Video Of Mr. Potato Head In Action At Dca!!!

NadieMasK2

On April 4th... 2008... the potato became self aware and started learning at a geometric rate... they tried to pull the plug... but it was too late... Judgment Day.

:lol: Nice pull!:lol:

I love this AA. Just think, this is only built for a queue. All that time and money spent just to entertain us BEFORE we get in to the actual attraction. Now that's the WDI detail that makes me choose to go to WDW time and time again, pixar or no pixar. Love it.

nibblesandbits

No offense, but you are not the be-all-end-all when it comes to deciding if something is funny (and thank goodness for that). Oh, and somehow I don't believe you . . . if it was an animated potato, you'd be complaining about the new direction Disney is taking in entertainment away from the past of AA's or some garbage like that.

Anyway, that thing is amazing! The quality of audio animatronics coming out of WDI these days in mind blowing. The motions are so fluid, it's almost kind of creepy. I love the way they did the eyes, too. Needless to say, the ear thing is cool as well--that's major programming at work. Can you imagine what it was like for the imagineers to design something like this? He's basically a head with arms, but there's so much life in it. Top notch!
I couldn't agree with you more on everything you just said. Bravo!

This AA is amazing.

CThaddeus said:
I know where I'll be taking my camcorder this weekend. And what's wrong with his "script?" Were you really expecting Shakespeare? It works perfectly well for the reason he's there. My guess is once the attraction actually opens, he'll draw a much bigger crowd. Right now he's kind of hawking something you can't do. Personally, I think this is a great thing for California Adventure, giving me a second reason to want to bother going into Paradise Pier (the first being California Screamin').

Also couldn't agree more. And I'm excited to see him in Cali b/c I'm going there first.

sissa216

That is amazing! And I do agree that it just seems to be a timing issue right now....along with the fact that it seems out of place without a full queue of people watching him.

One question though...the guy in the video, standing at the fence. Is he just a guest? Or a CM? Because he seems to be watching the people as much as the AA.

Rayray

WOW!! That thing can pull its ear off!!! How cool is that?! If I'm not mistaken, this should make the mr. potato head the most advanced animatronic. I don't know of any others that have enough finesse to repeateadly grab an item and put it back in a very particular space.n Very Cool!!

MousDad

WOW!! That thing can pull its ear off!!! How cool is that?! If I'm not mistaken, this should make the mr. potato head the most advanced animatronic. I don't know of any others that have enough finesse to repeateadly grab an item and put it back in a very particular space. Very Cool!!

:eek:

[waits for Pumbas]

NewfieFan

I'm amazed!!!:eek: I can't believe it took out his ear and put it back - now that is impressive! And personally I thought he was a little funny, I'm sure they're still working out the bugs (that's probably why there was delays).

Good job Disney!:sohappy:

socalkdg

Here are a number of photos showing him as well from another website.

http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=323

All the yeti does is growl?
Those pirates won't stop saying yoho?
Those ghosts just seem to dance around in circles, or pop up from the grave?
Whats with this great big beautiful tomorrow, over and over?
:)

Hey, did Mr. Potato Head just notice I have on a blue shirt? A hat? Shorts? Is he actually talking to me? Telling me to go on this ride? Hmmmm.......

SceneStealer

Just a thought. But maybe the reason why people are walking away is not that the script is not great but they don't realize that he will talk back to you etc.

It's not like the CM is telling the people that. So they think it is prerecorded and then walk away. I think that once pople know that he will talk back to you people will start to pay much more attention to him. And it will be more more appreciated.

coasterphil

That is amazing! And I do agree that it just seems to be a timing issue right now....along with the fact that it seems out of place without a full queue of people watching him.

One question though...the guy in the video, standing at the fence. Is he just a guest? Or a CM? Because he seems to be watching the people as much as the AA.

He's a CM.

OmegaKnight

Wow..that is one amazing AA. It just moves so fluidly and naturally. The ear thing is also really impressive stuff. I am now even more excited for this attraction to open.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I cannot be the only person who remembers Bird and Robot.

Was funny, picked things up, even had a projection screen!

It's a decent animatronic, but not highly advanced or anything we've seen before - and it currently has a crappy unentertaining show.

tim911

It's a decent animatronic, but not highly advanced or anything we've seen before - and it currently has a crappy unentertaining show.

Speak for yourself. Your posts are getting quite predictable, nothing is ever good enough. Its one thing to comment, but to constantly criticize......:veryconfu

tim911

I'm not here to get in a war of words, I've been a member for 8 years and as can be gotten from my number of posts, I stay on the outside of most discussions.

However, please take note of what you are trying to compare here. Count the number of individual movements bird and robot have combined. Mr. Potato head has that many in one of his hands. To say its been done before implies that you know exactly what it took to pull off this feat of engineering, which is an insult to many imagineers that worked long and hard on this project.

To say the show is not very entertaining is a valid comment, but to say its been done before and attempt to speak for others, well, you know where I stand.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm not here to get in a war of words, I've been a member for 8 years and as can be gotten from my number of posts, I stay on the outside of most discussions.

However, please take note of what you are trying to compare here. Count the number of individual movements bird and robot have combined. Mr. Potato head has that many in one of his hands. To say its been done before implies that you know exactly what it took to pull off this feat of engineering, which is an insult to many imagineers that worked long and hard on this project.

To say the show is not very entertaining is a valid comment, but to say its been done before and attempt to speak for others, well, you know where I stand.

So you're saying guests should be marveling at the engineering despite how poor the show itself is? Technology for technology's sake?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom