News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Marc Davis Fan

I’ve heard that Cars could be around 3.5 acres with Villains getting around 9.
Gosh, I hope your info is wrong, because that’s tiny! I mean, that would make the entire Cars area only one acre larger than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and the “massive” villains land barely more than half the size of Galaxy’s Edge! And here I was thinking Villains would be larger than GE!

Schmidt

Gosh, I hope your info is wrong, because that’s tiny! I mean, that would make the entire Cars area only one acre larger than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and the “massive” villains land barely more than half the size of Galaxy’s Edge! And here I was thinking Villains would be larger than GE!
I don’t have real information. Just hearsay and rumors but I have heard these numbers mentioned by a few people. I thought SWL was 12 acres. I think Cars in California is 12 acres as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t have real information. Just hearsay and rumors but I have heard these numbers mentioned by a few people. I thought SWL was 12 acres. I think Cars in California is 12 acres as well.
Star Wars is 14 acres, TSL is 11.

We were told the expansion would be equivalent to SWL.

ROA and all the undeveloped land behind it within the RR tracks happens to be 14 acres.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks.
Expansion would be equivalent to Starwars? Are you referring to Villains, Cars, or both?
Both

As large as GE... that's 14 acres. What else is 14 acres...

View attachment 812794

Yeah, if I'm making guesses/assumptions, Villains will be close to TSL (11ish or so) and Cars will be closer to like 3 acres.

The concept art shows the Cars Mini-Land extending to across the BTMR, so it should cover about 6 acres as such....

1726240771237.png

James Alucobond

No disrespect to the Ursula spinner ride, but I hope they don't go the tacky/carnival route with their attractions. That idea was floated for the Paradise Pier revamp and it worked in that context, but the Villains IP deserves something better.
I think you could get away with it if you did an indoor version. Like, enter the sea witch's lair with the spinner (and some leaping water features) and you'd be fine. Bonus points if she looks like she's carved from driftwood or salvaged ship materials or something. It just shouldn't be out in the open or else it'll spoil the vibe, assuming the concept art captures what they're going for.

Bocabear

If it were indoors in her lair, and they started each ride cyle with a nod to the old Mermaid show... laser projected waterline to make you feelmlike yyou are descending down under the sea, that would be pretty spiffy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom