News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I do not think they will be finished and open Cars area by 2028 - 2024 is almost over and nothing has started.
There is NO WAY they can build Villains in 3 years either.

Plus - no matter what Josh said at D23, I really think TWDC is waiting to see what happens with EPIC before spending money on MK.

The AK stuff will probably start at sometime. I am sure they will eventually put up walls a couple of years from now.
Villains Land is definitely not opening up in 3 years, I'm 2029 or 2030 for that. They clearly are investing in MK.

Disstevefan1

I think they'll be doing mostly land work for Villains while Cars is being built.
NopeDanny.gif

LSLS

Well... looked up the dates, and SWGE took 6 years from announcement to unveiling... I would expect this Cars "Further West National Paks" land to take about the same at the least.... So....2031 for that? then unless they are building Villains at the same time, 2035-7 for Villains unveiling? At least I will hopefully be retired before it opens...lol
For what it's worth, it was announced in 2015, construction began in 2016, and it was done in 2019.

Bocabear

For what it's worth, it was announced in 2015, construction began in 2016, and it was done in 2019.
an entry I read said it was 6 years from first announcement to completion... Possibly they were talking about the first announcement that was completely sent back to the drawing board to start over.....

LSLS

an entry I read said it was 6 years from first announcement to completion... Possibly they were talking about the first announcement that was completely sent back to the drawing board to start over.....
Even if it was, with this I'd think of it more from shovels to done to get a better timeline. I doubt they wait 2-3 years to start getting things up and running on this. They did say it was underway, though I don't see a more recent image on Google Earth to tell us otherwise.

Gusey

Was this supposed to be 2030 or after? I know if they begin work on Carsland in 2025, with all the ground work and demo we are looking at 5 years...and if they will not begin the Villains section until after the poorly placed Carsland opens, we would be looking at 2034-ish? to alll the people that complained their kids would be too frightened of a villains land, they will be adults by the time it opens....lol
They said at the end of the D23 panel that everything announced would open in the next 5 years, Villains and Avatar neare probably the latest to open of everything announced (2029?). Galaxy's Edge was officially announced in 2015 and completed by 2019/2020 thanks to Rise of the Resistance's delays so Villains could always open in the next 5 years. If Villains is going the back half of TSI/RoA, foundation work could potentially begin next year too along with Cars

Bocabear

I think the Liberty Belle and TSI are operating through the end of the year.... so, I don't think anything will actually start until after those cease operations..... thenthey will put up the mile of construction walls and begin in earnest.... It is a shame they can't somehow move the mill over to the other side of the river to become a walk-through set piece for Frontierland... save some portions of TSI....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom