News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

I wasn’t a big fan of “themed restaurants at the entrance of parks” idea anyways - does anyone still eat at the Rainforest Cafe at DAK?

Now if it had actually gotten built it could have been a cool addition to Downtown Disney.

I actually ate breakfast at that Rainforest Cafe last time I was there, although that wasn't planned. We were just hungry when we got to the park and noticed they served breakfast. It was actually pretty good, too.

I've always been a fan of Rainforest Cafe, though. Kitschy, but in a fun way.

Gusey

This is a good point and many will counter that a lot of this we're victims of covid. But Disney has a bad history of not doing things they have fully announced that were shovel ready. During the Eisner years with the Disney decade we can add the following announced projects that never happened:
Russia pavilion for World showcase
Switzerland pavilion for World showcase
Baby Herman's baby buggy ride at Hollywood studios
The Muppet movie Ride at Hollywood studios
Mickey's movieland also on Hollywood studios.
The only difference this time is that with the Disney Decade, they announced 30+ new attractions, hotels and theme parks to open between 1990 and 1999, and the majority of those supposed to open in the first 5 years were built in the decade, if adapted (Toontown, Indiana Jones attraction, New Tomorrowland, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Playground, Splash Mountain @ WDW, The Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, Tower of Terror & Sunset Boulevard, New Orleans French Quarter, Dixie Landings, Wilderness Lodge, DVC, Animal Kingdom, Disneyland 2nd gate)

This time we've had only 5 years announced and 15 projects set to open (Walt Disney animatronic, Coco Boat Ride, Avatar @ DCA, 2 Avengers Campus, Starlight Parade, Cars @ MK, Villains @ MK, Pirate Tavern, Spaceship Earth Lounge, Test Track 3.0, Monsters @ Hollywood Studios, Villain Show @ Hollywood Studios, Tropical Americas, 3D Zootopia Show)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I wasn’t a big fan of “themed restaurants at the entrance of parks” idea anyways - does anyone still eat at the Rainforest Cafe at DAK?

Now if it had actually gotten built it could have been a cool addition to Downtown Disney.
I was talking with the bartender at the Polite Pig, he's been working in and around and for Disney the last 40 years, and he told me the Disney Springs Rainforest cafe brings in 55 million annually, so its not going anywhere, Disney loves that. I am though baffled at the Animal Kingdom location.

Bocabear

I was talking with the bartender at the Polite Pig, he's been working in and around and for Disney the last 40 years, and he told me the Disney Springs Rainforest cafe brings in 55 million annually, so its not going anywhere, Disney loves that. I am though baffled at the Animal Kingdom location.
Last time I ate at the Rainforest Cafe at DAK (and it has been years) it was packed with a hefty wait. Does it not get busy anymore?

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Lasti time I ate at the Rainforest Cafe at DAK (and it has been years) it was packed with a hefty wait. Does it not get busy anymore?
Could just have been the time we went, but we went to the gift shop to look around before leaving for the day around dinner time and it seemed a bit light, but who knows.

Schmidt

They definitely have two very different opening time frames and villains is the latter of the two.
Yeah, that’s fair.
Phase 2 usually indicates that a second project will start at some time in the future after the first one is complete, maybe. I think Villains is a more concrete plan than that, at least that’s what I’m hoping based off of the information shared at D23.

Schmidt

I did this summer for the first time. It’s still a fun atmosphere. Food was bar and grill fare. Not terrible, not great. Kids had fun. It’s still a decent option for a theme park

Ayla

200.gif

(Me, in a HM-themed restaurant) 😂 😂

Bocabear

I think the Cars portion is planned to be complete first...which I think will be the larger of the two areas.... though honestly we have no idea what they are really planning for Villains land...It may end up just being a family coaster and a meet and greet with QS and gift shop....

ToTBellHop

I think the Cars portion is planned to be complete first...which I think will be the larger of the two areas.... though honestly we have no idea what they are really planning for Villains land...It may end up just being a family coaster and a meet and greet with QS and gift shop....
It’s PLANNED to be a very large land but we will see what they actually build. It’s hardly written in stone.

Schmidt

I’ve heard that Cars could be be around 3.5 acres with Villains getting around 9.
I

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom