around it.

There's also certainly going to be an entrance by that weird dead-end bathroom next to Pinocchio Village Haus

DCLcruiser

I need to go rewatch. Did he say two MAJOR attractions, or just two attractions?
"The new land will encompass all your dreams- er, nightmares. The space will be home to two major attractions, dining, and shopping on an incredibly twisted grand scale."

lunchbox1175

I honestly disagree - I think it adds the most value to MK by adding something it doesn’t currently have. Adult only trips are becoming more common, and these guests are more likely to skip MK or spend less time there.

This brings them to MK, while also not taking anything away from kids who can still have the same experience as before and skip this section. I just hope the layout of the lands has the kid friendly Cars rides close enough so that people with young kids who don’t want to go can find a balance (since Big Thunder and Tiana’s IMO are rather on their own and can be tricky for families with kids below the height requirement)
I agree, if it wasn't for Tron, the MK wouldn't be a must do for me on my trips, i was at the point i was doing half day at AK for Everest and half day at MK for Tron/PPL Mover. This makes it much more interesting.

Ghost93

I wonder if Black Cauldron will get any recognition. They could reuse the Horned King animatronic and elements from the Tokyo castle tour.
Even though the Black Cauldron wasn't a great movie, aesthetically, the Horned King and cauldron born fit in very well with a spooky villains land. I don't think they will get their own ride, but they could cameo in an attraction featuring several villains. And as I pointed out earlier, the Horned King was featured a couple of times in the announcement video Disney published for the villain land last night.

The obscurity of the character wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. For the average park guest, the Horned King may be viewed as a Parks original character.

Brian

I'm sure this point was made sometime during the last 20+ years of the 'Villains land'/'Dark Kingdom' speculation, but I'll say it here: one of the things that routinely comes up on GSATs is that in the teenage boy demographic, MK is a snoozefest. This land, if the rides turn out well, can do wonders for that demographic, and can lead to greater appeal for the park overall to families with teenagers, who more and more, are foregoing MK for a(nother) day at Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom