Video Of Mr. Potato Head In Action At Dca!!!

wannab@dis

So i'm the same as a team of noted designers working on a project for a large cooperation and spending millions of dollars on it?
Hardly... :rolleyes:

Just a simple observation... you love dishing it out, defending why you think it's your "duty" and yet, don't accept it when directed your way. Inadequecy issues?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'd love to know how i've not accepted it - am i supposed to go "oh, you're right, how incorrect of me."

Umm, no.

How about taking some criticsm yourself and note that you're not discussing the topic but the poster and you seemingly have nothing of actual value to input?

wannab@dis

I'd love to know how i've not accepted it - am i supposed to go "oh, you're right, how incorrect of me."

Umm, no.

How about taking some criticsm yourself and note that you're not discussing the topic but the poster and you seemingly have nothing of actual value to input?
Is there a real value to the posts you've made in the thread? At what point does continual bashing actually create value?

But, to the point... The AA looks great. The dialog seems appropriate for the "hawker" role it plays in it's placement.

Question... corny jokes at JC are accepted and revered. Why do you feel the need to despise them here?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Is there a real value to the posts you've made in the thread? At what point does continual bashing actually create value?

But, to the point... The AA looks great. The dialog seems appropriate for the "hawker" role it plays in it's placement.

Question... corny jokes at JC are accepted and revered. Why do you feel the need to despise them here?

Corny can be funny, these are just lame.

mpaul32001

I criticize because they chose to present it to the public. That makes it fair game. Nothing that unfinished (if that is the case) should have been presented to the public.

Truly talented people don't need a public jury to tell them a joke isn't funny or that an attraction doesn't have the bugs worked out yet.

Yay! More Controversy!

Maybe this should be brought to the Bar Brawl Thread in Chit-Chat.

"Put all of my Money on Nibbs!" :lookaroun

TP2000

Mr. Potato Head is actually in the queue in the DCA version. It's hard to see in the videos on YouTube, but the queue actually loops around right in front of Mr. Potato Head. The entrance is off to the right of the video frame, and the queue will then file past the animatronic. But he's also set up pretty high, so you will also see and hear him if you are walking by on the midway. The fact that the queue is empty in these videos also hides the fact that the queue literally wraps right around this figure.

It should be interesting to see where they place Mr. Potato Head in the WDW version. Aren't there any pictures available yet of the WDW version building and setup? The DCA version doesn't open until June, so why are the first videos and sightings of the station, vehicles and pre-show coming out of DCA? Odd.

As for the animatronic, I thought it was very clever! I really like it when he signs the little songs like the "Midway Mania" theme song he's got. That's fun! :sohappy:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The WDW version is indoors and all of the queue appears to be indoors (atleast the formal queue, extended queue might be outside).

We've seen the groundplan for the WDW version, the queue zig-zags indoors a bit and then the spud is on the wall that seperates the queue from loading-area proper.

As for seeing it, DHS has refurb walls from the Backlot to One Man's Dream and they installed large trees - you cant even see the entrance of the building.

Rob562

I criticize because they chose to present it to the public. That makes it fair game. Nothing that unfinished (if that is the case) should have been presented to the public.

Truly talented people don't need a public jury to tell them a joke isn't funny or that an attraction doesn't have the bugs worked out yet.

Broadway critics wait until a show officially opens to write a review, even if it's "open" for previews for two, three, four weeks.....

-Rob

TP2000

As for seeing it, DHS has refurb walls from the Backlot to One Man's Dream and they installed large trees - you cant even see the entrance of the building.

Ah, okay. That would explain why there's no online pics/vids/chatter about it yet. The WDW version opens later this month though, doesn't it? Disneyland's version is still months away from opening.

Back to the figure, I just noticed how unique and impressive the mouth is on Mr. Potato Head. The lower lip is capable of all sorts of movement and alignments and gestures, and then the open "mouth" is black throughout any mouth movement. How do they do that? Watch the mouth and lips in this 30 second YouTube video for a good example of the visual trickery I'm talking about.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQTKMyqw7s

Rob562

Back to the figure, I just noticed how unique and impressive the mouth is on Mr. Potato Head. The lower lip is capable of all sorts of movement and alignments and gestures, and then the open "mouth" is black throughout any mouth movement. How do they do that? Watch the mouth and lips in this 30 second YouTube video for a good example of the visual trickery I'm talking about.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQTKMyqw7s

My guess is that it's some sort of black stretchable material. Look at the photo in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZAhGI3Auzg

It's probably something that's static at the top, and then attached to the lips, which stretch it out and around as they move.

-Rob

CThaddeus

Sadly, he's been hidden behind the wall again. I made a quick trip over to the Park a couple of hours ago just to check him out and found nothing but walls. Sigh. If anyone happens to see Mr. Potato Head out again, please post it here. I want to get video of the guy in action!

CrashNet

Wow...some of us here should re-evaluate the necessity to defend themselves on an online forum...folks, lets keep in mind some people seek attention through controversy. Stop feeding a fire, and the fire goes out.

As for the AA...so awesome. :D LOVE that he can take his ear off. I'm intrigued to see how he turns out in the long run. I bet with a little practice he'll be a great addition and fun entertainment while waiting in line to ride. And his mouth: very impressive. He actually looks like he articulates different words. Very cool. :)

kshark

:lol: Nice pull!:lol:

I love this AA. Just think, this is only built for a queue. All that time and money spent just to entertain us BEFORE we get in to the actual attraction. Now that's the WDI detail that makes me choose to go to WDW time and time again, pixar or no pixar. Love it.

yes indeed! :sohappy:

goofy32

What does Buzz look like without his projection-face?

Back On Topic - that think is amazing! The video of it pulling off it's ear is pretty cool. I assume it also puts it's ear back in?

CThaddeus

What does Buzz look like without his projection-face?

Back On Topic - that think is amazing! The video of it pulling off it's ear is pretty cool. I assume it also puts it's ear back in?

Buzz looks kinda freaky without the face projection. It's just a dark area where the face would be.
And yes, Mr. Potato Head can put his ear back in his head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom