Via Napoli - opening day photos and report

goofykt

WOW. Looking at those photos made me wanna chew my arm off. I'm so hungry right now!

Love the ovens and the glass drink containers with the fruit inside. The pizzas look amazing too...it's some of the most appetizing food I've seen at WDW in a while...most of it looks like overprocessed crapola.

Atomicmickey

Looks amazing! I wanna Neapolitan pizza right now so bad it hurts!
I love the Volcano ovens, brilliant!

My only complaint, and this is small--is that the facade looks flat, and you can catch a peek of a background building to the left. Maybe a couple of forced perspective rooftops back there could quickly take care of this.

I'm hungry, now.

ms7479a

I too got the chance to eat at Via Napoli today and I was very impressed. Everything about the restaurant was top-notch: food, atmosphere, service. While the menu is a bit pricey, you definitely get what you pay for in terms of quality and portion size. The menu features a large selection of items, but I can tell that the pizza is definitely going to be the most popular item (and rightfully so). Via Napoli compliments Tutto Italia very well and the restaurants offer two dstinct dining experiences. Via Napoli is more casual in feel and its menu offers a whole array of different choices. I am currently working on an in-depth review with alot of pictures and I hope to have it done by tomorrow.

Main Street USA

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by Via Napoli. I've added it to the list of things I have to do on my next trip. The pepperoni pizza looks amazing.

Disneyfanman

What a beautiful restaurant. Pricey, but in reality what isn't at WDW. I do think you can get away with less if you go with the full pizzas. I haven't tried a new restaurant at Epcot in awhile (I love my favs!) and just cannot wait to go!

I do think the entrance court looks a little urban. Maybe that's just Italy!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sounds like a very nice place indeed. Maybe I can finagle another trip down there this year. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update, Steve! :sohappy:

SirNim

The only thing that's missing is some well-placed Italian street graffiti, especially right along that boring blank side of the fountain enclosure. Just for a little Neapolitan authenticity! Even the French pavilion has all sorts of posters and paraphernalia plastered over that round bulletin board thing that you'd see all over Paris.

I had pictured the ovens to be a little less cartoony in their depictions of the volcanic gods, but I guess they're ok. The whole interior is very spacious and chic, more New York than Naples, but then again, this particular restaurant concept did originate in Manhattan.

jt04

The only thing that's missing is some well-placed Italian street graffiti, especially right along that boring blank side of the fountain enclosure. Just for a little Neapolitan authenticity! Even the French pavilion has all sorts of posters and paraphernalia plastered over that round bulletin board thing that you'd see all over Paris.

I had pictured the ovens to be a little less cartoony in their depictions of the volcanic gods, but I guess they're ok. The whole interior is very spacious and chic, more New York than Naples, but then again, this particular restaurant concept did originate in Manhattan.

WS has always presented an idealised environment. Even the posters you mentioned were not intended to look "real". Leave the "Disney realism" in DAK.

What needs to be real is the food. And it appears to be so in many instances. BTW, I lived in Italy for a couple years so I'm qualified to say that. Awesome job by all! :sohappy:

jt04

It looks BETTER than Tuto. Will somebody please kick Tuto out, and bring back a real SIGNITURE Restaurant?

Isn't Tutto supposed to close again for another overhaul and renaming? I always thought Tutto was an interim step. A "pre-furb" of sorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom