News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

In regards for Magnifico, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if, after they decided to make the queen a good guy, they were gonna have him as a sympathetic anti-villain but then they saw everyone complaining about how we don't get "traditional" Disney villains anymore and hastily rewrote the character in an attempt to make him a "traditional" villain.

Agreed. Mainly because I'm exhausted with trackless dark rides and animatronics that do nothing but flail their arms.
I would be happy if they just forget Wish ever even happened....

doctornick

Why don't they start with Villains Land and then save Cars for stage 2 (AKA the stage that is more likely to be cut...)?

I think the short answer is that they want to fill in the river to make the connections in that area all easier. But I personally would prefer this - or really, just eliminating Cars in MK all together - and just build Villains. I think that could be done with enough land by just filling in the top half of RoA and leaving TSI below. If that would mean docking the riverboat and putting bridges to the island, that is fine too IMHO. Better than the current plans.

Bocabear

I think the short answer is that they want to fill in the river to make the connections in that area all easier. But I personally would prefer this - or really, just eliminating Cars in MK all together - and just build Villains. I think that could be done with enough land by just filling in the top half of RoA and leaving TSI below. If that would mean docking the riverboat and putting bridges to the island, that is fine too IMHO. Better than the current plans.
I would agree with this too... Cars just doesn't feel right for Magic Kingdom... DHS is a perfect fit. I would rather see them keep the riverfront intact, take out the back half and build a Villain's Land...

Ichabod Crane

Why don't they start with Villains Land and then save Cars for stage 2 (AKA the stage that is more likely to be cut...)?
Because Cars was far along in development whereas villains was still in its earlier stages and only just got approved with a specific direction to take the land once Disney realized a certain competitors horror themed land was going to be a hit and villains would serve as a good counter to it.

Marc Davis Fan

Some of our insiders suggested a while back that Disney is aiming to continue the “multi-part experience” trend a la Rise and Cosmic Rewind. I thought that was fantastic news, as I find those to make the experiences far more immersive and satisfying.

Do any of our insiders have thoughts on whether they’re still thinking that way? Is a Rise -level or at least Cosmic Rewind -level multi-part experience in the cards? How ambitious do you feel they’re getting with the land’s two “major attractions”?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Some of our insiders suggested a while back that Disney is aiming to continue the “multi-part experience” trend a la Rise and Cosmic Rewind. I thought that was fantastic news, as I find those to make the experiences far more immersive and satisfying.

Do any of our insiders have thoughts on whether they’re still thinking that way? Is a Rise -level or at least Cosmic Rewind -level multi-part experience in the cards? How ambitious do you feel they’re getting with the land’s two “major attractions”?
Please just no, we don't need five different preshows giving us useless exposition.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
We lament the loss of 20+ minute rides but don’t like 20+ minute attractions?

Most people think Rise is amazing.
Oh let me clarify, I love Rise, just not Cosmic Rewind, there's like three pre show rooms before you actually get on the ride. And it's not like its actually useful information like Rise. There's no reason to have two different preshow rooms. I don't know why they didn't just combine the first and second rooms into the third rooms cause there's no reason it can't be, the second room is just Glenn Close on a screen which can easily been done in the other one.

ToTBellHop

Oh let me clarify, I love Rise, just not Cosmic Rewind, there's like three pre show rooms before you actually get on the ride. And it's not like its actually useful information like Rise. There's no reason to have two different preshow rooms. I don't know why they didn't just combine the first and second rooms into the third rooms cause there's no reason it can't be, the second room is just Glenn Close on a screen which can easily been done in the other one.
I would agree right now but if they ever open a standby queue, I will enjoy that enormous queue on hot or stormy days.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I have a crazy idea. What if they move Villains to DHS (as was originally planned) pairing it with Villains stageshow. Move Monstropolis coaster to area behind Main Street USA/Tomorrowland to be paired with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show so Muppets can live another day. Then move Cars on the plot where Villains was to go freeing up ROA, riverboat and island to live another day. 🤯🤪

Now if you'll excuse me I have more Rollercoaster Tycooning to do!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I have a crazy idea. What if they move Villains to DHS (as was originally planned) pairing it with Villains stageshow. Move Monstropolis coaster to area behind Main Street USA-Tomorrowland so Muppets can live another day. Then move Cars on plot where Villains was to go freeing up ROA, riverboat boat and island to live another day. 🤪

Now if you'll excuse me I have more Rollercoaster Tycooning to do!
1725639974342.gif

Schmidt

The piston peak, natural park, that they are trying to achieve would most definitely not fit the theme of Dhs.
Hollywood studios is just a different park with no real theme at this point.
With its recent additions of independent lands such as Star Wars, Toy Story, and soon Monsters, I could see a 4th land working well on the other side of the park and could bring balance. The approach could be similar to Epic Universe.

With that said I think it can work well in MK too. I would prefer that they don’t touch the river though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom