VIDEO and PHOTOS - Morocco's B'net Al Houwariyate debut at Epcot

wannabeBelle

They're still kind of young. Maybe they want to spend time touring again, or maybe take a few months off. It's like 6 shows a day for a band that use to dictate their own schedule.
Probably, it is kinda tough I do agree. Also as you said if they are not used to that, it does take quite a bit out of you. One of the original members of Mulch had written a blog about him joining the band, and one of the things he said was how for the first few months he would come home from a five set day and literally just wipe out, as he is not originally from Florida and wasnt used to performing in the heat and humidity as well. I wish they had stayed a bit longer, I did enjoy them. Marie

wdwgreek

Honestly wasn't super impressed by this group, I got bored after five minutes, I did like the music though. Any word on how long till a replacement? weeks, months? dare I say years....

Cmdr_Crimson

687474703a2f2f7777772e78626f786f6e65666f72756d732e6e65742f666f72756d2f6174746163686d656e74732f37393064313338393338383237352d776861742d732d796f75722d6461792d6a6f622d657363616c617465642d717569636b6c792e6a7067

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I would doubt that the lumberjacks are gone. Like them or not they draw huge crowds every time I am there. Disney loves crowd eaters...

doctornick

And I personally wouldn't mind this new yearly approach, since I frequent Epcot more than the other three parks.

Absolutely. Frequent changing of the entertainment at Epcot is a good idea. It's a simple way to keep things "fresh". Not that everything should be changed yearly, but it would be good to get a number of new acts each year.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Amen. Bye Bye Mo'Rockin'

I can understand the year and out approach. Guests won't have a change to bond with particular groups and there will not be the outcry when they are replaced. There will always be performers that are willing to take a gig for a full year. The upside for all of the other non Disney Parks and venues is WDW can ferret out talent and when they release the better ones someone else can snarf up a good cast off of Disney's.

wannabeBelle

Amen. Bye Bye Mo'Rockin'

I can understand the year and out approach. Guests won't have a change to bond with particular groups and there will not be the outcry when they are replaced. There will always be performers that are willing to take a gig for a full year. The upside for all of the other non Disney Parks and venues is WDW can ferret out talent and when they release the better ones someone else can snarf up a good cast off of Disney's.
Interestingly enough, I was listening to a podcast with several well known members who were at the last Mulch, Sweat & Shears show and one commented that he had seen a head of entertainment person from a competing park at DHS watching Mulch on their last day. Could be nothing, but it was an interesting observation. Marie

boufa

And I personally wouldn't mind this new yearly approach, since I frequent Epcot more than the other three parks.

[says the guy who will be very upset when they replace the 16 year old fireworks show ;)]

And this is why, no matter what Disney can do... they can't win. I want to see something go, and the guy next to me chains himself to it. I would be ok with them plowing most of adventureland. There is nothing there (except pirates) of any value to me. But 200 people will chime in with "save the tikiroom" and another group would swear they won't go to Disney again if they remove the spitting camels. etc, etc.

Knowing this, I just take the punches as they come, and deal with them. Closing Maelstrom for a frozen ride, ok, sure, whatever. Until they close a whole lot more, and replace it with a whole lot bad.. I mean a whole lot of bad.. it is what it is, and I will still keep going.

wannabeBelle

For the most part I agree Boufa, the difference for me with Off Kilter and Mulch, is that I am friendly with these particular cast members. To see them losing a job they have had for 17 years and 11 years, respectively, is heartbreaking for me. I would feel the same way about any of my friends losing a job for any reason. A ride, as cool as it is, is just machinery to me. It doesnt have the same impact for sure. In most cases, I have taken a very "well let's wait and see what Disney does, it should be cool" type of approach to most attractions closing. Not so much with these attractions, as part of the appeal of catching up with friends and enjoying their performance more because I do know them. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom