Video - Splash Mtn finale Jan 22 (all animatronics broken)

Yes, splash is having problems but at least it's open. On Friday, Splash only had three hours of operation for the entire day. It was decided Saturday to keep te ride open with the dead birds instead of having no ride at all.
Yes, everyone on here will complain and say they'd rather Disney shut it down until it's perfect but would you rather have pretty much all of Frontierland closed or have splash open with one awkward scene?

captainkidd

That's disgusting. This may be WAAAAAY jumping the gun, but we've decided this summer is our last Disney trip for a couple of years. Now, I said that last year but for different reasons. We were going to go to Disneyland or a cruise, but opted out of DL because DCA isn't finished yet. But right now, I'm sick to my stomach at the state of things in WDW. It's embarrassing. If I didn't already have 5 nights booked at Universal for the start of the vacation, I'd cancel it now. In fact, we may discuss ditching Disney and taking a cruise on Carnival after Universal.

Pardon my language, but get in there and fix the damn ride! Have some respect for your park and your guests.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, splash is having problems but at least it's open. On Friday, Splash only had three hours of operation for the entire day. It was decided Saturday to keep te ride open with the dead birds instead of having no ride at all.
Yes, everyone on here will complain and say they'd rather Disney shut it down until it's perfect but would you rather have pretty much all of Frontierland closed or have splash open with one awkward scene?

Shouldn't show come first? One or 2 AAs maybe given BTM closed but not a whole show scene. Disgusting.

It takes more than a lick of paint to fix the park. Omnimovers that rip gears off. Boat belts that burn out. Half hearted budget ripped refurbs. Fault after fault ignored. Give it a few more years with this management mentality and the park will be just like the sorry monorail situation. Years of underinvestment are now showing their ugly heads more and more. What's the point of billion dollar next gen when the basics are broken?

Surely Meg and Phil need to go now. Sooner than planned.

That's disgusting. This may be WAAAAAY jumping the gun, but we've decided this summer is our last Disney trip for a couple of years. Now, I said that last year but for different reasons. We were going to go to Disneyland or a cruise, but opted out of DL because DCA isn't finished yet. But right now, I'm sick to my stomach at the state of things in WDW. It's embarrassing. If I didn't already have 5 nights booked at Universal for the start of the vacation, I'd cancel it now. In fact, we may discuss ditching Disney and taking a cruise on Carnival after Universal.

Pardon my language, but get in there and fix the damn ride!

Everyone is seriously overreacting about this. It's one scene. They have been working on it over night but there is just not enough time and no way will we be allowed to have both splash and thunder down at the same time for refurb.
Guys, it's really not that bad. Yes, slightly bad show but not disgusting and horrible enough to cancel a vacation. It's one scene on a 12 minute ride. Not one person complained to the cast yesterday and thousands of people rode and enjoyed splash, many riding several times. It's not worth shutting it down.

lebeau

Everyone is seriously overreacting about this. It's one scene. They have been working on it over night but there is just not enough time and no way will we be allowed to have both splash and thunder down at the same time for refurb.
Guys, it's really not that bad. Yes, slightly bad show but not disgusting and horrible enough to cancel a vacation. It's one scene on a 12 minute ride. Not one person complained to the cast yesterday and thousands of people rode and enjoyed splash, many riding several times. It's not worth shutting it down.

If Walt Disney hadn't been creamated, I'm pretty sure he'd be spinning in his grave after reading this... :eek:

captainkidd

Yup - More excuses from TDO for not properly taking care of it's attractions. I don't remember the last time I rode Splash with all AA's working or the ride not breaking down. Why bother complaining? Anyone who cares enough to complain knows Disney does nothing about this type of thing anymore. Whether it be broken AA's, smoking in undesignated areas, flash photos on rides - THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP!

This ride has been an embarrassment to Disney and an insult to guests for far too long.

ToTBellHop

This is surprising. When I rode a week ago, I was actually impressed at how much was working on the ride. Finale scene was perfect. The only area where I noticed effects off was the 2nd laughing place area (before the lift hill). The worst offender was a broken turtle with his back sprayer still on--he was in such a position that he was spraying a good deal of water at guests. Not pleasant! Otherwise, I was pleased.

I get the impression that things break on this ride frequently and that they ARE fixing them, but only the temporary fixes that can occur during the very short periods of time the MK closes anymore. More permanent fixes would require a full refurbishment.

Pioneer Hall

This is surprising. When I rode a week ago, I was actually impressed at how much was working on the ride. Finale scene was perfect. The only area where I noticed effects off was the 2nd laughing place area (before the lift hill). The worst offender was a broken turtle with his back sprayer still on--he was in such a position that he was spraying a good deal of water at guests. Not pleasant! Otherwise, I was pleased.

I get the impression that things break on this ride frequently and that they ARE fixing them, but only the temporary fixes that can occur during the very short periods of time the MK closes anymore. More permanent fixes would require a full refurbishment.

The ride has become incredibly inconsistent lately. I get to ride the attraction every few weeks, and sometimes it looks fine with only the clearly broken laughing place water effects now working. Other times it can look pretty bad like it did this past weekend. I rode this on Sat night (Kevin took this video yesterday), and the animals were still not moving on the steam boat. There were a few other animatronic issues that night as well, but I was told that those had at least been taken care of. I really do hope that they decide to give this attraction at least a short refurb after BTMRR opens again. They do have a month before the opening and summer season to give that ride a little love.

sittle

OP, write a letter. I find when something is amiss, overlooked or under appreciated a quick letter to a top executive gets quick attention.

In today's busy environment emails or other quick messaging tends to be easily ignored and overused!

Thanks for the share, it's rough to see my Favourite Ride in such rough shape... My personal best is 5 consecutive rides, in the front of the log, on a rainy and cool EMH evening!

TarzanRocked99-

NO Good Lord, the reason Disney got to where it is was because quality, (not talking about where they are as of late), but this is absolutely bad enough to justify taking the attraction down. Show Quality comes first, Just close off that corner of Frontierland and get Splash up to the level of quality that justifies it being open.

And if you don't want to fix it the right way just go ahead and throw a screen over it and turn on a projection, that seems to be the solution for everything these days anyway.:brick:

captainkidd

OP, write a letter. I find when something is amiss, overlooked or under appreciated a quick letter to a top executive gets quick attention.

Why? To get a canned response from Guest Communications apologizing, but will otherwise be thrown in the trash?

The fact is, we are all to blame. Every one of us. We have continued to give money to a product that has been in steady decline for many years, while TDO laughs all the way to the bank.

Thrill Seeker

I don't agree with that scene being in the shape it is in, but it's not being ignored completely. It's gonna get fixed. The cast of Splash hates it just as much as you all. Maintenance is working on it and it'll be fixed as soon as it can be...

captainkidd

I don't agree with that scene being in the shape it is in, but it's not being ignored completely. It's gonna get fixed. The cast of Splash hates it just as much as you all. Maintenance is working on it and it'll be fixed as soon as it can be...

If that were the case, it'd be fixed now. Thunder Mountain is already down. I get not closing the ride down, but there is NO EXCUSE that this was not made A1 priority and fixed overnight.

We're talking about the most popular ride in the most popular theme park in the world, not some Gravitron at the local county fair.

hollywoodj

I was there Saturday and they were all broken then as well. I agree, it was quite creepy, but above all else, incredibly mediocre.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Wow. That is ugly.

Indefensible.

I am at a point where I need to make a decision about how to treat WDW.

On the one hand, I love WDW. A huge chunk of my best memories take place at the resort. I am a DVC owner, and I go every year.

Things are deteriorating so badly now, and the members on this site, and other sites, do such a great job of keeping us informed. I am having a hard time fully enjoying myself in WDW. I find myself thinking, "I wish I was like the ignorant masses." I want to enjoy WDW like I used to again.

So here is my choice. Do I just unplug completely from the Disney fan community and try and plunge myself into ignorance to better enjoy the parks?

Or do I stop going to WDW entirely? DVC operates on the west coast. I could use my points there. Maybe save up a couple years worth of points and head to Aulani?

TDO at this point is operating so poorly that my preferred 3rd choice, continue to be involved in the online fan community, and enjoy the parks, is not an option for me. So what do I do? and, am I the only one feeling this way?

RSoxNo1

Splash Mountain should be down right now. Frontierland is already a mess because of the parade route construction. Close Splash for 3 weeks give it an accelerated refurbishment and fix this stuff. If people complain that both Splash and Thunder are down give them the option of a free park hopper add on.

There are realistic ways to fix this, but when you cut maintenance budgets, don't increase attraction line ups for 20 years, and don't give attractions the regular attention that they deserve this type of stuff happens.

I'm glad it was working when I was there 2 weeks ago, but considering the state of the finale, combined with what I assume is a messed up Laughin' Place as well, there's no reason for this attraction to be open.

Tadifer

Well the way I see it, the ride is what, 20 years old now? So it bound to have problems. Now, that's not an excuse by any means. It simply could mean its breaking at a faster rate than they can keep up. A full refurb should do the trick, once Thunder is back up. Also, to compare Splash with Rip Saw isn't exactly fair. That ride is newer than Splash, and the animatronics aren't as advanced. I do recall a Dudley animatronic completely missing from a scene last year. At least the chickens are still there, even if they are just stationary.

Bolna

What's the point of billion dollar next gen when the basics are broken?

Yes, that's exactly it!

With Next Gen it seems like they concentrate on the icing and ignore the cake under it. If the cake is rotten, the best icing isn't going to help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom