Video - Splash Mtn finale Jan 22 (all animatronics broken)

disney fan 13

I saw the walls myself last week and, yes, there are tons of them. So in that sense it is somewhat encouraging. But as other posters just mentioned there are still some major concerns:

1. For every wall you see there are still other areas of the park that desperately need help, particularly in terms of not just maintenance but general deep cleaning and upkeep. For example, I actually thought Small World looked pretty good inside the ride, but there is nasty crud all over the queue bridge the boats go under that needs to be cleaned, and much of the white facade needs to be cleaned or repainted. Lots of carousel horses had huge scuffs and scratches, and Space Mountain looks terrible up close, from the TTA and RR, with huge sections of the structure either with mildew or peeling in guest view. Not to mention the filth and rust which is never cleaned on the upper levels of the buildings the TTA tracks passes through. And pretty much every metal railing in the park and monorail station needs to a thorough sanding and refinishing. I don't think I saw a single one that wasn't peeling.

2. The exterior refurb projects seem to take an enormous amount of time, quite possibly because of the way these projects are funded. It may also be because these structures need a more thorough refurb now due to previous deferred maintenance.

Interesting also how I noticed that while Studios, DAK, and Epcot all need help in their own ways, upkeep and cleanliness was noticeably better than at MK.

What I have noticed with recent refurb projects is that they are mostly exterior refurbs. so you may see walls but whats inside the walls are crumbling...

COProgressFan

What I have noticed with recent refurb projects is that they are mostly exterior refurbs. so you may see walls but whats inside the walls are crumbling...

Definitely true....for instance, they redid the exterior of the candy shop on Main Street last fall, but as far as I know didn't touch the interior. Remember when the candy trolley things on the ceiling worked?

Or, they spent all that money on the exterior Pooh queue, but didn't really do anything to improve the actual show. Same case with Peter Pan, where the facade was recently redone, the queue is shortly going to be Next-Gen-ized, and the show quality inside is atrocious.

MerlinTheGoat

What are the recent reports on the current state of Splash, if any?

I visited on Feb 29th, and most of the AA's were moving somewhat in Splash. The problem was not that they were broken completely, but that virtually all of them were only partially working. That is to say, they were missing some of their full range of movements such as mouths, eyes, arms, etc. Most of the birds in the first show scene had their mouths frozen and many of their eyes were broken.

The river boat scene was working, along with the hopping Brer Rabbit and the silhouette of him being chased on the projection wall. The river boat really didn't look bad, no dead chickens or anything thankfully. Though the same sort of issues that plague the rest of the figures still affect these, they don't have a full range of arm motions.

Several of the beehives weren't working at the laughing place (though more than there were back when i rode in early 2011), and Brer Bear was barely moving (the one with the beehive on his nose). And the final underground cave scene had numerous water related issues such as the jumping fountain and some of the turtles riding on water jets. I think a gopher or two were not popping up as they should.

menamechris

Almost every scene has issues still. Unfortunately, they can vary from day to day. It is inconsistent at best. The scene worst off is the cavern scene. The water jumping effect hasn't been working in at least a year or two (How hard can this be to fix??). And most animatronics in there - if not broken - look as if they are malfunctioning (like the turtles).

WDW1974

What are the recent reports on the current state of Splash, if any?

It needs a 6-9 month closure and top to bottom work.

All they are doing now is continuing the chewing gum and duct tape deal that's been in vogue since the 20th century.

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

Captain Neo

This video is the perfect example of why I stopped going to the Disney parks. This amount of broken animatronics and show scenes would have been UNHEARD of in Walt Disney World's first 30 years of operation but now its par for the course. Instead of shoving timeshares and unimpressive interactive exhibits down our throats how about spending some money and reinvesting in the parks...you know the actual reason why millions of people come to Walt Disney World in the first place?

A personal example of bad show was recently I took my family from out of state for dinner at one of the disney resorts the other day and we decided to take a round trip on the monorail. Boy what a mistake that was. The monorails are dirty and actually stink really bad now and we got stuck at one of the stops because the door kept opening. Eventually some cast member came by and started kicking/shoving it closed until finally it held. Really bad show.

celluloid

A personal example of bad show was recently I took my family from out of state for dinner at one of the disney resorts the other day and we decided to take a round trip on the monorail. Boy what a mistake that was. The monorails are dirty and actually stink really bad now and we got stuck at one of the stops because the door kept opening. Eventually some cast member came by and started kicking/shoving it closed until finally it held. Really bad show.

Very well said post and I can speak this to be quite true as not uncommon with the monorail system in its current state. The whole fleet is very outdated and needs to be repaired.

Just like a great car, even if it is maintained as much as possible it eventually becomes a vehicle you do not want to travel long distances with. These monorails operate daily and in more recent years have not had the best of repairs.

IanDLBZF

Wow! Maybe it's the Overtakers as mentioned in the Kingdom Keepers series! :shrug:
You could be up something, though.

First the Yeti broke on Everest.....
Then we started having "problems" with Fantasmic!....
Then we had the fires at The Enchaned Tiki Room Under New Mangement and Cinderella Castle....
Then the monorail started to crumble.....
AND NOW, THIS! Splash Mountain's Audio-Animatronics ARE BROKE!

This could mean one thing.......MALEFICENT!:eek:

Rescue Ranger

So, whats the latest on this.....is everything still, sadly, pretty much broken all these many months later?
Still no water under the turtles?
No skipping water?
Dead bees?
Animatronics still falling apart?

disney fan 13

Here is a video i found... And this seems to be Splash during one of it's good days!
(Make sure to watch with annotations)

I will be back in october to check on everything...

Castle Cake Apologist

It's still in pretty decently rough shape, but definitely not nearly as bad as it was.

I want to make sure to point out that the video posted a few posts above this was shot months before this thread was even started and is from 2011, so I hope people aren't taking that to be its current state.

Castle Cake Apologist

Also, I hope people are realizing how old this thread is before commenting. The video Kevin posted initially is pretty old. 'Tis the unfortunate problem with thread bumps.

WDW1974

Also, I hope people are realizing how old this thread is before commenting. The video Kevin posted initially is pretty old. 'Tis the unfortunate problem with thread bumps.

So ... you are worried about people seeing how long the SQ issues have been there, not the fact that they still remain?

Do I understand you correctly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom