Video - Splash Mtn finale Jan 22 (all animatronics broken)

aladdin2007

What is with the awful white fluorescent show scene lighting?? It use to be colorful and more natural looking sunlight coming through the trees. I suppose it saves them on light bulb expense to use the stark white? uggggg, but bad show.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What is with the awful white fluorescent show scene lighting?? It use to be colorful and more natural looking sunlight coming through the trees. I suppose it saves them on light bulb expense to use the stark white? uggggg, but bad show.

Where specifically are you talking about. It could just be the white balance off of the camera.

aladdin2007

Where specifically are you talking about. It could just be the white balance off of the camera.

It didnt seem to be the video (nice vid by the way.) It was in all of the inside show scenes. I remember it being golden light etc, now from what I can see it appears to be stark white flourescent looking spotlights. Ive not been on the ride in awhile but it certainly wasnt like that before.

menamechris

Rode Splash Mountain this evening. The MAJORITY of the AAs seemed to be working alright. Some were dead. However, I left the park with a bad taste in my mouth after being stuck on the ride for 30 minutes due to "technical difficulties". This is the second time this has happened to me. This also happened when I was there during the holidays - and they actually had to evacuate us. So...yeah...I have decided I am pretty ticked at the current state of Splash...

KevinYee

Original Poster
Someone else emailed me that they rode Splash on 2/5 and all the animatronics were broken again on the finale boat during their trip, and they took video (which I haven't seen yet). So there's a second report of problems this past weekend.

It does seem pretty hit or miss. We rode the train and peeked in a week earlier, and everything seemed to be working at that moment.

Pioneer Hall

Someone else emailed me that they rode Splash on 2/5 and all the animatronics were broken again on the finale boat during their trip, and they took video (which I haven't seen yet). So there's a second report of problems this past weekend.

It does seem pretty hit or miss. We rode the train and peeked in a week earlier, and everything seemed to be working at that moment.

I rode on the 2nd and the Riverboat was fine. However, the first Brer Fox/Brer Rabbit scene where they are looking at Brer Rabbit leaving wasn't working.

Timekeeper

It (ought to be) unrelated to expense. If someone wants to go with fluorescent tubes instead of more modern options for set lighting, so be it - but gels could be installed to warm the color temperature and would only cost a few dollars.

captainkidd

Splash Mountain was disgraceful

I'm sure by now we've all seen the video taken a few weeks back where the end scene, no animatronics were working. Just got back yesterday, and what was once my favorite ride, I could only take once. It was awful. Literally, in every scene, there was either audio not working or broken animatronics. EVERY scene.

On top of that, the ride does not seem to have enough water in some places, and too much in others. We all know you're supposed to get wet on the ride. Going down the final hill, I was absolutely soaked. I've been on this ride easily over 150 times, and never gotten remotely that drenched. However, in other parts of the ride, there was no water at all, causing extreme bumpiness at points.

When Big Thunder goes back up, TDO needs to step to the plate, fork out the bucks, and get this thing fixed. It's an embarrassment in it's current state.

KevinYee

Original Poster
A sad commentary on today's park management. I will see if I can ride tonight and capture by video what I see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom