Vicious SGE Rehab Rumor

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Stitchfan712 said:
Going to attract a lot of hate for this:

I went on figment.

I was disappointed. :lookaroun
Well, I know how you feel about SGE now....I'm one of the few who enjoy JII v3. :lookaroun

Stitchfan712

I was expecting something amazing, actually, from the figment ride. Seeing so many figment fans here I figured the attraction was really going to be great.

At the end of it...I was disapponted. Very different from what I expected.

TikiBears

I enjoy JIYI-3 as well, it's not a "torture" to ride. SGE is! I was using JIYI as an example of a revamped attraction that was no where near as good as the original. If it wasnt for the restraints holding people in place im sure many would walk out.

Legacy

Stitchfan712 said:
I was expecting something amazing, actually, from the figment ride. Seeing so many figment fans here I figured the attraction was really going to be great.

At the end of it...I was disapponted. Very different from what I expected.
I'm assuming you never rode the original Imagination. If you had, you would understand where the fans come from. We aren't fans because of the most recent incarnation (which I don't think is half bad), we are fans because of how we were first introduced to the character. That is the SAME reason why we expect a good attraction for Stitch. We liked the movie and the character, but we aren't going to accept anything less than the best.

DDuckFan130

NemoRocks said:
Well, I know how you feel about SGE now....I'm one of the few who enjoy JII v3. :lookaroun
Me too :lookaroun

I liked the first version as well. The second version I completely forgot how it was. But I make it a point to visit JIYI when I go to Epcot :D.

Wilt Dasney

Stitchfan712 said:
Being at Stitch fan at DLR was like being a drowning man dying of thirst there for a while. There was a few plushies, a few pins, and a figurine box, and lots of baby and little kid T-shirts, but that was it.

I really do respect your point of view, but c'mooooon: First you said "there was almost nothing out there for this character that I love," and then that's how you describe it. Plushies, pins, boxes, and lots of shirts...but that's IT. It sounds like "nothing" is more like "nothing in my size."

A frustrating situation for you, maybe, but hardly the picture of a character that had nothing out there. (And I'm sure Disney always planned on releasing adult Stitch clothes even if they weren't in the first wave.)

KevinPage

Stitchfan712 said:
What I'm peeved about is the comment that Stitch is destroying Tomorrowland..

Stitch712 I think you need to calm down a bit. You are letting a ride that most people don't like (and for good reason) affect you "personally".

Someone can hate Tower and Terror and Splash Mountain for all I'm concerned with and it won't mean squat to me. I know they are great attractions and I enjoy them, so who cares if someone else doesn't. Enjoy what you enjoy and don't care what someone else likes/dislikes.

I love Stitch, granted he's getting over-exposed at the moment, and a crappy attraction, which replaced a cult favorite, doesn't help in the backlash department either.

If you noticed when both Mission Space & Philharmagic opened you generally heard POSITIVE reviews. Yes, there are always negative reviews, but generally it was positive word of mouth. Stitch is the compelte opposite, it's hard to find anyone who really can say anything positive about the ride (besides the AA & cannons). That right there should tell you something.

If you feel people are jumping the gun and judging it too harshly, who cares, no use arguing with someone about it. Are you going to let them change your mind? Probably not, so don't expect to change theirs.

Feel free to state your opinions on why you like/dislike something, but to make your life easier, don't get caught up in who doesn't agree with you, whether you feel it's valid or not. :D

:D :D :D

tigger248

Wilt Dasney said:
That must have been about the first five minutes after the movie came out.

Seriously, Stitch was put on the marketing fast track almost instantaneously. I know that you have a deep-seated affection for the character, and so from your perspective, maybe having to wait a few months for Disney to start putting his face on everything might have seemed like a while.

I remember seeing L&S in the summer of '02 before going to Orlando for my CP and by that Christmas, he was lording over the MGM entrance and showing up in merchandise everywhere. For a 6-month-old character to have that kind of presence is pretty notable.

Stitch seemed to have been heavily promoted from the time the movie came out. I was a cp for fall advantage 2002, so I was there when the movie came out. I saw it opening weekend and loved it. Stitch was everywhere. The giant blow up of him was at the Studios and the merchandise was very popular. Many of the Stitch toys seemed to sell out quickly. I had to perchase my talking Stitch doll at Once Upon a Toy when they opened on opening day to get one. He was long since sold out everywhere else. The pins were even harder to get. Sold out everywhere. You had to be at a pin cart/store right after they'd freshly stocked to get one. It took me a couple of months to finally get one. He was immediately added to the Stars and Motor Cars parade and meet and greets were set up. He also popped up on billboards all over property. That Halloween, the blow up was in MK (on AE, sorta like a vision of things to come) and there was a Lilo and Stitch candy station. That Christmas, he popped up in the Osborne Lights and the blow up was back in front of the Studios. The first day I went to see the movie, the tickets were sold out and we had to return the next day. I can't speak for Disneyland, but at WDW Stitch was all over the place immediately.

PurpleDragon

Stitchfan712 said:
Going to attract a lot of hate for this:

I went on figment.

I was disappointed. :lookaroun
So was I!! The thrid incarnation of this ride is a complete joke. It was created and built half-assed just like SGE. Prime example of the poor decision making of the current Disney execs.

The original incarnation of JIYI was a sight to behold. Vibrant colors, great music, beutiful sets, it actually sparked your imagination. The sad thing is, Disney took no measures to keep the attraction "Up with the times" as far as technology, so attendance started to deminish and rather than do a simple rehab, the Disney execs figured it would be a good opportunity to remove the high maintenance mechanincs for something low maintenance and more econimical/cheap. That is where the new versions come in, version 2.0 was not much different from version 3.0, except it didn't have Figment. People complained about version 2.0, so they did a half-assed revamp and simply slapped figment on it and called it new. Its just sad how Disney managment doesn't care about the quality of character based attractions anymore. They are only focused on what their market research has shown to be popular, thrill rides (i.e. Expedition Everest)

Stitchfan712

tigger248 said:
Stitch seemed to have been heavily promoted from the time the movie came out. I was a cp for fall advantage 2002, so I was there when the movie came out. I saw it opening weekend and loved it. Stitch was everywhere. The giant blow up of him was at the Studios and the merchandise was very popular. Many of the Stitch toys seemed to sell out quickly. I had to perchase my talking Stitch doll at Once Upon a Toy when they opened on opening day to get one. He was long since sold out everywhere else. The pins were even harder to get. Sold out everywhere. You had to be at a pin cart/store right after they'd freshly stocked to get one. It took me a couple of months to finally get one. He was immediately added to the Stars and Motor Cars parade and meet and greets were set up. He also popped up on billboards all over property. That Halloween, the blow up was in MK (on AE, sorta like a vision of things to come) and there was a Lilo and Stitch candy station. That Christmas, he popped up in the Osborne Lights and the blow up was back in front of the Studios. The first day I went to see the movie, the tickets were sold out and we had to return the next day. I can't speak for Disneyland, but at WDW Stitch was all over the place immediately.

Maybe that, then, is why we're seeing the beginning of Stitch in different ways.

In Disneyland and the west coast, Stitch didn't explode like that at ALL. There was never that volume of merch and pins here, the mascot wasn't seen nearly as much as in WDW, in fact more stitch-based promotion was limited to say the least!

TikiBears

Stitch712, i understand how passionate you are about Stitch and thats great. I was as defensive and blue in the face about Mr.Toads Wild Ride. And with Figment. (even tho he is Figment in the ride, he is fat, pale, feminine and could use botox around thee eyes when it comes to his merchandise?) All 3 of these characters have been hot-button topics from time to time. Lighten up and take it with a grain of salt. You dont have to agree with someone to like them. Criticism can be good. Just because you criticize a family member, a friend, Disney or your government- that doesnt mean you hate them, you just expect better of them...

PurpleDragon

TikiBears said:
Stitch712, i understand how passionate you are about Stitch and thats great. I was as defensive and blue in the face about Mr.Toads Wild Ride. And with Figment. (even tho he is Figment in the ride, he is fat, pale, feminine and could use botox around thee eyes when it comes to his merchandise?) All 3 of these characters have been hot-button topics from time to time. Lighten up and take it with a grain of salt. You dont have to agree with someone to like them. Criticism can be good. Just because you criticize a family member, a friend, Disney or your government- that doesnt mean you hate them, you just expect better of them...

Agreed!! Very well put TikiBears!!

Stitchfan712,

Your passion about Stitch is admirable!! :wave: However you must look at the big picture, there are a number of people out there who do not like SGE in its current form. And as TikiBears said, it is mainly because they know WDW can do better. So just relax, listen to what people have to say with an open mind, and don't take everything so personal.:D

Logan5

Sge

Imagine how much money they would have saved if they left AE alone and just built a stitch's intergalactic gift shop..... they could have had an AA that spoke to you and told you what credit cards he accepts..."no discover"

itiparanoid13

I haven't even been there in about a year and I probably won't ride SGE because of what it has become. Alien Encounter was a very enjoyable ride for me because it was one of a kind. I am a basically adrenaline rushed person, and AE was the first ride I ever got truly scared on at that park. It was one of a kind for them: A ride that the older demographic could enjoy and have to themselves. They really screwed the thing up big time. I don't understand why the hell they would do it, but that's their own dumbass fault.

dxwwf3

itiparanoid13 said:
I haven't even been there in about a year and I probably won't ride SGE because of what it has become. Alien Encounter was a very enjoyable ride for me because it was one of a kind. I am a basically adrenaline rushed person, and AE was the first ride I ever got truly scared on at that park. It was one of a kind for them: A ride that the older demographic could enjoy and have to themselves. They really screwed the thing up big time. I don't understand why the hell they would do it, but that's their own dumbass fault.

:lol: That's definately one way to put it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom